Time for the "Jim Calhoun Big Man Camp" ... | The Boneyard

Time for the "Jim Calhoun Big Man Camp" ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What the heck is Calhoun doing anyway?

Pete Newell has been dead since 2008; no one has stepped up and took his place. WE need ... and you can do it in beautiful seaside Madison, Connecticut or somewhere ... intensive Big Man camp to take raw athletic kids and really bring them up to top NCAA form like we used to have. None of the Duke or Kentucky kids seem to grow in fundamentals. Since Newell passed, the rise of truly good solid guys - Kermit Washington was the first - that rise from a meager HS/AAU background up has not quite tracked.

Get back in it Jimmy

Reaction Score
I'm fairly certain Calhoun is still employed by UConn Athletics. He still has an office in the basketball center and I've saw him parked outside a lot during preseason.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I'm fairly certain Calhoun is still employed by UConn Athletics. He still has an office in the basketball center and I've saw him parked outside a lot during preseason.

He's presently too busy trying to find a posse of big time donors to bankroll Coach Diablo's contract buyout.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Pretty sure I saw him leaving the Wagner game with about 3 minutes left. Walked straight out on the main concourse.

C

Chief00

Pretty sure I saw him leaving the Wagner game with about 3 minutes left. Walked straight out on the main concourse.

He did not attend to my knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog