Time for Diaco to concentrate on his job. | The Boneyard

Time for Diaco to concentrate on his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I actually like he understands the importance of the media.

But not at the expense of putting in the time to learn and solve his clock management problems. Fix it.

He needs to be more aggressive, so the kids play harder and spend less time worrying about mistakes. All good coaches realize that kids are going to make mistakes. Turnovers are NOT preventable. Neither are they a death sentence. If you make one, put it in the rearview mirror. As Don Brown often said, solve your problems with aggression.

Diaco must learn that it's better to die with your boots on than bending and not breaking.
This applies to offense as well. Stress the defense with aggression and imagination. Make the offense fun. Give the kids a reason to be excited. It looks like drudgery out there. It's not a job, it's a game. Play it like one.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score

But not at the expense of putting in the time to learn and solve his clock management problems. Fix it.

He needs to be more aggressive, so the kids play harder and spend less time worrying about mistakes. All good coaches realize that kids are going to make mistakes. Turnovers are NOT preventable. Neither are they a death sentence. If you make one, put it in the rearview mirror. As Don Brown often said, solve your problems with aggression.

Diaco must learn that it's better to die with your boots on than bending and not breaking.
This applies to offense as well. Stress the defense with aggression and imagination. Make the offense fun. Give the kids a reason to be excited. It looks like drudgery out there. It's not a job, it's a game. Play it like one.

Well said. There is no joy in Mudville. This is applicable to any undertaking really (of course, some tasks are truly joyless, but most are not). Approaching any task with a sense of joy and excitement changes everything is contagious. The next step is then to make it esciting and joyous for others, even if pushes you beyond your comfort zone. That is leadership. Took me until my 40's to figure that out; thank Christmas I did.

Reaction Score

Amen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek