TJ is right, this game is about weapons. | The Boneyard

TJ is right, this game is about weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Guys who can score from anywhere on the field.

Neither Edsall or P. valued weapons enough in my book. They left weapons like Nick Williams and Marcus Easily on the bench for the majority of their careers.

Joe Williams had the look and speed of a weapon. Never left the bench. P. never took out LM. BTW, Lyle is not a weapon, nice kid, has done everything asked of him, not a weapon.

I think Phillips is a weapon but he isn't healthy. I thought Foxx was until he got caught from behind at Buffalo.

I know there are problems everywhere and especially on the lines, but TJ has zeroed in on something very important if were are to take the next step or the one after that. Without explosion, you are a dud.

Reaction Score
In 2007 when we go killed by West Virginia 21-66 Edsall realized we could not compete without speed. I think he did a better job of getting guys with speed, but unfortunately we were not able to get guys with both size and speed. PP on the other hand went out and got guys with size (prototypical),however, they have no speed. West Virginia showed us speed kills, I think we need to get back to that. Imho

Reaction Score
In 2007 when we go killed by West Virginia 21-66 Edsall realized we could not compete without speed. I think he did a better job of getting guys with speed, but unfortunately we were not able to get guys with both size and speed. PP on the other hand went out and got guys with size (prototypical),however, they have no speed. West Virginia showed us speed kills, I think we need to get back to that. Imho

Agree. Edsall recruited speed, but he had to take undersized recruits and develop them at UCONN. This is especially true at DE and LB and even DT. It seems PP focused on size.

In college, you can have 230 lb DEs with speed. You can have the fast smaller backs and slot players like Larry Taylor, Nick Williams, Jordan Todman,...

As for Weist's comments about explosive players, I think they are crap. Yes, it would be nice to have more explosive players, but UCONN has never had more explosive players than the top teams they played, yet somehow, UCONN found ways to win. How? Strong OLine play. Strong running game. Solid defense. Decent special teams. Good coaching. All have been lacking this year.

One last point on PP's recruiting. In college football, Freshmen, RS Freshmen, and Sophomores play and in many instances start. Where are all the young impact players from PP's recruiting classes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate
Top Bottom