Tom Moore | The Boneyard

Tom Moore

Reaction Score
With Akok Akok announcing soon and Tom acting as the lead recruiter for his services it had me thinking back to the premier recruits he landed during his first stint with UConn. Please help me in compiling a list of his successes. Very happy to have Tom and his bulldog recruiting style back. This guy is relentless!!!!!

Reaction Score
Pretty much e'rbody!

Pretty sure he landed Oriakhi and Jamal Coombs-McDaniel early and both were like top talents. One of only commits I remember so early in their HS careers.

Tom Moore is the GOAT UConn assistant

Reaction Score
Rhode Island
Recognized as one of the top recruiters and evaluators of talent in the country, Moore either recruited or coached numerous NBA players, including: Ray Allen, Richard Hamilton, Emeka Okafor, Ben Gordon, Rudy Gay, Caron Butler, Charlie Villanueva, Marcus Williams, Jake Voskuhl, Kevin Ollie, Hilton Armstrong and Josh Boone.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Moore (and Hobbs) simply got it done on the recruiting trail during our glory years. Helped to have Calhoun as a closer, but he knows what he's doing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
prob bad character example but want people to understand that tom GRINDS. He will get his man. Good news is coming......

Re: Nate Miles
The NCAA allows a single phone call per month to a prospect or his family in a player's junior year of high school. Yahoo! Sports reported that according to records, UConn coaches exceeded that limit in several months in 2006 and 2007 in the program's recruitment of Miles. In December 2006 alone, former UConn assistant coach Tom Moore made 27 calls to Miles' guardian and a person Miles referred to as an uncle, as well as three calls to Miles.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
prob bad character example but want people to understand that tom GRINDS. He will get his man. Good news is coming.

The NCAA allows a single phone call per month to a prospect or his family in a player's junior year of high school. Yahoo! Sports reported that according to records, UConn coaches exceeded that limit in several months in 2006 and 2007 in the program's recruitment of Miles. In December 2006 alone, former UConn assistant coach Tom Moore made 27 calls to Miles' guardian and a person Miles referred to as an uncle, as well as three calls to Miles.
"referred to"

Curiouser
Reaction Score
With Akok Akok announcing soon and Tom acting as the lead recruiter for his services it had me thinking back to the premier recruits he landed during his first stint with UConn. Please help me in compiling a list of his successes. Very happy to have Tom and his bulldog recruiting style back. This guy is relentless!!!!!
prob bad character example but want people to understand that tom GRINDS. He will get his man. Good news is coming.

Thread was started with bad karma and it's getting worse.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
1541000879441.png

Reaction Score
I ain't calling Moore lead recruiter til he officially hooks a tuna.

I don't mean lead recruiter on the staff. When we recruit a player an assistant will take lead with that individual player. Tom's responsibility is Akok. apologies if I was too casual in my OP.

Reaction Score
Yeah what is the point of this?

Tom has flown under the radar since returning to staff. Guy was monumental to success of program from personnel standpoint. Shinning light on an underappreciated asset during a time he is putting in tons of hours on the trail. nothing backhanded here

Reaction Score

we are a clean program. too many calls for the NCAA's liking is a child's play infraction. Nochimson was a bad egg

Reaction Score
I always thought Tom would succeed Calhoun. I am glad he is back in UConn blue.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
we are a clean program. too many calls for the NCAA's liking is a child's play infraction. Nochimson was a bad egg
The initial bad karma was counting chickens before they've hatched. I don't care how many tea leaves have been strewn across the board, we've been burned too many times to do that imo.

You compounded that by referencing Nate Miles as an example of how far Moore is willing to go to reel in a recruit. Child's play or not, it got us in a ton of trouble at a terrible time for us to be in trouble.

I like Moore and I am glad he's back.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Tom has flown under the radar since returning to staff. Guy was monumental to success of program from personnel standpoint. Shinning light on an underappreciated asset during a time he is putting in tons of hours on the trail. nothing backhanded here
He has accomplished nothing oficially since returning to the staff. Not that he won’t, but why did you make a thread giving him credit before any is due?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

You’re bad at this.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He has accomplished nothing oficially since returning to the staff. Not that he won’t, but why did you make a thread giving him credit before any is due?

You’re bad at this, too.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The initial bad karma was counting chickens before they've hatched. I don't care how many tea leaves have been strewn across the board, we've been burned too many times to do that imo.

You compounded that by referencing Nate Miles as an example of how far Moore is willing to go to reel in a recruit. Child's play or not, it got us in a ton of trouble at a terrible time for us to be in trouble.

I like Moore and I am glad he's back.

You’re fine, but you can still get a great lobster roll from anywhere because even a toddler can make one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom