To whomever designed the new parking patterns | The Boneyard

To whomever designed the new parking patterns

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I guess you like it...:)

Who doesn't like a 20+ minute walk with little kids as you walk past acres of parking spaces. After taking the traffic around the stadium so you have to wait at the crosswalks.

But we want y'all in th stadium at kickoff.

Reaction Score
I used to bike to the stadium from my house (About a mile away from it.) I wonder if I could still do it. They didn't like me biking in, but why waste gas? I just filled up here for $2.00/gal yesterday, but biking to the Bucs-Titans game tomorrow (7 miles from my home to to the stadium. Tonight, going to the Rays-Sox game.)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I used to bike to the stadium from my house (About a mile away from it.) I wonder if I could still do it. They didn't like me biking in, but why waste gas? I just filled up here for $2.00/gal yesterday, but biking to the Bucs-Titans game tomorrow (7 miles from my home to to the stadium. Tonight, going to the Rays-Sox game.)

Gas was only 2.16 here on the tpke yesterday.

Reaction Score
Forego betting on UConn and use the extra money to buy tix with blue lot passes. Glad I didn't drop a bomb today.

Reaction Score
Is the lot on the left (north) side of Willow Street still open? Sometimes its open, sometimes its closed. It's a walk (not as bad as the end of the runway); but, it provides for a quick exit.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Who doesn't like a 20+ minute walk with little kids as you walk past acres of parking spaces. After taking the traffic around the stadium so you have to wait at the crosswalks.

But we want y'all in th stadium at kickoff.
40 acres, but no mule. I skipped the tailgate today and got off the highway at 11:30, thought I'd have enough time to park and walk in by kickoff but nope... all of the land next to the runway, where the red lots used to be, was empty except for one area at the end. Very weird.

Reaction Score
We park in the gray lot. Around 9 am, there were just a few rows of cars in the front section closer to the stadium. For some reason, they were directing cars to the section farthest from the stadium.

When we asked the lot attendant if this was a permanent change, he said they needed to reserve 25-50 spaces for some corporate group; the usual set up will return next week. That's about two rows of spaces--why did they reserve 75% of the front section? What company was it and why did they get better parking than season ticket holders?

junglehusky

Reaction Score
We park in the gray lot. Around 9 am, there were just a few rows of cars in the front section closer to the stadium. For some reason, they were directing cars to the section farthest from the stadium.

When we asked the lot attendant if this was a permanent change, he said they needed to reserve 25-50 spaces for some corporate group; the usual set up will return next week. That's about two rows of spaces--why did they reserve 75% of the front section? What company was it and why did they get better parking than season ticket holders?
Pratt and Whitney?

junglehusky

Reaction Score
They can't park at the plant and carpool?
No idea... but I could see them getting a number of parking spaces as part of the naming rights deal. Then again it might be for another one of the sponsors for all I know.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Doing my best to save my rant about the parking until Monday or Tuesday....

Reaction Score
Exiting the Grey lot today we were sent around the Stadium to the west. The road system at the Rent is not very efficient. I hope someone looks at it from way up in space and gets it figured out before we get in the Big. Complete cluster.

Reaction Score
The only thing they ever got right about Uconn football was the parking and tailgate. It was easy in, easy out, fun and efficient. Its almost like the state got involved and screwed it up.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The only thing they ever got right about Uconn football was the parking and tailgate. It was easy in, easy out, fun and efficient. Its almost like the state got involved and screwed it up.

It's who the State is in bed with...

Reaction Score
Interesting that the state was mentioned. No LAZ attendants but state troopers instead.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Don't worry guys. Once the state builds a bunch of outlet shopping around the Rent, all of the traffic/parking problems will be solved.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering if I could get away with parking at cabellas and not get towed.

Reaction Score
Parked in The Aero Club Lot, Stayed till the very end! 10 minute walk out to the car and I was on the highway in another 5 after that. I'll never park in a stadium lot AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom