Tina’s back | The Boneyard

Tina’s back

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Are we sure those are new photos, not from a few weeks ago?

Ok, I see in the other thread that Tina was there today! Yay!

Reaction Score
So glad that the Bigs have Tina at Storrs. No better person from whom to get advice about how
to neutralize AB. Hope the Husky's absorb her lessons. No better teacher for Yanna, Amari and Jana.
Aaliyah can pick up some good strategy also. Go Huskies

Reaction Score
I've been wondering about these positions and Tina being around..... I think they should totally use those 2 positions on active or recently retired wnba players to give the players that guidance on preparing for the next level.... Bridge the generation gap... Tina would be great for front court.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Teaching Aaliyah a few things

Two questions here...........
1. May I assume the coaches have no problem with Tina working with the players?
2. Am I the only one wondering why Tina is not working with Amari? Perhaps she is working with Aaliyah, Amari and Ayanna, but it's not being reported. :eek: No doubt Amari would benefit from anything Tina could show her.

Reaction Score
Some kind of position with the team in the future might be possible, but it will also be interesting to see where Tina winds up this WNBA season. Last year she appeared to be ring chasing, first with Phoenix and then after their injuries to Seattle.

This year her options for that strategy have pretty much dried up, unless she was willing to take a minimum contract. Las Vegas and New York are looking like two super teams, with nobody else having much of a chance unless injuries play a big role.

Both of those teams, like most strategic contenders have figured out how to spend most of their cap space on their top 8 players, and probably have to complete the last 3 spots with minimum contracts. A player who is probably in the twilight of her career like Tina may be left with a decision to accept a minimal role and contract with a super team,,or get closer to market value from a team with cap space but no realistic chance for a championship.

Regardless it is nice to see her coming back to spend time with the program.

Reaction Score
Two questions here...........
1. May I assume the coaches have no problem with Tina working with the players?
2. Am I the only one wondering why Tina is not working with Amari? Perhaps she is working with Aaliyah, Amari and Ayanna, but it's not being reported. :eek: No doubt Amari would benefit from anything Tina could show her.
At this point of the season I would doubt that Charles is working extensively with any one individual. Not enough time. More than likely she's just helping with pre-game prep and positioning by simulating Boston's size and strength in the paint and offering some ways to negate it.

Reaction Score
While I love Geno's support of alums, putting them in coaching positions, if he hires the two new asst. coaches, would suggest he bring in one with a totally different background. New ideas can make a solid foundation even stronger and provide a different viewpoint when self-assessing.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
While I love Geno's support of alums, putting them in coaching positions, if he hires the two new asst. coaches, would suggest he bring in one with a totally different background. New ideas can make a solid foundation even stronger and provide a different viewpoint when self-assessing.
If he has a chance to hire Tina Charles and she is interested in that, he should do it in a New York minute. It would be attractive to recruits, and she has learned enough about frontcourt technique that no one else could match her in that area.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom