Today's Local Papers | The Boneyard

Today's Local Papers

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Collier helps No. 2 UConn rout Wichita State 84-47

"We came out with an aggressiveness," said Dailey, who stood in for an ill Geno Auriemma a second straight game. "We pushed the ball in transition, and that puts a lot of pressure on them. Even when we didn't hit shots early, I liked the way we were playing."

Napheesa Collier scores season-high 32 points to lead UConn women past Wichita State 84-47, secure AAC regular season title

“She just does it every day. There’s not much that I can say, other than that every day we get her very best effort,” associate head coach Chris Dailey said. “She guards the best big player on the other team as an undersized forward, doesn’t complain, doesn’t shy away from it. She doesn’t shy away from contact, doesn’t shy away from pressure. We’re big believers in pressure only makes you better. You can’t shy away from it. You have to embrace it. I think Napheesa has certainly embraced that role.”

The Register: As of now zippo.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
There was a nice article in the Wichita Eagle this morning - didn't talk much about the game itself but the positive impact having UConn visit will hopefully make on growing interest in the women's game locally. Something we've seen at other venues over the years.

UConn women basketball team’s first trip to Koch Arena draws excitement

“You see a lot of young girls out there and they see UConn and how undeniably amazing they are and their dominance and that’s going to spark a light for some of these little girls in the building,” said Hannah Mortimer, a former WSU women’s player and current member of the Harlem Globetrotters. “They’re going to remember this crowd and how cool this was tonight and they’re going to say, ‘Hey, I want to play for the Shockers and I want to try to beat UConn.’”

More likely: "I wanna be a Husky!"

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
“You see a lot of young girls out there and they see UConn and how undeniably amazing they are and their dominance and that’s going to spark a light for some of these little girls in the building,” said Hannah Mortimer, a former WSU women’s player and current member of the Harlem Globetrotters. “They’re going to remember this crowd and how cool this was tonight and they’re going to say, ‘Hey, I want to play for the Shockers and I want to try to beat UConn.’”

More likely: "I wanna be a Husky!"
Yea, most kids don't want to grow up and play for the Washington Generals. :rolleyes:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
There was a nice article in the Wichita Eagle this morning - didn't talk much about the game itself but the positive impact having UConn visit will hopefully make on growing interest in the women's game locally. Something we've seen at other venues over the years.

UConn women basketball team’s first trip to Koch Arena draws excitement

A really fine article @cabbie191 :

“Our family is a big basketball family. I coach. Me and my husband both played, our daughters played,” Kay Hawes said. “I think there are a lot of families out there like that. We’re just huge fans of women’s basketball and what UConn has done for women’s basketball. We’re Kansans, so of course we love Wichita State. But when UConn comes, it’s like having the king come to town.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom