TJ should be WR coach next year | The Boneyard

TJ should be WR coach next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
and maybe OC if narduzzi is the coach. Too bad gdl and pp held him back in September

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He will not be UConn's WR coach next year. He's demonstrated the ability to unf-ck a morbid offense in less than two months. If UConn beats Memphis he will get a long look as head coach here or elsewhere. Worst case scenario for him is as an OC at a BCS school.

Reaction Score
He will not be UConn's WR coach next year. He's demonstrated the ability to unf-ck a morbid offense in less than two months. If UConn beats Memphis he will get a long look as head coach here or elsewhere. Worst case scenario for him is as an OC at a BCS school.

I agree. The team responded positively to Weist. They have formed a bond based on trust and respect. I believe that Ward Manuel sees that along with the energy. The Offensive line has made a 360 degree turnaround. The rushing and pass protection looks like a different team. If we beat Memphis and there is a strong crowd, it will be difficult not to give TJ a contract. This will be similar to what happened with Kevin Ollie.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I agree. The team responded to Weist. They have formed a bond based on trust and respect. I believe that Ward Manuel sees that along with the energy. The Offensive line has made a 360 degree turnaround. The rushing and pass protection looks like a different team. If we beat Memphis and there is a strong crowd, it will be difficult not to give TJ a contract. This will be similar to what happened with Kevin Ollie.

OLine has made a 180 degree turnaround. Otherwise you're spot on. Not saying TJ gets hired but a three game win streak with an offense that can move and score is a good start.

Reaction Score

He was left in a bad position. I know this...we were 0 &9 down by 21 on the road at the half against Temple and TJ kept the team together to come from behind. You just beat your "rival" going to the B1G ...a great statement to make for inclusion in B1G talks. He has turned around an absolute mess...if they croak Memphis...he deserves consideration.....

Reaction Score
Chin Diesel said:
OLine has made a 180 degree turnaround. Otherwise you're spot on. Not saying TJ gets hired but a three game win streak with an offense that can move and score is a good start.

TJ has earned a lot of respect. Problem is, can he recruit? You have to think he has potential, hell of a guy.

Reaction Score
TJ has earned a lot of respect. Problem is, can he recruit? You have to think he has potential, hell of a guy.
Lemelle is here because of Weist who recruited him while at Cincy. By the way, Temple just blew away Memphis at Memhis 41-21.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't think the OP meant to insult TJ, but TJ deserves better than WR coach (he deserves consideration for the HC job). At the very least I think TJ will garner interest from FCS schools who have HC openings, and IF we go with another head coach I hope he considers TJ for offensive coordinator.

Very Happy for TJ, he's done a good job and his personality makes him easy to like. Best of all he found us a QB!

This does not need to be a long rebuilding job, there is talent on this team.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I will say that for the first time in awhile, I feel pretty good about the receivers on the team. Foxx had some shaky games, but now he looks great. They may be the strongest unit on the team going into next year...especially if Davis comes back.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
TJ should definitely get consideration as the HC. He inherited a team that had not been coached well for over two years. The deck was stacked against him. He had to evaluate the players as the season progressed. Tough job for any coach regardless of the reputation.

You are seeing an offense that can move the ball and the beginnings of a power running game. The Oline has done a complete turn around. The defense is improving. It bent today but it did not break. Good coaching and teaching is starting to show. Young players are beginning to produce positive results.

There is talent on this team and if utilized properly, they can put points on the board and win.

If TJ is not the head coach, I hope he gets serious consideration as the OC here.

Reaction Score
one thing holding TJ back as head coach is time out issue at end of South Florida. Team is playing better. He deserves a role next year. again BTT to push McCombs thread off 1st page

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
It's hard not to like the guy between the commentary he makes before and after games, the way he motivates, takes on blame when he does something wrong and his primary unit (WR) is probably our strongest area on the team.

That being said, I still don't think he has a realistic shot to be our HC next year and doubt he would stay to be just a position coach. New HC next year would likely want to bring in his own guys so TJ is in a bit of a no-win scenario.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't do cartwheels if he got the HC job, but wouldn't be all that upset. I think we could do better and we have proven we could do worse (not Warde's fault). I think he would have to be allowed to bring in his own staff, whether he kept some of this staff or not.

Reaction Score
TJ has improved the team week over week. It puts to rest the idea the team has no talent. OLine pass protection is vastly proved. Rum block has improved. Pass game is improved immensely with receivers catching the ball and making plays. Finally, he has managed to pull the psyche of the team out of the gutter.
If production continues upward next week and we get a W, I think we keep h for a year see what he puts together. He has under taken a hurculean and is proving is mettle . There can be no question coaching matters and PGDl were trainwrecks .

Thanks TJ for taking on the impossible and making it possible.

Reaction Score
If the new HC keeps anyone on this staff I can see TJ being the guy. He has VASTLY improved the wr play, and has a history of being a VERY good recruiter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom