TIME TO MAN UP? | The Boneyard

TIME TO MAN UP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Both Stanford and ND physically beat up the Huskies and the officals let them do it. It's only a matter of time before one of the girls is injured. I know it's not the Huskies style but IMO the only way it is going to stop is for Geno to let WBB officals know that if they won't stop it, his girls will.

Is it time for Geno to let the team take the gloves off and go bare knukles with these teams? Is it time for Geno to let the girls MAN UP?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
A punch in the nose gets everyone's attention. Stewart got in a pretty good shot when she hooked Lloyd and threw her to the ground.

Reaction Score
Wait. The problem here is the assumption UCONN doesn't play physical ball. I think we give as good as we get. The problem is that we don't "see" our girls kick butts, much less pull shirts or elbow guts. Our vision is only focused on when a shot to the head is received, not given.

I prefer a less physical game myself. The risk of acl tears and ankle sprains is high enough as it is. No need to add increased concussion and dental damage to the list.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
How about using the phrase, "get tough" instead of "man up"?

Reaction Score
Both Stanford and ND physically beat up the Huskies and the officals let them do it. It's only a matter of time before one of the girls is injured. I know it's not the Huskies style but IMO the only way it is going to stop is for Geno to let WBB officals know that if they won't stop it, his girls will.

Is it time for Geno to let the team take the gloves off and go bare knukles with these teams? Is it time for Geno to let the girls MAN UP?
No, but he should be encouraging SD to take a charge now and then. She's in the wrong place at the back of the press.

Reaction Score
So we should get even by being goons?

Teams like Stanford and Maryland don't score 35 and 48 points respectively against unphysical teams.

How about making plays in the final minutes to win tight close games? I think that will suffice for "manning up". It's all roses when you are up by 20. This team seems to have a problem executing when the game is on the line though. I don't think roughing up players is the solution to the problem.

Reaction Score
So we should get even by being goons?

Teams like Stanford and Maryland don't score 35 and 48 points respectively against unphysical teams.

How about making plays in the final minutes to win tight close games? I think that will suffice for "manning up". It's all roses when you are up by 20. This team seems to have a problem executing when the game is on the line though. I don't think roughing up players is the solution to the problem.

When a goon, as you put it, punches you in the nose, you have 2 choices- walk away or punch him back. If you walk away, it's 100% that at some point you get another punch. If you punch back you may or may not get another punch but the goon will know you can give as good as you get. It makes them think about the sencond punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom