Today Would Have Been Jasper Howard's 27th Birthday | The Boneyard

Today Would Have Been Jasper Howard's 27th Birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Happy birthday to a Husky that all of us hold near and dear to our hearts. Great to see all the former UConn players on social media talking about him too. Figured this would be a good thread to share any favorite memories/stories anyone might have of Jasper or his parents. I wasn't even a UConn fan at the time but his punt return TD against Syracuse showed such incredible burst of speed and athleticism. Would've loved to have seen how his career would have developed had be not been tragically taken from us.

Reaction Score
Not one to wish happy birth day to those not around to hear it. That's just me take no offense. I do pray he is resting in peace.
See his photo daily as I still have the Oct 31, 09 program with him on the cover on the mantle down stairs along with the cardboard #6 we were given to hold up at the half time ceremonies that day. He holds down a prestigious spot right next to my 89 / 90 Dream Team poster signed to me from JC with photo of myself and Jim.
I have no stories of his family but I can tell you the half time event that day I will never forget. Overcast dank all day with no chance of the clouds breaking until we were to hold up our signs in unison, at that point the sky right over the stadium opened just enough to let a nice bright beam shine down. In about 30 seconds just as the clouds opened they closed. You could hear a pin drop and as you looked around it was obvious with out speaking everyone shared the same thoughts and sense of amazement. RIP JAZZ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek
Top Bottom