Time To Turn Down the Heat on RE and Political Football | The Boneyard

Time To Turn Down the Heat on RE and Political Football

Reaction Score
good article. it's completely lost on so many people because they're so detached from college athletics. the two of them are truly a bargain and it looks like corey has carried his weight and then some on the recruiting trail. Randy doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would hire his kid just because it's his kid.

Reaction Score
Key point from the article:

"On Dec. 23, 2016, UConn sought a non-binding opinion from the ethics board. It was presented as a hypothetical, a coy move by UConn, but not a unique practice and Bob Diaco hadn’t been fired yet. UConn got the tentative go-ahead. When the ethics board realized it was about Edsall, the angry brakes hit. Big name. Big morality."

UConn got an approval from the ethics board. Corey quit his job, moved to Connecticut. Then the ethics board changed their mind. Ridiculous and unfair.

Reaction Score
Key point from the article:

"On Dec. 23, 2016, UConn sought a non-binding opinion from the ethics board. It was presented as a hypothetical, a coy move by UConn, but not a unique practice and Bob Diaco hadn’t been fired yet. UConn got the tentative go-ahead. When the ethics board realized it was about Edsall, the angry brakes hit. Big name. Big morality."

UConn got an approval from the ethics board. Corey quit his job, moved to Connecticut. Then the ethics board changed their mind. Ridiculous and unfair.
Agree. The solution using the “rat” was messy, but its not like that hasn’t been standard legislative practice for a long time. One can argue it shouldn’t be standard legislative practice, but that is another argument. I’m not necesaarily an end justifies the means guy, but in this case, that is where I fall.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Union Joe to the rescue.
Benefits us, whether it’s right or not? Open to opinion

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
We are not allowed to talk politics here, so I'm trying to hold back. I'll just say I hate government bureaucracies. We need less government, not more.

God bless you, keep preaching the good word brother.

Reaction Score
Court Hearing On UConn's Attempt to Allow Corey Edsall to Keep Coaching is Postponed

A court hearing scheduled for Wednesday on UConn's fight to overturn a state ethics board ruling barring football coach Randy Edsall's son from coaching on his staff has been postponed until September.

The hearing was scheduled for Wednesday in New BritainSuperior Court but Judge Joseph Shortall issued an order postponing it until September 5 to allow both sides to submit new legal briefs.

Court Hearing On UConn's Attempt to Allow Corey Edsall to Keep Coaching is Postponed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom