Time to take over NYC! | The Boneyard

Time to take over NYC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
UConn BB has ruled NYC for a while now - lets get NYC buzzing about UConn FB!

6 of us will be respresnting at the 9/11 Memorial earlier Saturday am - off to the game - and then show off the UConn colors in Times Square afterwards.

Lets make sure that U-C-O-N-N is strong!!

Reaction Score
I wish I was going to the game. But I think UConn fans will show up strong after the last two weeks. Especially with easy access with the train/subway.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I will give $100 to the guy or gal who hangs a UCONN banner over the "Syracuse" on that ridiculous "New York's College Team" ad they have out there in left field. I'd like it to read "{UCONN logo} New York's College Team".

Thank you.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I will give $100 to the guy or gal who hangs a UCONN banner over the "Syracuse" on that ridiculous "New York's College Team" ad they have out there in left field. I'd like it to read "{UCONN logo} New York's College Team".

Thank you.

You got my attention - do you know the policy on signs at Yankee Stadium??

Reaction Score
Army_Football 2:54pm via TweetDeck
Less than 24 hours left to bid on our Yankee Stadium experience auctions for Saturday's game against UConn. Bid Now! Post original url/18kJHTn

Couple of neat packages... not sure how well a UConn Fan would be received on the Army Football Tailgate radio show :p

Army vs. Connecticut Yankee Stadium Press Box Experience (Listing # ARMY-102814-92591)

Description:
The winning bid on this package will have the opportunity to watch the Army football team take on Connecticut from inside the press box at Yankee Stadium on Saturday, Nov. 8. Included in this package are two complete press packets, two credentials, one parking pass, an appearance on the Army Football Tailgate Show (radio), two seats in the press box, where a light dinner is included. As per press box etiquette and guidelines, cheering is not allowed and the winning bidder must be accompanied by someone at least 16 years of age.

Reaction Score
Dooley said:

Thank you.

I specifically requested seats over the banner. I did not get them.

Reaction Score

While we're on the Yankee Stadium Policy, are we going to be allowed to bring food in like they allow for Yankee baseball games?

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I do not know. I should also say that I do not want or condone anyone getting themselves arrested.
But the hundo is still out there???!!!

Reaction Score
There is still room in Ryan's tailgate if anyone is interested. Good sounding food, not just burgers and dogs.

Dooley

Reaction Score
But the hundo is still out there???!!!

Yes sir. If this is developing into a contest, here are my rules:

1. UCONN logo must fully cover anything "Syracuse"
2. Must be hung or remain hanging during the game so that we can all see it (and enjoy it)
3. A picture of it must be taken to document this (would love to have it posted here)
4. First sign that meets these above requirements gets paid
Disclaimer: Do not get yourself arrested. If security tells you "no", then no means no. I'm not bailing anyone out of jail. I'm paying for a UCONN sign to be hung over "Syracuse" of the left field banner ad inside the stadium. No property destruction or any other criminal activity.

Bonehead

Reaction Score

2. Must be hung or remain hanging during the game so that we can all see it (and enjoy it)
3. A picture of it must be taken to document this (would love to have it posted here)
Disclaimer: Do not get yourself arrested. If security tells you "no", then no means no. I'm not bailing anyone out of jail. I'm paying for a UCONN sign to be hung over "Syracuse" of the left field banner ad inside the stadium. No property destruction or any other criminal activity.
Hanging for the whole game!?!? I would need to guard it like HM1!!
I am trying to find a picture of existing signage to obtain dimensions. Not easy.
I am thinking that Yankee personnel will remove once hung.
Looking for insight to represent...

This is a great idea FYI!!!

My wife is TOTALLY against it - makes me want to do it even more!!

:)

Dooley

Reaction Score
Hanging for the whole game!?!? I would need to guard it like HM1!!
I am trying to find a picture of existing signage to obtain dimensions. Not easy.
I am thinking that Yankee personnel will remove once hung.
Looking for insight to represent...

This is a great idea FYI!!!

My wife is TOTALLY against it - makes me want to do it even more!!

:)

Not the whole game, just part of it. But during the game. That way more than the 100 or so people inside the stadium during pre-game warmups will see it, learn it, live it, love it.

FillTheRent

College football lives in Connecticut
Reaction Score
Army_Football 2:54pm via TweetDeck
Less than 24 hours left to bid on our Yankee Stadium experience auctions for Saturday's game against UConn. Bid Now! Post original url/18kJHTn

Couple of neat packages... not sure how well a UConn Fan would be received on the Army Football Tailgate radio show :p

Army vs. Connecticut Yankee Stadium Press Box Experience (Listing # ARMY-102814-92591)

Description:
The winning bid on this package will have the opportunity to watch the Army football team take on Connecticut from inside the press box at Yankee Stadium on Saturday, Nov. 8. Included in this package are two complete press packets, two credentials, one parking pass, an appearance on the Army Football Tailgate Show (radio), two seats in the press box, where a light dinner is included. As per press box etiquette and guidelines, cheering is not allowed and the winning bidder must be accompanied by someone at least 16 years of age.
I'll be at the Army Association of Graduates Tailgate (wife is an '03 West Point grad) and I'll be sporting all of my UCONN gear. Then I'm sitting in the heart of the Army section with all of her West Point friends. I really, REALLY, hope UCONN wins this game. I don't want to think of the misery, despair, and ridicule I will have to endure for years to come if UCONN loses this game.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

I'll match the $100 for the winner of Dooley's choosing.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Not trying to dissuade you Bonehead - but if any of our student Yarders are eyeing this thread, $200 goes a long way in beer... Just sayin!! #HuskyUp

I hear ya CTMike -

We need a picture of the existing signage to try to come up with dimensions? I couldnt find one -

I would rather a student step up to the plate on this however if I need to do and can pull it off I will! It is needed for UConn and Im sure it will end up having some legs - great idea Dooley!

Where is HFD when needed - TCF??

Reaction Score

Banners and Signs
Banners and signs are permitted provided they are baseball-related, in good taste, not of a commercial nature and not supported by wood, metal or other materials that could be injurious in a crowded public setting. Banners and signs may not obstruct the view of other Guests or Yankee Stadium advertising signage or be affixed to the Stadium in any manner. Banners and signs may be carried through the stands between innings only. Banners and signs may not be displayed in fair territory. Any banner or sign may be removed, at any time, at the sole and absolute discretion of the Yankees.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/ballpark/information/index.jsp?content=policies

Good to go except they will remove it once noticed since it obstructs advertising.

I'm bringing a flag and some string to drape over if I get the chance anyway.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Banners and Signs
Banners and signs are permitted provided they are baseball-related, in good taste, not of a commercial nature and not supported by wood, metal or other materials that could be injurious in a crowded public setting. Banners and signs may not obstruct the view of other Guests or Yankee Stadium advertising signage or be affixed to the Stadium in any manner. Banners and signs may be carried through the stands between innings only. Banners and signs may not be displayed in fair territory. Any banner or sign may be removed, at any time, at the sole and absolute discretion of the Yankees.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/ballpark/information/index.jsp?content=policies

Good to go except they will remove it once noticed since it obstructs advertising.

I'm bringing a flag and some string to drape over if I get the chance anyway.

The above BOLDED is the issue...
:-0

I leave it to you my friend to do the 'adjustement' - its worth 2 Bills - Dooley and CTMike have stepped up!
Make sure your BY name is somewhere on there to get credit!!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
This is the scourge that needs eradicating...

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate