Time to do some scouting- Duke vs Elon | The Boneyard

Time to do some scouting- Duke vs Elon

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
i feel this is how they're going to to come out against us, keep the ball out of boats hands and meet us full court... i think there is a decent drop off from their starters to the next five

Reaction Score
May turn to it soon. Watching Kemba and the Hornets down 21-0 to Cleveland and the Cavs announcers are the worst I've ever heard in my life. They might as well wear Pompoms and knee pads.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Preparing to get shat on for saying this, but Okafor looks impressive. Amida will certainly have his hands full.

Reaction Score
"Dook Oak" may be the best player in all college hoops this year.

Hope AB can stay on the floor and stay under 2 fouls in the first half or our only hope is Phil taking 13 charges- (which seems to be his best weapon on D).

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Preparing to get shat on for saying this, but Okafor looks impressive. Amida will certainly have his hands full.
No he is really good. I wonder what ollie is going to to do to keep Brimah out of foul trouble. Zone? Double in the post? Put facey on him? Pick up full court to slow them down? I feel if we can get boat and hamilton going as well as be very confident and dnot backdown I think we can battle with them

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If I was ollie is tell the refs to keep an eye on okafor hooking the defender when he does his spin move newr the hoop

Reaction Score
Stairmaster said:

Can't imagine anyone who can see and process information would be doing any shatting. He's a legit All-American/top draft pick candidate. Tough match up for anyone - and Amida hasn't really played anyone like him in his career. Patric Young was more brute force.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Can't imagine anyone who can see and process information would be doing any shatting. He's a legit All-American/top draft pick candidate. Tough match up for anyone - and Amida hasn't really played anyone like him in his career. Patric Young was more brute force.
They don't have much depth at the 4-5 so we should go at okafor and plumlee early and often if it's there

Reaction Score
Duke managers should wear clown noses. Two of them do an all-out 94-foot sprint to the locker room right as clock hit zero. Like their "hustle" to arrange the stools in the middle of the locker room is vital to the operation.

They were faster than most of Elon's team, though.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

There's always the cabal of "If they aren't our players, they're garbage" around these parts.

Reaction Score
"Dook Oak" may be the best player in all college hoops this year.

Hope AB can stay on the floor and stay under 2 fouls in the first half or our only hope is Phil taking 13 charges- (which seems to be his best weapon on D).

It's his best offensive weapon too, unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Was hoping for a moment there would be a suspension coming for Suliamon. In spite of Grant Hill's Duke bias (or whoever's announcing), locking arms with someone doesn't give you carte Blanche to retaliate with a blow to the head.

More of a push than a punch to the head, though, so I'm sure it won't be dealt with other than the tech.

Reaction Score
i feel this is how they're going to to come out against us, keep the ball out of boats hands and meet us full court... i think there is a decent drop off from their starters to the next five

I would disagree that there is a decent drop off - at least relatively speaking - from their starters to their next five. I think depth is one of the primary advantages they possess over us, especially with Calhoun out and Purvis limited.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I would disagree that there is a decent drop off - at least relatively speaking - from their starters to their next five. I think depth is one of the primary advantages they possess over us, especially with Calhoun out and Purvis limited.
Agreed, but I'm referring to mainly their 4s and 5s. I Don't think their ball handlers are as good as their starters, might be able to shoot but not handles wise imo. I want us to come out and battle hard for a full 40

caw

Reaction Score
Duke does have a lot of talent but only go 7-8 deep, unless I'm missing someone:

Cook
Jones
Winslow
Jefferson
Okafor

M. Jones
Suliamon
Plumlee (he's used mainly to get Okafor a breather)

Grayson Allen gets sporadic minutes in big games and in general. I think that's it for scholarship players.

Matchups will be interesting. They start two point guards so if K is smart he will have whoever Boat isn't defending initiate the offense. I would love to get Okafor into foul trouble, because there is a huge drop if K uses Plumlee. If he goes small that could be interesting.

Reaction Score
I don't see how we get Okafor in foul trouble. I just hope we can avoid it ourselves. i'm looking forward to the individuals match ups. The Hamilton/Winslow battle could be really good. JW is a really good defender. It's funny, when I think about how our team has played so far this year I don't see a way for us to win but then I look at the match ups and think we can compete with them.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I don't see how we get Okafor in foul trouble. I just hope we can avoid it ourselves. i'm looking forward to the individuals match ups. The Hamilton/Winslow battle could be really good. JW is a really good defender. It's funny, when I think about how our team has played so far this year I don't see a way for us to win but then I look at the match ups and think we can compete with them.
if they're switching the screen and rolls, get him to guard boat and have boat drive by and make contact with him or pull up and have him lean into okafor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom