Time to join the Catholics | The Boneyard

Time to join the Catholics

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Two 9 team divisions

Add Butler and VCU to the Catholics.

Football:
UConn'\
Cincy
USF
UCF
Temple
Memphis
Houston
SMU
Tulane

If SMU balks grab ECU, If Tulane balks get Southern Miss. If Houston balks get UTSA.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
The Choir Boys won't have us. Which is fine with me. Leeches.

Reaction Score
the Catholics broke away us cinci and usf...we are not welcome to join them. Why do people keep thinking we can just join them?

RS9999X

Reaction Score
Time to kiss butt and let them know otherwise the BE 9 will skim the top 3 Catholic Schools (Georgetown, St John's and Nova) along with Butler and VCU.

Reaction Score
Time to kiss butt and let them know otherwise the BE 9 will skim the top 3 Catholic Schools (Georgetown, St John's and Nova) along with Butler and VCU.
why because Boise State won't play with us? Oh No. you realize we have 1 year of big east football minus syrapitt and 2 years of big east basketball with the c7 before this shitstorm hits. The B1G or SEC will move by then and realignment will at worst trickle down to UConn if we are not a b1g pick.

RS9999X

Reaction Score
The Sawyer Secretarial School closed in Hartford today. Who will HCPP open against in 2014? Goodwin College?

RS9999X

Reaction Score
Yeah you keep selling that trickle down economics thing to UConn Football. OTOH I feel something warm trickling down my leg :)

Reaction Score
UConn should play the aggressor. Expand the Rent, hire a legit football coach, and force the hand of a major player. The ironic thing is, the conference that signs UConn will cause a huge domino effect and leave either the Big 12 or ACC in full panic mode. Its time to man up, call people's bluff, and proudly claim what we are worth. This nonsense has gone on for too long, time to put an end to it.

Reaction Score
Where is it said the C7 doesn't want us? I think it makes a lot of sense for Connecticut to go with the C7. I believe they objected when the Big East BB conference was being diluted by the likes of Tulane. I think that was the final straw. Connecticut still brings value to the C7 without all these "C-USA" retreads and despite our uncertainty. This would be a good opportunity to bring in Cincy or Xavier, Connecticut, VCU and Butler to form a great new BE. Cincy and Connecticut could keep the option to leave in the future. What would the C7 have to lose by agreeing to this? It would give them more time to grow their conference and perhaps help them early on with their TV negotiations. Just a matter of what to do with our FB program in the meantime.

Reaction Score
Ideal situation IMO is joining the Catholics in MBB, go indy in football and schedule the RUs SUs and BCs of the world

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I get that fans who are MBB fans first are thinking this but overall for athletics and the university this would be a giant step back. Might as well downgrade football and scale back the goals for academics. This was what some of the Rutgers faculty wanted to do a decade ago, the administrators ignored them, took on a big debt (which did look stupid at the time) and now they're in the Big Ten.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I believe that 9999 had a few too many (and unlike HFD, his system is not prepared to handle that much alcohol at one time) and delusions are beginning to set in.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah you keep selling that trickle down economics thing to UConn Football. OTOH I feel something warm trickling down my leg :)
Congratulations! You are qualified to coach Louisville.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think UConn and the state of Connecticut declare themselves secularists and start their own tv network like BYU. The trend in this country is for people to move away from religions.

Reaction Score
Two 9 team divisions

Add Butler and VCU to the Catholics.

Football:
UConn'\
Cincy
USF
UCF
Temple
Memphis
Houston
SMU
Tulane

If SMU balks grab ECU, If Tulane balks get Southern Miss. If Houston balks get UTSA.
They don't want us or anything to do with football.

Reaction Score
This was what some of the Rutgers faculty wanted to do a decade ago, the administrators ignored them, took on a big debt (which did look stupid at the time) and now they're in the Big Ten.

This is so spot on.

Everyone thought they were idiots. now they have an extra 20 mil per year to get everything back, and then some.

They were thinking forward...unlike we have been since Perkins left.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
This is so spot on.

Everyone thought they were idiots. now they have an extra 20 mil per year to get everything back, and then some.

They were thinking forward...unlike we have been since Perkins left.
They had a plan, they were forward looking, but even though it paid off there was no guarantee at the time (there may have been interest expressed by the Big Ten but I really think no guarantees). They are lucky that, say, UNC or UVA weren't more proactive.

Nonetheless - Hathaway.

Reaction Score
One of the MAJOR reasons RU is in the BIG is because it has a total undergraduate enrollment of 31,268.

Unfortunately UConn's is a lot less.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
One of the MAJOR reasons RU is in the BIG is because it has a total undergraduate enrollment of 31,268.

Unfortunately UConn's is a lot less.
Certainly a factor.

List of order why RU went and not UConn.
1)Population NJ greater than CT.
2)Student population larger than UConn.
3)Geographically borders Maryland.
4)A play for NYC and Philadelphia
5)Larger stadium

UConn could have had a 100,000 seat stadium built and it still would have been Rutgers over UConn from how I believe Delaney approaches conference expansion.

Reaction Score
UConn should play the aggressor. Expand the Rent, hire a legit football coach, and force the hand of a major player. The ironic thing is, the conference that signs UConn will cause a huge domino effect and leave either the Big 12 or ACC in full panic mode. Its time to man up, call people's bluff, and proudly claim what we are worth. This nonsense has gone on for too long, time to put an end to it.

Agreed.

Reaction Score
Certainly a factor.

List of order why RU went and not UConn.
1)Population NJ greater than CT.
2)Student population larger than UConn.
3)Geographically borders Maryland.
4)A play for NYC and Philadelphia
5)Larger stadium

UConn could have had a 100,000 seat stadium built and it still would have been Rutgers over UConn from how I believe Delaney approaches conference expansion.

NJ borders Pennsylvania not Maryland. Other than that spot on post

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Certainly a factor.
The Rutgers and Maryland adds were a 180 from the Nebraska add. Delaney has changed his approach fairly recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom