Time to start over... | The Boneyard

Time to start over...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
hire Aresco for the soon to be formed Best of the Rest Conference.
He may be looking for a job.

Get the best 16 teams for all sports:

East:
Uconn, Temple, Memphis, Cincy, USF, UCF, ECU, Navy
West:
Boise, SDSU, Fresno, SMU, Houston, Nevada, Tulsa, UNLV

Throw out invites to:
Gonzaga, St. Mary's, G'town, Marquette and Villanova.

You've just taken the best of whatever was in the NBE, dropped the dead-weights, and potentially kept the BB as stong as it was. Sure Boise and ECU are BB lightweights now, but ECU is in Carolina and Boise is coming on. They are also the two strongest FB programs.

This is still a legit 7-8 bid league. In a couple good years, 9 and maybe ten.

Not sure what Aresco was thinking with Tulane, but it must've been forced on him. Maybe someone in NOLA had pictures of him or somehting.

I still think this guy can run a conference. I'd be disappointed, but could live with that while Uconn built it's program and received AAU status over the next 2-3 years.

Reaction Score
I kind of feel bad for Aresco. But he's an industry insider. He had to have had at least some idea that this was a distinct possibility.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I kind of feel bad for Aresco. But he's an industry insider. He had to have had at least some idea that this was a distinct possibility.

Of course. Everyone did. Hell, even I did. I've said from the announcement of the whole Boise, SDSU, Houston and SMU add that the league would never see the light of day. I don't like where that leaves us, and thought we'd be in the ACC, but it should have been obvious that a cross-continental league will never work.

If you really want a new all-sports league, it should look like this: UConn, Cinci, UMass, Temple USF, UCF, Tulsa, SMU, Houston, Memphis. Bigger is not freaking better.

Reaction Score
Of course. Everyone did. Hell, even I did. I've said from the announcement of the whole Boise, SDSU, Houston and SMU add that the league would never see the light of day. I don't like where that leaves us, and thought we'd be in the ACC, but it should have been obvious that a cross-continental league will never work.

If you really want a new all-sports league, it should look like this: UConn, Cinci, UMass, Temple USF, UCF, Tulsa, SMU, Houston, Memphis. Bigger is not freaking better.
Umass adds nothing.
There's a reason Uconn isn't in a big boy league. At this point, it's got to be the biggest, most established programs nationally. Umass isn't on that list.
You have to have Boise and SDSU as well...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Umass adds nothing.
There's a reason Uconn isn't in a big boy league. At this point, it's got to be the biggest, most established programs nationally. Umass isn't on that list.
You have to have Boise and SDSU as well...

Fail. Anything west of Dallas and this doesn't come together. Haven't we learned that lesson by now? Hasn't Delaney beat it into our skulls? The geography of this has to make sense. I added UMass because otherwise UConn is an outlier.

Tulsa would beat the snot out of SDSU anyway, and has a better history. Why they weren't contacted over Tulane (or Memphis) I will never understand.

caw

Reaction Score
Fail. Anything west of Dallas and this doesn't come together. Haven't we learned that lesson by now? Hasn't Delaney beat it into our skulls? The geography of this has to make sense. I added UMass because otherwise UConn is an outlier.

Tulsa would beat the snot out of SDSU anyway, and has a better history. Why they weren't contacted over Tulane (or Memphis) I will never understand.

I disagree for the NBE (or whatever). Geography doesn't matter, survival does. I think having a conference with football only schools makes sense at this point if you want UConn football to succeed. Boise St. and SDSU can find/have found other places for their non-football slate. Travel for football only is fine.

Go grab the schools the NBE was looking at for football and most of the schools that were all in.

Football only:
SDSU
Boise St.
Navy or ECU

All-sports
UConn
Cincy
USF
Temple
Memphis
Tulane
SMU
Houston
UCF

Nice round robin conference for basketball, 16 game schedule. 12 teams for football. Maybe make a provision to play SDSU/Boise State out of conference for two-four all-sports teams a year to increase the rivalry. Sit on that until invited to another conference or until the ACC implodes you add the stragglers.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Whatever gets the best FB schedule is where we should go. BE is dead; time to move on.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
While we're throwing crap against a wall, I still say go to a 20-team superconference with two divisions. For basketball, you can split 'em into North/South, East/West, Catholics/state schools...who gives a duck*? It's not real.

FBS schools:
UConn
UMass
Cincy
Temple
Memphis
ECU
USF
UCF
Houston
SMU

B-ball schools:
Providence
St. John's
Seton Hall
Marquette
DePaul
Georgetown
Villanova
Xavier
Butler
VCU

It's more plausible than the UConn to the B1G scenario. (There's nothing to that, btw. Nothing.)

caw

Reaction Score
While we're throwing crap against a wall, I still say go to a 20-team superconference with two divisions:

FBS schools:
UConn
UMass
Cincy
Temple
Memphis
ECU
USF
UCF
Houston
SMU

B-ball schools:
Providence
St. John's
Seton Hall
Marquette
DePaul
Georgetown
Villanova
Xavier
Butler
VCU

It's more plausible than the UConn to the B1G scenario (there's nothing to that, btw).

While the basketball would be better, the football would suck. Plus this is why the BB only schools are leaving. B1G is more plausible. They still have the issue of what to do if/when UConn/Cincy leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom