To those going to Maryland | The Boneyard

To those going to Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And, please, please, please, above all else - see to it that UConn actually beats an ACC team. It'll make it so much more credible when folks start slamming the ACC for being a weak conference. Oh and enjoy and stay safe. As an aside, U of Maryland is a beautiful college campus. You'll probably agree after the visit. A larger (than the Rent) on campus stadium (the campus will be buzzing). And if you get a chance, check out (from the inside) the basketball arena. Wouldn't something like that be a great crown jewel on the campus of a three time national champion and 7 time women's national champion.

Reaction Score
And, please, please, please, above all else - see to it that UConn actually beats an ACC team. It'll make it so much more credible when folks start slamming the ACC for being a weak conference.

I know people like to blame lawyers for almost everything, but I'm fairly certain I won't have had a lot to do with it if we lose.

Thankfully, I'm not expecting us to lose.

Reaction Score
I know people like to blame lawyers for almost everything, but I'm fairly certain I won't have had a lot to do with it if we lose.

Thankfully, I'm not expecting us to lose.

Come on Biz. You know the Randy Playbook - run right, run left, run up the middle. Stay conservative on defense (standard 4-3), avoid blitzing whenever possible, bend don't break defense (well except for giving up the big play in key situations). Quite the contrary, a fan with your 241 observational acumen will have the Huskies inside of Randy's head (execution) and most certainly can be "the difference maker" lololol Enjoy the trip and the game.

Reaction Score
A larger (than the Rent) on campus stadium (the campus will be buzzing)..

By the way -- I'm not sure how much their campus will be buzzing, because if you go online you will see that even tons of good seats remain unsold for the game.

Reaction Score
I really wish I was going, but I was unable to get out of working at the other job. Like mentioned above hope every0ne has fun, is safe and is loud!

Reaction Score
By the way -- I'm not sure how much their campus will be buzzing, because if you go online you will see that even tons of good seats remain unsold for the game.

Good thing they didn't move it to an off-campus, professional football team, stadium in a large metropolitian area. Baltimore? Washington? Imagine the exposure (not to mention buzz) that UConn could have gotten there as opposed to Bryd Stadium.

Reaction Score

Byrd I believe holds 54K. They're projecting somewhere in the high 30's for attendance. 15 to 20K seats will be empty tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Good thing they didn't move it to an off-campus, professional football team, stadium in a large metropolitian area. Baltimore? Washington? Imagine the exposure (not to mention buzz) that UConn could have gotten there as opposed to Bryd Stadium.

They could've played at FedEx Field (or whatever it's called now) and maybe even painted "UCONN" in one end zone. But I doubt MD would do something as silly as that.

Reaction Score
Byrd I believe holds 54K. They're projecting somewhere in the high 30's for attendance. 15 to 20K seats will be empty tomorrow.

Huh? Makes you wonder why two years ago Maryland didn't go after a head coach who would have made the Terps an exciting team that would have created a stir. Instead they went conservative - very conservative. Hmmm. Just saying.

Reaction Score
I really wish I was going, but I was unable to get out of working at the other job. Like mentioned above hope every0ne has fun, is safe and is loud!

I know how you feel. I've been looking forward to this game for almost two years, unfortunately we had my daughter exactly 3 years ago, so my hands are tied.

Reaction Score
I know how you feel. I've been looking forward to this game for almost two years, unfortunately we had my daughter exactly 3 years ago, so my hands are tied.

What, she wouldn't want to celebrate her birthday at the Air and Space Museum, or National Zoo?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I disagree, BTW. UConn's campus now is >>>>>> College Park.

10 years ago? Maybe a wash.

Reaction Score
Maryland's mall is really nice, longest in the country. The campus is decent from what I remember, my brother went to school there. Byrd really wasn't anything special when I was last there, decent stadium. Comcast is nice, but also not the best, a little too professional and corporate from what I remember. I'd take Gampel any day. The surrounding area is really not that good, Prince George's County a few years back was the highest crime county in the country, don't know if it still is.

Reaction Score
Springsteen tonight at Nats Park, UConn football tomorrow. All I need is a win and it will be a perfect weekend

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If anyone sees a penguin in a UConn shirt, my buddies are treating me right for my bachelor party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom