TJ Weist | The Boneyard

TJ Weist

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
So glad that Jacobs wrote this. I have incredible sympathy for anyone who has a family member with Alzheimer's - you would never wish that on anyone.

And he's right about the USF game - so many things could have gone differently in that game including a few dropped passes I specifically remember. As for running more against Michigan when we were up 21-7? Not sure it would have worked given there was so much time left in the game at that point.

Reaction Score
Hell of a guy....I wish the best for him and his family.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hope he gets another HC gig. The guy can coach,

Reaction Score
Great guy. I had the opportunity to meet him him and his family after he took over for P and he couldn't be nice or more generous. He has a beautiful family and I wish nothing but the best for them.

Reaction Score
TJ wanted to be head coach here but after reading the last paragraph him being able to have a year away from football and stay close to family is a blessing. Definitely one of the good one's.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I think it was the signing day event at Rentschler a year and a half ago when he was introduced. He exuded intelligence, preparation, and confidence. He had "it" that you look for in a coach. The football coach career arc is a risky one - he took a gamble on coming here and got burned. Undeservedly. I wish him nothing but the best.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I thought he did the best with what foundations were laid, and handled the adversity well. I will always appreciate him for last season. I am a huge fan of his and hope he lands well.

Reaction Score
I love TJ and hope he gets a good job in the MAC and is very successful. I'd love to see him back someday. I think Diaco coming in was the right move for now though. He has completely raised the bar and I'm not sure TJ could have done that. When you hear about the mess in the football facility, bad nutrition etc., you realize that a guy already at UConn may not have been willing to say what needed to be said. You have to admire that Diaco came in on day 1 and basically told everyone, Warde and Herbst included, "clean your room, go to the store and buy some healthy food, paint the house, take out the trash and get some exercise, you've been living like pigs." It takes balls and it would have been tough for TJ to say that already having relationships with the admins and players.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I wish TJ the best and hope to see him on the sidelines next year. He is pure class

Reaction Score
I didn't think TJ should have gotten the job, but he will forever be one of my favorite coaches for the way he handled a catastrophic season. Just a good dude.

Reaction Score
I think he is a great guy. My sense was that he was over his head as offensive coordinator in the beginning and it showed, but he learned as the season went on which is what you hope for. He did a good job as the head coach of holding things together and even turning things around a bit. My sense, though he didn't say it outright is that he didn't want to undermine Pasqualoni even when P had left the building, and I respect him for that, too.

Reaction Score
I didn't think TJ should have gotten the job, but he will forever be one of my favorite coaches for the way he handled a catastrophic season. Just a good dude.
Awesome guy who knew what needed to be done under very trying circumstances. Without TJ, no 3 game win streak...also Casey and Geremy set school records in passing and receiving, Max scores 5 tds, and OL gets out from under ....
Now...get a job so you can buy a god damn winter jacket!!!!

C

Chief00

Good guy, decent column. However, a day before the BYU game the media focus should be on this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom