Toby Fournier - 6'2" HS forward - "among the cleanest dunkers I've seen" | The Boneyard

Toby Fournier - 6'2" HS forward - "among the cleanest dunkers I've seen"

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Can she shoot? Can she pass? How about, I don't know, hit a pull up, shoot over a screen, make a nice pocket pass, play some defense. Dunks don't thrill me unless the player can actually play basketball. Players that are threats at all three levels get me out of my seat.

Reaction Score
Can she shoot? Can she pass? How about, I don't know, hit a pull up, shoot over a screen, make a nice pocket pass, play some defense.
Don’t look now, but I think you just described Paige. By the way is that a new avatar?

Reaction Score
Can she shoot? Can she pass? How about, I don't know, hit a pull up, shoot over a screen, make a nice pocket pass, play some defense. Dunks don't thrill me unless the player can actually play basketball. Players that are threats at all three levels get me out of my seat.
She's got a lot of potential, but she's still raw. I've known of her since she was 13/14 as I live near Toronto and see OSBA games. The dunking videos are great, but it doesn't show what she is capable of doing.

From my perspective, here is what I'm hoping to see from her this OSBA season:

1) Outside shooting - she doesn't shoot from outside the key from what I've watched. Majority of her points are in the paint.

2) Strength inside - I don't see a lot of her posting up and when she does, she can still get pushed around when facing stronger players.

3) Defensive commitment - Blocks are great, but it feels like she relies on it to save herself sometimes. She has the agility to move and beat her man to the spot if she wants to.

If you want to make your own assessment, there's game footage of her from the U17 FIBA tournament this year, along with OSBA games on YouTube.

Reaction Score
She's got a lot of potential, but she's still raw. I've known of her since she was 13/14 as I live near Toronto and see OSBA games. The dunking videos are great, but it doesn't show what she is capable of doing.

From my perspective, here is what I'm hoping to see from her this OSBA season:

1) Outside shooting - she doesn't shoot from outside the key from what I've watched. Majority of her points are in the paint.

2) Strength inside - I don't see a lot of her posting up and when she does, she can still get pushed around when facing stronger players.

3) Defensive commitment - Blocks are great, but it feels like she relies on it to save herself sometimes. She has the agility to move and beat her man to the spot if she wants to.

If you want to make your own assessment, there's game footage of her from the U17 FIBA tournament this year, along with OSBA games on YouTube.
This is what I've seen. She's got a lot of potential, but is still a bit undeveloped in strength and determination for a player who works mainly in the paint. If she ends up at a Div 1 school, I suspect she'll be a project for at least the first two years.

On the other hand, the potential of her physical skills, and especially that spring in her step, is pretty awesome. It's hard not to be curious about what she might accomplish.

Reaction Score
This is what I've seen. She's got a lot of potential, but is still a bit undeveloped in strength and determination for a player who works mainly in the paint. If she ends up at a Div 1 school, I suspect she'll be a project for at least the first two years.

On the other hand, the potential of her physical skills, and especially that spring in her step, is pretty awesome. It's hard not to be curious about what she might accomplish.
Agreed. There have been different posts/threads on the board about her for the last couple seasons. She is ranked per ESPN for the 2024 class as well.

Once people became aware of her, a lot of people in the basketball scene here tried to get her on board with their program. Crestwood won out for the OSBA league and Kia Nurse Elite won with respect to AAU. She's also part of Canada Basketball's targeted athlete program. At least she's getting coaching from a lot of decent sources.

Reaction Score
I am definitely not a fan of dunking, but Toby Fournier looks like quite the athlete!
She'll be an A-lister her senior year!

Reaction Score

Here are her stats from the U17 FIBA Worlds this summer. With the exception of the game versus Korea, there are areas of improvement even with the numbers she's generating. Looking at the free throws, that percentage is surprising. Considering how often she gets to the line, this area could be very important this season as she's going to be a target.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom