Today’s top college football programs ranked | The Boneyard

Today’s top college football programs ranked

Reaction Score
If you had to rank today’s top college football programs not just in terms of wins and losses but also in terms of recruiting prowess and trendiness, what does your list look like? Here is mine:

1 - Alabama
2 - Ohio State
3 - Clemson
4 - Georgia
5 - LSU
6 - Oklahoma
7 - Notre Dame
8 - Oregon
9 - Texas A&M
10 - Florida/USC/Michigan/Texas/Penn State

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Michigan not even close to be top 20. They are going to continue to decline until Harbaugh leaves after this year.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
If you had to rank today’s top college football programs not just in terms of wins and losses but also in terms of recruiting prowess and trendiness, what does your list look like? Here is mine:

1 - Alabama
2 - Ohio State
3 - Clemson
4 - LSU
5 - Florida
6 - Notre Dame
7 - Georgia
8 - USC
9 - Texas
10 - Oklahoma

I don't understand why Texas A&M or Oregon are on your list. Oregon for uniforms maybe? National championships have to matter somewhat.

Reaction Score
1 - Alabama
2 - Ohio State
3 - Clemson
4 - LSU
5 - Florida
6 - Notre Dame
7 - Georgia
8 - USC
9 - Texas
10 - Oklahoma

I don't understand why Texas A&M or Oregon are on your list. Oregon for uniforms maybe? National championships have to matter somewhat.

How is Texas on your list and how are Notre Dame and Florida over Georgia?

Maybe I’m wrong, but I think the question is programs ranked today; not a historic listing

Reaction Score
Michigan not even close to be top 20. They are going to continue to decline until Harbaugh leaves after this year.

Michigan is still one of the top programs, but with a strong down arrow next to their names

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
How is Texas on your list and how are Notre Dame and Florida over Georgia?

Maybe I’m wrong, but I think the question is programs ranked today; not a historic listing
Well...let's be honest...the criteria for this list is pretty vague. But.... Texas is big enough to have their own Network...and they probably have more money than any other school. Yes they haven't recently won a championship, but they are an iconic program. Same with ND. Historically and recently relevant.

Regarding Florida and Georgia....Florida has won 3 national championships since Georgia last won one.

Reaction Score
Well...let's be honest...the criteria for this list is pretty vague. But.... Texas is big enough to have their own Network...and they probably have more money than any other school. Yes they haven't recently won a championship, but they are an iconic program. Same with ND. Historically and recently relevant.

Regarding Florida and Georgia....Florida has won 3 national championships since Georgia last won one.

Yeah I guess I read it more as like current standing, not trying to rank by past accomplishments.

it would be nice if @VUHusky would chime in to clarify

Reaction Score
Guapo is correct. I was thinking more about current standing than historical performance. Basically the schools that currently have the most buzz about them among recruits (of course these schools also tend to be successful in terms of wins and losses). If the list was based on past history I think we’d have to include a team like Nebraska which definitely would not make any top 10 list of trendiest programs currently. Miami, while a bit more successful than Nebraska recently, might also fall into this category.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom