Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He actually quit to become Arizona State coach. He was not fired

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
HE FIRED PITT!!!!!!

lol for azst. wow. pitt looking to join the club that bcu is in a little early?

-so not only are psu commits running around looking everywhere but now pitt commits will be as well. great news for us possibly, scum had a top 25 class.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Holy crap. And for ASU? Maybe he was looking for warmer weather? What a mess for Pitt.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
From a tweet...

Graham sent a text to his DFO to then forward to his players...didn't even notify them himself

Reaction Score
http://tracking.si.com/2011/12/14/report-todd-graham-will-leave-pittsburgh-to-become-asu-head-coach/
http://arizonasports.com/44/1478219/Reports-Sun-Devils-find-their-coach-hire-Todd-Graham
http://mobile.cardiachill.com/2011/12/14/2635772/todd-graham-to-arizona-state

Once again the sad part about all of this is that the players get screwed! FUCRE obviously paid attention when other head coaches were doing this. I somehow wish head coaches could be held accountable for their actions if they leave prematurely. Notwithstanding that a scholarship student-athlete is aware that a coaches contract is up within a set period of time, I would hazard a guess that most of them expect that their head coach will be at the school the entire time they're there. If not, why not let the players be free to market their skills to the highest bidding school when a head coach leave...sans any monetary remuneration of course. The whole head coaching merry-go-round is a blight.

Reaction Score
He didnt meet with his players face to face. I wonder if the Pitt fans will be as outraged as our fans were.

Reaction Score
I don't have a problem with coaches leaving after the season. No different risk than your faculty advisor or favorite professor leaving at the end of the year. That the NCAA can't agree that member institutions won't poach each other's coaches before the end of a team's season is, in and of itself, enough to make me conclude that these are not really non-profit institutions and should not be treated as such.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This is funny. From the middle article linked above.

"I'm really surprised Arizona State didn't do a background check to see how long he's stayed at his coaching stops," ESPN NCAA insider Mark May told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo.

Hey Mark, maybe Pitt should have done a better job of checking his background before hiring him last year.

Reaction Score
Graham made Edsall look considerate in comparison. He sent his director of football operations a text and had him relay the text via email.

Reaction Score
http://tracking.si.com/2011/12/14/report-todd-graham-will-leave-pittsburgh-to-become-asu-head-coach/
http://arizonasports.com/44/1478219/Reports-Sun-Devils-find-their-coach-hire-Todd-Graham
http://mobile.cardiachill.com/2011/12/14/2635772/todd-graham-to-arizona-state

Once again the sad part about all of this is that the players get screwed! FUCRE obviously paid attention when other head coaches were doing this. I somehow wish head coaches could be held accountable for their actions if they leave prematurely. Notwithstanding that a scholarship student-athlete is aware that a coaches contract is up within a set period of time, I would hazard a guess that most of them expect that their head coach will be at the school the entire time they're there. If not, why not let the players be free to market their skills to the highest bidding school when a head coach leave...sans any monetary remuneration of course. The whole head coaching merry-go-round is a blight.

I'm with you kingspoint. it gets sadder and sadder.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
FUCRE obviously paid attention when other head coaches were doing this.

No, obviously, he didn't. But at least he had the decency to call someone with a speakerphone.

Reaction Score
I don't have a problem with coaches leaving after the season. No different risk than your faculty advisor or favorite professor leaving at the end of the year. That the NCAA can't agree that member institutions won't poach each other's coaches before the end of a team's season is, in and of itself, enough to make me conclude that these are not really non-profit institutions and should not be treated as such.

Except that the student can leave the school after their faculty advisor leaves, transfer to another school (even the same school as the adviser) and not have to sit out a year before taking classes to help them get closer to their chosen profession.

Reaction Score
Edsall had been at UConn for 12 years and had been the head coach when every single UConn player was recruited. Graham spent less than 11 months at Pitt and did not even recruit half of Pitt's players. Lets not compare the two in attempt to make Graham look worse than Edsall.

Reaction Score
Wow.... My condolensces to Arizona State... The supporters I mean (players, alumn, boosters)... Wow...

Reaction Score
Except that the student can leave the school after their faculty advisor leaves, transfer to another school (even the same school as the adviser) and not have to sit out a year before taking classes to help them get closer to their chosen profession.

It's not easy to transfer and be on path for your major after your first year at many colleges.

I have no issue letting players leave and not sit out a year if their coach leaves. But you can't tell a coach he can't leave because he has continuing players or he could never leave/

Reaction Score
It's not easy to transfer and be on path for your major after your first year at many colleges.

I have no issue letting players leave and not sit out a year if their coach leaves. But you can't tell a coach he can't leave because he has continuing players or he could never leave/

We agree, I think - if coaches can leave at will, and not sit out, players should be given the same opportunity.

Reaction Score
Wasn't Pitt HCRE's "real" dream job? has his agent started floating his name?

Reaction Score
I like this one...

EdDaigneault (Wtby American Uconn Reeporter)

Heretofore unknown part of Big East bylaws: football coaches must depart in the most classless manner possible.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Not for nothing, but Pitt essentially pulled the same crap on John Marinatto and the Big East.

No tears outta me for them at alll. Eat it, Pitt...

Reaction Score
"I have resigned my position at Pitt in the best interest of my family to pursue the head coaching position at Arizona State," Graham said in a text message sent to players on the Pittsburgh team. "Coaching there has always been a dream of ours and we have family there. The timing of the circumstances have prohibited me from telling you this directly. I now am on my way to Tempe to continue those discussions. God Bless. Coach Graham."

LOL. No sympathy for those scumbags (the administration, not the players). None.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
pitt is messy, psu is a huge mess, cuse hasn't been good since? bc has stunk and will continue to. so that leaves UConn to take over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom