To every season ticket holder | The Boneyard

To every season ticket holder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you are staying home tomorrow, I am disappointed.

TomorrOw there are kids playing their last game of football ever in East Hartford. Ever.

These are kids, young men, that dedicated a significant portion of their last 4/5 years to a game that they play for YOUR enjoyment. They worked hard. They played hard. They had to endure coaching changes. They lived thru adversity. For you.

The record sucks this year. It sucked the last few years. Suck it up. Be what you want them to be and what they are. Incredible young men. Young men that fight, young men that persevere, young men that want to make the university and all that came before them proud.

One game. One day. Are you ready to hold yourself to the same standard they have?

Be there before kickoff. Yell loud. be proud of the kids. They deserve it.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'll be there. I'll have quite a few extra tickets but I will be there.

Reaction Score

TomorrOw there are kids playing their last game of football ever in East Hartford. Ever.

These are kids, young men, that dedicated a significant portion of their last 4/5 years to a game that they play for YOUR enjoyment. They worked hard. They played hard. They had to endure coaching changes. They lived thru adversity. For you.

The record sucks this year. It sucked the last few years. Suck it up. Be what you want them to be and what they are. Incredible young men. Young men that fight, young men that persevere, young men that want to make the university and all that came before them proud.

One game. One day. Are you ready to hold yourself to the same standard they have?

Thank you for posting this. There has been so much negativity this season it aggravates me and I can't be nice to people. Thank you for putting this nicely. Very well said.

Reaction Score
While I agree with the sentiment, I am not prepared to make the 2.5 hour trek each way on my own to hook up with the few buds in the state who are going. Not a soul I contacted would even consider making the trip. They all thought I was crazy for thinking about it.
I am sure there are others like myself who will have to call it a season and root for the Huskies on the tube.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This game also marks a final send off for my brother as well (moving in the spring), so we'll be there. Actually will have 4 of 6 tickets in use for the first time since the BYU game!

Reaction Score
Best chance for a win in a while. (I am expecting idiots to starting posting why they don't have a good chance).

Reaction Score
I won't be there and frankly can't give two shts less about your judgement of me. I did give the tix to someone who can put them use though.

Other than that, I agree.
I can live with that. I just think we need to remember that the kids did not sign up for this. they believed they were coming to win championships. I think we all forget what they sacrifice for our entertainment.

Reaction Score

I like the sentiment. My opinion is that if people have paid full-boat season ticket money to Uconn's coffers, than they can take a pass on this finale for a shytshow of a season and still be SuperFans.

Reaction Score
I will not attend as well. Just waiting for a new season and fresh start. I almost decided against buying season tickets because secondary prices are cheaper, however, I bought them to support the program. With decent weather I would be there but I see no point in attending tomorrow. I know it sounds bad, but at least I bought tickets..

Reaction Score

Unfortunately the work chart of the New York City Fire Deot has me in the firehouse...but my wife will be the trooper for tomorrow.

Reaction Score

Love your post, bro. Really love it. Right sentiment. But, there is a but, and it's this: If the only people motivated to show up have to show up out of duty and loyalty, but not passion, then we have a real problem that's not going to be solved on the Boneyard. If people do not show up out of passion for the team, the state or the school, then the program is dead.

So, pleas like this, although I love them and respect them, are just a little scary.

Reaction Score

Those kids got a free education on me for paying taxes. The extra money I spent on season tickets allowed them to have fun and live out a dream while they received a free education. What adversity did they go through? Playing a game on a crappy team is adversity when you receive 30 grand a year? No matter how the team was they still got paid. Did I? No, I still gave up money for a product. I paid those taxes for them to get education. How many people out there were part of a team that created a piece of crap product, got paid for it, and then got praised for it at the end? I sure as hell haven't been part of a "team" that has done that. At some point we have to hold not only the coaches accountable, but the players who get paid to go to school.

Reaction Score
Those kids got a free education on me for paying taxes. The extra money I spent on season tickets allowed them to have fun and live out a dream while they received a free education. What adversity did they go through? Playing a game on a crappy team is adversity when you receive 30 grand a year? No matter how ty the team was they still got paid. Did I? No, I still gave up money for a ty product. I paid those taxes for them to get education. How many people out there were part of a team that created a piece of crap product, got paid for it, and then got praised for it at the end? I sure as hell haven't been part of a "team" that has done that. At some point we have to hold not only the coaches accountable, but the players who get paid to go to school.

AMEN.

Reaction Score
To every season ticket holder, I say thank you. If you want to sit this one out, you've earned that right to do so without being judged.

Some people really gotta get off their high horse. I see the golf boy from FL still chiming in on this as well. That's precious.

Reaction Score
I have a conflict. I'm irritated because I would rather be there. But after Lambeau last weekend and Buffalo next weekend I need to pick my battles. This isn't one I want to fight for.

Reaction Score
as much as I hate to say this HS football playoffs trump UConn today. Much better entertainment value. This will be UConn's third depressing home finale under Warde. Hathaway was horrendous, Warde is an upgrade, but at some point Warde has to stop getting a pass because previous administration's sins.

Warde needs to tell Diaco three things Sunday: get a new OC, start speaking plainly and clearly without all the new age mumbo jumbo -- go over the media's heads and talk to the fans --,and for god sakes do not ever, ever again imply that nonconference games are 'exhibitions'. Next year's Missouri game is almost more important than a conference game.

Reaction Score
I have a conflict. I'm irritated because I would rather be there. But after Lambeau last weekend and Buffalo next weekend I need to pick my battles. This isn't one I want to fight for.

You've been a good soldier. Definitely a behind the red line kind of day.

Reaction Score
Family comes first today, and family will not be at the game. I wish the seniors the best, congrats for making it through and make sure they finish their degrees if they haven't yet.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm going. Good lord the weather is as bleak as the season has been. It's like we haven't seen the sun around here in a month.

I didn't even bother to try and recruit anyone else to go - they probably would have suggested an intervention.

I disagree with the notion that anyone plays for our entertainment. They play for themselves. Which is what they should do.

I don't have any issue with people who don't go today. If I had to invest more than 10 minutes in the drive or had to bring kids I probably wouldn't go either.

Reaction Score

I'm not going. Third missed home game since the Rent opened and second in a row for me. Not sure this post should have been directed to the season ticket holders as we have been the most loyal during this mess.

Reaction Score
I'm not going. Third missed home game since the Rent opened and second in a row for me. Not sure this post should have been directed to the season ticket holders as we have been the most loyal during this mess.

I have no doubt that this will be the lowest attended game in the history of Rentschler field, and the potential is there that it will be less than some of the Memorial STadium games going even further.

The players? They play for each other and themselves. THe crowd? Coaches and administration better pay attention. You coach the game to win - always.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm a member of the never missed a game in The Rent club and I'm going. But I say thumbs down to the OP. Making something an obligation takes all the fun out of it. This isn't a charity.

Reaction Score
We are going to wish the seniors good luck and God bless, otherwise I would stay home. It is not an obligation it's how I feel bout the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom