Tom Izzo threw up watching loss to UCONN in Regional game | The Boneyard

Tom Izzo threw up watching loss to UCONN in Regional game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"When I watched it again I threw up," Izzo said Thursday at Big Ten media day. "It made me sick."

Poor Tommy - UCONN gave him a Tummy Ache!

image.jpg

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...pend-different-msu-big-three-season/17352839/

caw

Reaction Score
I like Izzo but MSU did not just "play badly" they got their throats stepped on by UConns defense after the first ten minutes or so. Boatright and Bapier made their guards look like snails, just like every guard set they played in the NCAAT.

Reaction Score
this msu punk speaks goody too shoes in public and boners extend with luv and thanx for partnering wit sled heroes

he be upchuck cuse he twoolee wants dance on dead dogs in yard teeming as in grave yard

keep in denial fossils

Reaction Score
Our defense harrassed them into making some really bad, at times unforced turnovers. Who can ever forget Trice spinning, tripping, and losing the ball out of bounds out near the scorers table because one of our guards fainted as if they were going to reach in for a steal.

Izzo has refused to give us credit almost. At the start of the FF against Florida he supposedly told Calhoun, "why couldn't you guys play like that against us?" He doesn't seem to understand that team wasn't going to be denied, even against more talented teams. First play didn't Phil force Payne into a TO?

Reaction Score
Not sure what he 'teaches' his player about how to handle losing. I guess he supplies barf bags in the locker room.

Anyway we were destined to win that Tourney and no HOF coach was going to stop us. He's been around too long not too know about UConn and our Tourney history.

Meaning in the NCAA post season there is no such thing as 'UConn upsets (X)'.

Reaction Score
Wow Tom why watch that again since you know how badly you were out coached? LOL

I was watching Trice the other day while at my brothers and Trice was playing with confidence. I said to bro "hey, that's not the same guy Boat and Bazz made afraid to even put the ball on the floor....." with a smile and he agreed. Our guards took them out of their game as did our whole defense. The other guard (left for the NBA?) made everything in the first half or we win by 20 Tom, we were the better teams usual!

Reaction Score
Our defense harrassed them into making some really bad, at times unforced turnovers. Who can ever forget Trice spinning, tripping, and losing the ball out of bounds out near the scorers table because one of our guards fainted as if they were going to reach in for a steal.

Izzo has refused to give us credit almost. At the start of the FF against Florida he supposedly told Calhoun, "why couldn't you guys play like that against us?" He doesn't seem to understand that team wasn't going to be denied, even against more talented teams. First play didn't Phil force Payne into a TO?

He should consider himself lucky that the 2009 Final Four was played in Detroit, and was as green with MSU fans as the Pinstripe Bowl was blue last weekend.

If that game were played at a neutral site, we'd be have five titles by now...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
They lost because of him. The first time their center took a 3pt shot, I'd have reminded him to go inside where we were thin. I wouldn't have cared how good a shooter he is.

Izzo lost the game right there. He should throw up at himself. KO schooled him.

Reaction Score
They lost because of him. The first time their center took a 3pt shot, I'd have reminded him to go inside where we were thin. I wouldn't have cared how good a shooter he is.

Izzo lost the game right there. He should throw up at himself. KO schooled him.

10 of Adreian Payne's 14 shots were 3 pointers. Failed game plan.

Reaction Score
10 of Adreian Payne's 14 shots were 3 pointers. Failed game plan.
Yup. KO had a great game plan and Izzo...well I don't know what he was thinking. I know we made it tough inside and out for them and every team we played during that tourney, but I remember when watching that game wondering why he didn't try to pound and drive it inside. Even if it meant turning it over a bunch of times, it sure would have been better than what they were doing. Bad coaching. He should blame himself and no one else and give credit to KO and his team.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Yup. KO had a great game plan and Izzo...well I don't know what he was thinking. I know we made it tough inside and out for them and every team we played during that tourney, but I remember when watching that game wondering why he didn't try to pound and drive it inside. Even if it meant turning it over a bunch of times, it sure would have been better than what they were doing. Bad coaching. He should blame himself and no one else and give credit to KO and his team.

Boat and Bazz were too dominant on defense to allow them to get the ball inside. Their guards were picking up their dribble well beyond the 3 point line and Payne had to go out beyond the arc just to receive the ball. I think it was just incredible defense by us more than it was bad coaching. We did the same thing to Florida and kentucky.

Reaction Score
Wow Tom why watch that again since you know how badly you were out coached? LOL

I was watching Trice the other day while at my brothers and Trice was playing with confidence. I said to bro "hey, that's not the same guy Boat and Bazz made afraid to even put the ball on the floor....." with a smile and he agreed. Our guards took them out of their game as did our whole defense. The other guard (left for the NBA?) made everything in the first half or we win by 20 Tom, we were the better teams usual!
Yeah, Harris balled out or we we blow them out. Dawson had me sharting after watching him against UVA, I don't even remember him making a single significant play against us. He let Payne shoot from the outside like he was Ray Allen. KO outcoached the pants off of Izzo and Cal in that tournament like nobody's business.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't you rather have him feel bitter and sick to his stomach?

Reaction Score
I think he was paying us a compliment. His game plan was poor, his team played afraid, and he didn't make adjustments. That would make any honest, insightful coach sick to his stomach.

Personally I like Izzo and thought he was classy and complimentary after the game. I'm betting his quote is out of context.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I think he was paying us a compliment. His game plan was poor, his team played afraid, and he didn't make adjustments. That would make any honest, insightful coach sick to his stomach.

Personally I like Izzo and thought he was classy and complimentary after the game. I'm betting his quote is out of context.

Yeah, but dont let the facts get in the way of the traditional Uconn fan "lets manufacture ways we've been slighted" rant.

We played great D, but that was not Michigan's ST. best game. Much of it due to us? Sure, absolutely. But teams can also be "off" for other reasons. I think Izzo if anyone would recognize when that is the case.
That wasn't UConn's best game of tournament either. I would reserve that for the final 30 minutes of Florida or just from an offensive standpoint, the Iowa ST game.

Not every win is because we play lights out better. Winning ugly happens. Michigan St. wasnt really ugly on our part, but it wasn't Michigan St. best shot either. Our NC game against Butler, that wasn't our A+ game by any stretch of the imagination. I will take the W every day of the week though.
Izzo is not failing to respect us. He is talking about how his team did not play up to what he believed its potential to be. And you know what? They didn't. There is no guarantee they win if they did play up to their potential. He knows that. There is no fault in claiming that as a Coach.

But please let's continue fretting about how nobody gives us our due.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Another graduate of the Boeheim school of throwing your players under the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom