Tips for Game Saturday | The Boneyard

Tips for Game Saturday

Reaction Score
Hey everybody Pc fan here with just a few questions about the game Saturday. It's my first time going to the XL center and I'm sure it going to be a great crowd. Two quick questions, first how is the parking around the XL center? Second what are the COVID protocols? Appreciate any tips and help you guys can give thanks.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hey everybody Pc fan here with just a few questions about the game Saturday. It's my first time going to the XL center and I'm sure it going to be a great crowd. Two quick questions, first how is the parking around the XL center? Second what are the COVID protocols? Appreciate any tips and help you guys can give thanks.
Park in the lot across Main Street from Dunkin Stadium. Need to mask up while in the arena.

Reaction Score
COVID Protocols - you are "required" to wear a mask at all times except for eating and drinking regardless of vaccination status. I see plenty of people take them off at thier seats though.

Can't help on the parking front - I usually just find street parking several blocks away from XL and walk over.

Reaction Score
As far as protocols, you're supposed to wear a mask when not eating/drinking. But I would say about 50% actually follow those guidelines. There are plenty of parking options around the arena including a garage that is actually connected to it. I think there is further info on the XL center website.

Reaction Score
No. The only covid-related change at the gate is that ticketholders need to be wearing a mask when they enter.
It’s pretty loose once you’re in. No workers will ask to put your mask up or on, at least that I’ve witnessed.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If you’re around before/after tip:

Vaughn’s Public House
Tavern Downtown
Rocking Horse Saloon
Black Eyed Sally’s
Pigs Eye Pub

Don’t wander past the highway and don’t make gang signs.

Reaction Score
Must wear a mask unless eating or drinking. Best parking is a large lot across from Dunkin Donuts baseball stadium. Cost $10. But is easy in and out.

Reaction Score
If you’re around before/after tip:

Vaughn’s Public House
Tavern Downtown
Rocking Horse Saloon
Black Eyed Sally’s
Pigs Eye Pub

Don’t wander past the highway and don’t make gang signs.

Take a walk up main St and Albany Avenue to enjoy what the beautiful city of Hartford offers.

I unknowingly took that walk once from Downtown to UHartford. Just a NYC boy thinking you can/should walk everywhere

Reaction Score
Take a walk up main St and Albany Avenue to enjoy what the beautiful city of Hartford offers.

I unknowingly took that walk once from Downtown to UHartford. Just a NYC boy thinking you can/should walk everywhere
My last address in CT was in West Hartford (pushing 20 years ago). That seems like a long walk. Kinda up hill as well?

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
As far as protocols, you're supposed to wear a mask when not eating/drinking. But I would say about 50% actually follow those guidelines. There are plenty of parking options around the arena including a garage that is actually connected to it. I think there is further info on the XL center website.
From 3 games at Gampel 50 percent seems pretty high.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
From 3 games at Gampel 50 percent seems pretty high.
It won't seem that high at the XL. But the guidelines will be followed to the letter since most will be "actively drinking".

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It won't seem that high at the XL. But the guidelines will be followed to the letter since most will be "actively drinking".

Was there for BC hockey and I think most followed my personal rule. "Actively drinking" means you have a drink in your possession. I did see almost everyone wearing masks in the concourse.

Reaction Score
Was there for BC hockey and I think most followed my personal rule. "Actively drinking" means you have a drink in your possession. I did see almost everyone wearing masks in the concourse.
Of course they were.

1639431822842.jpeg

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Same true at Gampel. I meant when at seats. In concourses almost everyone wearing them. I’m no better than most.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
My faith in the BY shot up immensely after reading this thread. It seems like we are nicer to a PC fan than we are to each other!

I'm willing to bet the crowd on Saturday will heckle you a bit. It's going to be the rowdiest crowd in Hartford since I don't know when. We will introduce you to Big Red.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom