Toll of the season on coaches and players | The Boneyard

Toll of the season on coaches and players

Reaction Score
I found something Geno said yesterday really interesting: he was talking about how hard the NCAA tournament is going to be mentally for coaches, players, support staff etc with the bubble situation. Teams who make it to the final 4 will essentially have spent 3 weeks in a hotel room, only being able to come out for practice and games. It is a season and an NCAA tournament like no other that has happened before, and hopefully wont ever happen again. He spoke about how some people wont deal with it well and some will, and ultimately the teams who have the most players that can deal with it and still play their best basketball will do well. Sometimes we forget these are just kids and mentally I am sure this season has been hard, and the constant worry about someone within their team bubble getting COVID and the team being paused or having to pull out of the NCAA's will be tough too.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I found something Geno said yesterday really interesting: he was talking about how hard the NCAA tournament is going to be mentally for coaches, players, support staff etc with the bubble situation. Teams who make it to the final 4 will essentially have spent 3 weeks in a hotel room, only being able to come out for practice and games. It is a season and an NCAA tournament like no other that has happened before, and hopefully wont ever happen again. He spoke about how some people wont deal with it well and some will, and ultimately the teams who have the most players that can deal with it and still play their best basketball will do well. Sometimes we forget these are just kids and mentally I am sure this season has been hard, and the constant worry about someone within their team bubble getting COVID and the team being paused or having to pull out of the NCAA's will be tough too.

I know it is all about TV but I think it is really tough that they are not compressing the NCAA schedule. But as Geno said, you don't like it, lose early or don't make the tournament and then you can be locked up in a home of your choice. I hope CD/ Evina comes up with a lot of clever extracurricular stuff to keep them occupied.

Reaction Score
I know it is all about TV but I think it is really tough that they are not compressing the NCAA schedule. But as Geno said, you don't like it, lose early or don't make the tournament and then you can be locked up in a home of your choice. I hope CD/ Evina comes up with a lot of clever extracurricular stuff to keep them occupied.
How about school work?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Just remember, all the teams that make the Big Dance will have to deal with all the negatives.

We'll see who can deal with it. This is why the tournament is wide open.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom