To UConn Program, Block C Represents More Than Just A Logo | The Boneyard

To UConn Program, Block C Represents More Than Just A Logo

Reaction Score
To UConn Program, Block C Represents More Than Just A Logo

>>The block-C’s big comeback emerged this year out of conversations between Edsall and Kyle Muncy, UConn’s director of brand management, who also served as sports information director for the school’s football team last season. The two took the idea to athletic director David Benedict, and before long the beloved logo was officially a part of the program again.

Muncy says Edsall wanted to remind fans of their happy memories of UConn football.

“It was important to him that we reconnect,” Muncy said. “Whether that’s reconnect with wins, reconnect with former players, most importantly reconnect with fans and get them back in the stadium and get them back supporting the program. Putting the block-C on the helmet is just one other way we can do that.”

Block-C apparel will be available for sale exclusively at Rentschler Field this season, Muncy said.<<

Reaction Score
Block C is tradition but it also is Connecticut. the Husky re-boot is meh. A majority of the major state football programs have the letter of the state on the helmet. Brand the team as Connecticut football not husky logo. get the state involved. outline of CT at midfield.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
What games will they wear block c for?

It’ll be out for UCF. My fiancée get an email for UConn staff offering up to four free tickets. They billed the game as throwback Thursday

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Block C is tradition but it also is Connecticut. the Husky re-boot is meh. A majority of the major state football programs have the letter of the state on the helmet. Brand the team as Connecticut football not Shittu husky logo. get the state involved. outline of CT at midfield.
Totally agree regarding the state logo.

Reaction Score
Its a great logo. I hope they can re-earn it. Classy, yet simplistic. Will wear it respectfully. Hope they start carrying nice gear with it on the gear.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Block C is tradition but it also is Connecticut. the Husky re-boot is meh. A majority of the major state football programs have the letter of the state on the helmet. Brand the team as Connecticut football not Shittu husky logo. get the state involved. outline of CT at midfield.
I took at face value that you were friends with HFD but maybe the real answer is you ARE HFD? :)

Reaction Score
I took at face value that you were friends with HFD but maybe the real answer is you ARE HFD? :)

ha that post was definitely HFD-esque...he and I definitely agree on how the school should brand itself as the flagship university of Connecticut rather than some updated husky graphic.

Can confirm I am not HFD. He refuses to return to the site under any other name. Only if the powers that be unlock his original account he'd consider coming back

Reaction Score
As for the three pressing issues of the day:
1. I prefer the current Husky logo over "fluffy".
2. I prefer being called UConn, not Connecticut.
3. I like the Block C.

Reaction Score
I like the new logo. I'd love it a lot more if it remained all white. So one posted an all white husky and it clearly should have been the one we had. I like the Block C making a debut as a throwback. Hopefully other logos can make it comeback in years to come as a throwback. Especially musket jonathan

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I like the new logo. I'd love it a lot more if it remained all white. So one posted an all white husky and it clearly should have been the one we had. I like the Block C making a debut as a throwback. Hopefully other logos can make it comeback in years to come as a throwback. Especially musket jonathan
9898014173_c4f20bf2da_b.jpg

#bringbackthewhitedog

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
All I really want is a new Block C hat. My old one died and I don't think a grown man should walk around with a cartoon wolf/dog on his headgear.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Don’t they usually release the paint job by now? I feel like they have a surprise for us

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom