To quote Yogi Berra | The Boneyard

To quote Yogi Berra

Reaction Score
Reviewing all the gloom and doom about Geno, et al, I'm reminded of a Yogi comment, when invited to dinner at some NY restaurant.

He declined, saying: "No, that place is too crowded. Nobody goes there anymore."

Yup, nobody goes there anymore. And Geno can't win games anymore.

Yup, I'm warped, but somehow those two things correlate in my rusty old mind.

Reaction Score
Yogi Berra: "It's not over, until it's over."
I'm hoping its not Geoffrey Chaucer's poem, Troilus and Criseyde: “But at the laste, as every thing hath ende, She took hir leve, and nedes wolde wende.” or "All good things must come to an end."

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Supposedly from Yogi: when you come to a fork in the road....take it!

Might the team consider themselves at a 'fork in the road' and decide to take the one that leads to a bright future....starting tomorrow against UCLA?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
My favorite Yogi quote applies to The Boneyard and this team: "You can observe a lot just by watching". Also "We made too many wrong mistakes".

Reaction Score
Why does it feel like everyone has forgotten that Paige will return, as will Azzi Fudd, Nika Muhl, and Aubrey Griffin...this might not be a Championship year, but it will still be a good one.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
“If people don’t want to come out to the ball park, nobody’s gonna stop ’em.” – Yogi Berra

“I wish I had an answer to that because I’m tired of answering that question.” – Yogi Berra

“You have to give 100 percent in the first half of the game. If that isn’t enough, in the second half, you have to give what’s left.” ― Yogi Berra

AND my all time favorite: “I never said most of the things I said. Then again, I might have said ’em, but you never know.” – Yogi Berra

Reaction Score
One of my favorites, Dale Berra while trying to break into the majors was asked if he was like his father. Dale responded, "No our similarities are different".

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
"Be sure you go to all your friends' funerals. If you don't, they won't come to yours."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom