Todman put on Viking practice squad. | The Boneyard

Todman put on Viking practice squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Typical Boneyard, the "T0dman Cut" threa gets lot of response. The kid make the practice squad and crickets. Not one "goo job" or "nice to see."

Reaction Score
Good job. Nice to see.

Was reading a Bills write up that they think Easley will be on Practice squad. Apparently his locker, along w/3 other cut players, was still set up w/his name on it (they had cleaned out other released players lockers already). Hope so.

Reaction Score
They'll both get their chances. After seeing Todman put up monster numbers with his shoulders basically falling off of him I don't see how they can question his durability. Merely a hiccup in an otherwise upward trajectory I think.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I think they'll give him a shot possibly after they see he is durable. Reports were that they loved his ability but his injury concerns were what they were worried about. It was interesting too because when they released Lex Hilliard everyone was saying how Todman would be the #3 back, then a few hours later he was cut as well....crazy but that's the NFL....

Reaction Score
Practice squad pays better than a lot of people realize. Unfortunately, you can only stay on it for so many years. With that being said, JT should have a good chance to get picked up by some team during the season. Even my Redskins are only carrying 3 unproven RBs, plenty of opportunity out there.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm still shocked that those two aren't on the main roster. Like I said on another thread, getting cut the day after you score a 100 yard td and a 72 yard td for Easley and Todman respectively is odd as hell. Are the Bills and Vikings saying that they don't have any room on their rosters for that kind of talent??

I hope both of those guys find their way back onto the main rosters soon. Keep up the good work, Marcus and Jordan!!

Reaction Score
I'm still shocked that those two aren't on the main roster. Like I said on another thread, getting cut the day after you score a 100 yard td and a 72 yard td for Easley and Todman respectively is odd as hell. Are the Bills and Vikings saying that they don't have any room on their rosters for that kind of talent??

I hope both of those guys find their way back onto the main rosters soon. Keep up the good work, Marcus and Jordan!!
We're talking about the Bills and Vikings. Bills were stupid to give Fitzpatrick that monster contract.

Reaction Score
Fortunately he can be taken by another team if he is on the practice squad. The Vikings either need to pay him well to make him les attractive to another team swiping him or if another team comes along with a chance to play he will be gone. This is probably a three to four win team this year so I predict playing time on the Vikings won't be. A problem.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score

I think the takeaway on that is that they were getting cut regardless of their performance in the game. Thing is, NFL teams don't want to play any starters in their last pre-season game so they literally need bodies to just get through the game. It is still a chance for good athletes like JT and ME to show off their skills though. You have to know those highlights will be looked at by anyone looking to pick them up.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I think the takeaway on that is that they were getting cut regardless of their performance in the game. Thing is, NFL teams don't want to play any starters in their last pre-season game so they literally need bodies to just get through the game. It is still a chance for good athletes like JT and ME to show off their skills though. You have to know those highlights will be looked at by anyone looking to pick them up.

Granted, I know that the subs were in, but the athleticism that they displayed on those plays have to make them worth something to their respective teams, I would think. Well, hopefully they continue to get paid, and it would be really great if they landed on another team that appreciates their talents and skill sets...

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Fortunately he can be taken by another team if he is on the practice squad. The Vikings either need to pay him well to make him les attractive to another team swiping him or if another team comes along with a chance to play he will be gone. This is probably a three to four win team this year so I predict playing time on the Vikings won't be. A problem.

Unfortunately Todman will be #3 or 4 behind the only solid player on the Vikings. Assuming AP is healthy Todman won't sniff playing time, no matter how bad the Vikings are. His best shot to play was to have a great camp and have AP not ready to start this season. Unfortunately neither went his way but he's only in year 2 in the league and there's still hope another team would take him.

Reaction Score
Min. Salary for practice squad is $5700 a week. If he makes the 53 team roster even for a game he gets a min. of 3 weeks NFL min. Pay.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Good job by Todman hanging in there. Nice to see.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Granted, I know that the subs were in, but the athleticism that they displayed on those plays have to make them worth something to their respective teams, I would think. Well, hopefully they continue to get paid, and it would be really great if they landed on another team that appreciates their talents and skill sets...

Since any team in the league can sign anyone they want off someone else's practice squad - if they are appreciated they are available. I would imagine that Todman is on a lot of short lists when injuries hit.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't have any idea what Minnesota's plan is right now.

They have two RB's on their roster- Peterson and Gerhart.

I don't know of any other team with only two RB's on their roster (one of which is still probably not 100%).

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/min/roster

It's the same reason the Giants keep 2 quarterbacks on the roster most weeks. They prefer the roster flexibility over covering multiple injuries in the same game.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
It's the same reason the Giants keep 2 quarterbacks on the roster most weeks. They prefer the roster flexibility over covering multiple injuries in the same game.

You can do that with quarterback but not sure you should do that with the running back position.
He gets to play sooner than later in my opinion.

Kashif Moore is on the Indy practice squad as well.

Reaction Score
Great advice Todman had. FHCRE thought it was time (because Randy knows offense?)? If not him, then who. Todman couldn't have done worse by staying at UConn for senior year. Would it have made a difference? I think so, but who knows. Always liked Todman, and feel bad because I think he got bad advice.

Reaction Score
They'll both get their chances. After seeing Todman put up monster numbers with his shoulders basically falling off of him I don't see how they can question his durability. Merely a hiccup in an otherwise upward trajectory I think.
He really was hurt for almost all of the pre-season (ankle) and only got to show his stuff against the Texans 2nd and 3rd stringers in the last pre-season game. Hoping that he's back with the Vikes soon...

Reaction Score
just a tidbit about Todman and being on the Vikings PS...
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/...have_sack_total_in_mind_for_2012_season090612

A little extra cash
The Vikings waived halfback Jordan Todman in their final cutdown, but he had good reason to re-sign to their practice squad.
According to an NFL source, Todman's contract includes a base salary of $170,000 -- significantly more than the practice squad minimum of $96,900.
Had Todman made the 53-man roster, his base salary would have been $465,000.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
just a tidbit about Todman and being on the Vikings PS...
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/...have_sack_total_in_mind_for_2012_season090612

A little extra cash
The Vikings waived halfback Jordan Todman in their final cutdown, but he had good reason to re-sign to their practice squad.
According to an NFL source, Todman's contract includes a base salary of $170,000 -- significantly more than the practice squad minimum of $96,900.
Had Todman made the 53-man roster, his base salary would have been $465,000.

Nice fallback option. If Todman remains healthy I think there's a signifcant chance he's activated before the seasons over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom