Time to be careful | The Boneyard

Time to be careful

Reaction Score
Killing time by watching last February's game at East Carolina. Score says it was a cakewalk; visuals indicate otherwise. Heather Macy (not yet 39) is a tough, competitive cookie and it's reflected in the way her team plays. Heads up, feet moving, active hands and determined. Even when trailing by more than 35 late in the third quarter. Or late in the fourth.

The above referenced game was hard-fought. Arm bars and bumps and aggressive body language with intent...the good kind of intent.

The Pirates did not then have the talent to come close to keeping it close or even respectable. And they don't tonight. But this is one of those affairs when injuries jump up and suddenly things change. Be careful.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Heather Macy is also really good at getting Technical Fouls when her team plays UConn.

Reaction Score
Killing time by watching last February's game at East Carolina. Score says it was a cakewalk; visuals indicate otherwise. Heather Macy (not yet 39) is a tough, competitive cookie and it's reflected in the way her team plays. Heads up, feet moving, active hands and determined. Even when trailing by more than 35 late in the third quarter. Or late in the fourth.

The above referenced game was hard-fought. Arm bars and bumps and aggressive body language with intent...the good kind of intent.

The Pirates did not then have the talent to come close to keeping it close or even respectable. And they don't tonight. But this is one of those affairs when injuries jump up and suddenly things change. Be careful.

Do not mess up with the mojo god!!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Ah.... man, I wish you had not gone there with the injury thing. You have 6 full hours to make this right! Light a candle, sacrifice a chicken ,something-anything to appease the gods.

Exactly, what the hell are you thinking Blue. You're not my boy anymore Blue.

Reaction Score
Do not mess up with the mojo god!!!

Never believed in the mojo.

Ok, beat me til I turn National Flag Blue but here's the thing....

It ain't the mojo when your coach is Geno.
Even so, don't stub a toe.

Reaction Score

I'll give ---Geno needs to use his players appropriately to avoid injury--but
if you play that cautiously--injuries happen.
It is good to play aggressive teams--all games won't be cake walks--slide bys.
Hope this coach gets some good recruits--she seems to have the talent to compete--now she needs players with talent.

Reaction Score
Ah.... man, I wish you had not gone there with the injury thing. You have 6 full hours to make this right! Light a candle, sacrifice a chicken ,something-anything to appease the gods.
I'm not superstitious or anything--however I just threw salt over my right shoulder and while out walking--I stepped over every crack. No point taking chances ..

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Would that make him---Blueboy?? Was that a Musical or a horse/??

This is Blue BOY, by Thomas Gainsborough in 1779:

Thomas_Gainsborough_-_The_Blue_Boy_(The_Huntington_Library,_San_Marino_L._A.).jpg

Not to be confused with the musical group Blue MAN, below:

blue man.jpg

Easy to see how they can be confused with each other........................

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Uh, like, "be careful" is not in the Husky's playbook. (Sometimes I think it should be. Diving after a loose ball and crashing into sideline obstacles is not necessarily a smart play. I know why they do it, but dot dot dot.

Reaction Score

Could you have tempted fate any more?

Reaction Score
Uh, like, "be careful" is not in the Husky's playbook. (Sometimes I think it should be. Diving after a loose ball and crashing into sideline obstacles is not necessarily a smart play. I know why they do it, but dot dot dot.

Ask anybody that has played any sport above a recreational level and they will all say the one time when virtually every injury occurs is when they "take a play off" and go half speed. Hopefully, the basketball gods will reward the hustle of UConn for the rest of the year,

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom