Time for UConn to "man up"? | The Boneyard

Time for UConn to "man up"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, it looks like the rest of the country says UConn is just not good enough. Not good enough in football to be included in a "real" football conference. Not good enough to be able to put 13 basketball players on a team and graduate them. Not good enough to be considered a high tier University of learning. Hell, not even good enough by many state tax payers to be worthy of the money spent in tax payer dollars. Even ESPN, which resides in this state and is far and away the leader in sports entertainment doesn't have UConn's back. Now that's bad.

So is it time for UConn to "man up"? Is it time for the men's basketball team to not lose(to anyone) and at the same time go above and beyond in the class room if just to say..."yes, we can do it too just like any university in the country". Is it time for the football team to "Kill everything in sight" and match or exceed graduation rates of the top 25 in the country? Is it time for every student on campus to help increase the over all status of the university and show some school spirit by mobbing any and every athletic event home or away if just to show the rest of the country that UConn is just as good as any school on the planet? Is it time for alumni to show they have pride in the school they attended and prove it to the rest of the country?

The rest of the country looks at Connecticut as a bunch of boring cynics that are over paid and are too lazy to support the one school that bares it's name. Is it time for the state to say "Yes...this is the school that bares our name. This is who we are and we are just as good if not better"? I freakin hope so. I think it's time for this whole state to "MAN UP"!!

Reaction Score
clap?

*Breaks into a character resembling Chris Rock*

The clap - now that's a true gift of giving...you don't love someone until...*breaks out of character*

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Nothing speaks louder than a Huskies Channel on cable with a mandated fee to each and every CT subscriber. $10 a year per subscriber brings over $10 mil to the program. Raise SNY's cable fees by $1 a subscriber per month, mandate it, and cut a programming deal with them for more regional content and movies and create a great Regional Channel that fills in holes that NESN and SNY and MSG don't cover.

Reaction Score
Pathetic. UConn needs a rallying cry. The state as a whole needs something to cheer about in these depressing times. What do you get? Boring, cynical, overpaid snobs poo- pooing anyone trying to breathe some fresh air into a dieing state. You reap what you sow.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Rallying cry? How about, "We're impatient as hell and we're not going to wait anymore!". Alternatively, it could be "Ooh! Ooh! Pick Me! Pick me!".

Things are fine. They are shaking out as we all expected.

Reaction Score
mob every sporting event? Sir, have you ever seen a womens field hockey game? I saw two minutes of one while walking by, it was awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom