Time for Longhorn thoughts | The Boneyard

Time for Longhorn thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ok it's really good this game is at Gampel and it's also really good Taylor is out for this one. Do we have a chance? Heck yeah, when doesn't a UConn team have a chance? What's going to have to happen to win this game? A few things actually:

Knock down shots. We're going to have to shoot it really well, no 3-17 from trey will allow is to even be in the game the last 10 minutes.

Pass the ball and make them work on D. They play big a lot, heck they are big, so ball movement and utilizing some mismatches on that end will help.

Defend and stay out of foul trouble. For those who have been all over Phil Nolan so far you better be his biggest admirer because he will see plenty of minutes and we will need him to play well. They are big and deep on the block and in the middle. They will pound it inside and often - Ridley, Turner, Lammert,, Ibex and even Holmes are physical and our bigs will be tasked to move some people around. It will be hell for Facey and Brimah but let's hope they're up to the task. Rubin would be nice just for a few minutes but that's not looking good!

Turnovers - this isn't just Texas as we know now it's every game. Take care of the ball and have good possessions. The way we win this game is a 59-58 scrum where we defend and get some good shots when crunch time appears. Sound familiar? That's UConn, need to get back there. Defend and rebound and keep the game close so the crowd helps through the rough times.

This is a good Texas team, even better with Taylor. Taylor may have had an edge on Boat but now Boat has the upper hand and this is a big game for him. No more street fights for him, hope these are over after the WV game. It's about the team, his team and he needs to be the leader expected when the torch was handed over. Back at it Boat, help this team see how it is to win a big game in college basketballs best atmosphere.

Hopefully the youngsters lace them up and make the Husky faithful proud! We'll see.

Reaction Score
Ok it's really good this game is at Gampel and it's also really good Taylor is out for this one. Do we have a chance? Heck yeah, when doesn't a UConn team have a chance? What's going to have to happen to win this game? A few things actually:

Knock down shots. We're going to have to shoot it really well, no 3-17 from trey will allow is to even be in the game the last 10 minutes.

Pass the ball and make them work on D. They play big a lot, heck they are big, so ball movement and utilizing some mismatches on that end will help.

Defend and stay out of foul trouble. For those who have been all over Phil Nolan so far you better be his biggest admirer because he will see plenty of minutes and we will need him to play well. They are big and deep on the block and in the middle. They will pound it inside and often - Ridley, Turner, Lammert,, Ibex and even Holmes are physical and our bigs will be tasked to move some people around. It will be hell for Facey and Brimah but let's hope they're up to the task. Rubin would be nice just for a few minutes but that's not looking good!

Turnovers - this isn't just Texas as we know now it's every game. Take care of the ball and have good possessions. The way we win this game is a 59-58 scrum where we defend and get some good shots when crunch time appears. Sound familiar? That's UConn, need to get back there. Defend and rebound and keep the game close so the crowd helps through the rough times.

This is a good Texas team, even better with Taylor. Taylor may have had an edge on Boat but now Boat has the upper hand and this is a big game for him. No more street fights for him, hope these are over after the WV game. It's about the team, his team and he needs to be the leader expected when the torch was handed over. Back at it Boat, help this team see how it is to win a big game in college basketballs best atmosphere.

Hopefully the youngsters lace them up and make the Husky faithful proud! We'll see.
Is Lakim suspended for this one?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I think it would be effective if Ollie unleased Lubin to foul the crap out of their big tubby man Ridley. Just harass all their post players.

The same strategy could be used for Okafor when we play Duke. A vicious 1999 Elton Brand double-team could also work too.

Reaction Score
the rubin gourmet dish needs major minutes over kenhopnole combo to inflict pain on tx bigs or write in loss#2

probably need major minutes of tsamnewrip backourt wit amoebarockkenhop

Reaction Score
We might as well get this straight now. When he gets his framed jersey 4 years from now is it still going to be "Rubin" or are we deep sixing that?

Reaction Score
There was a time back in '84 when I was without the benefit of - ahem - female attention for a period of 4 months. In my heart and in my memories, that will always be known as the "longhorn".

Reaction Score
There was a time back in '84 when I was without the benefit of - ahem - female attention for a period of 4 months. In my heart and in my memories, that will always be known as the "longhorn".

4 months? Did you stay home that long without leaving the house?:eek:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
we win, they don't

next

:)

Reaction Score
His name is Rakim Lubin...

like Eric B and Rakim

Eric_B.jpg

Reaction Score
Lubin is a one & done.

I won't come on this board for a while if we lose.

I think we're looking good. Hit a few threes, free throws or get a fair reffed game and we beat WVU

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Better shooting, less turn overs and we win. We know how to play this type of team.

Reaction Score
The Kemba Step-back should be declared a weapon of mass destruction.

How blessed were we to go from a Kemba to Bazz, Calhoun to Ollie?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
what's the deal with purvis? is he healthy? what about omar and lubin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom