Time for a WTF win? | The Boneyard

Time for a WTF win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The title made "what the freak" disappear. It's suppose to say Time for a W-T#F win? except the filter won't let those three letter appear in order.

I think it's a valid question.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
This is an important and necessary thread. Thank you for starting the discussion.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
They'll beat Temple and get all of us rock hard and then get crushed by BCU.

Reaction Score
A WTF TF win over Louisville is what brought P back for another season.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
A what TF win over Louisville is what brought P back for another season.

I think Diaco is back regardless, but I won't care if I'm wrong. I watched all but the last 3 1/2 minutes of the game. My 10 month old needed a nap and was having a hard time falling asleep, so I put him in his car seat and took a drive. Predictably he fell asleep inside 5 miles. That didn't stop me from taking a few laps around Eastern/Central CT. It also didn't stop me from listening to Joe D for the last part of the game and the post game interviews. I heard a totally dejected Diaco, the likes that I've never heard before.

I say that to say this: I don't foresee a W.T.F. win unless someone other than Bryant Shirreffs is under center. It's tough to have confidence in him when he has no confidence in himself. I can't imagine how his teammates feel. At least once and I think twice I heard Joe D say that Shirreffs just threw it up for grabs.

Really, how bad is Garrett Anderson to not get a chance ahead of Shirreffs? I was against making a change last year because Shirreffs was at least effective, and Boyle was clearly inferior to Shirreffs. 1) Anderson is not Boyle. 2) No one knows what Anderson is because he's rarely been behind center. You can talk about play calling all you want, but execution has been UConn's issue far more than play calling all season.

Reaction Score
I think Diaco is back regardless, but I won't care if I'm wrong. I watched all but the last 3 1/2 minutes of the game. My 10 month old needed a nap and was having a hard time falling asleep, so I put him in his car seat and took a drive. Predictably he fell asleep inside 5 miles. That didn't stop me from taking a few laps around Eastern/Central CT. It also didn't stop me from listening to Joe D for the last part of the game and the post game interviews. I heard a totally dejected Diaco, the likes that I've never heard before.

I say that to say this: I don't foresee a W.T.F. win unless someone other than Bryant Shirreffs is under center. It's tough to have confidence in him when he has no confidence in himself. I can't imagine how his teammates feel. At least once and I think twice I heard Joe D say that Shirreffs just threw it up for grabs.

Really, how bad is Garrett Anderson to not get a chance ahead of Shirreffs? I was against making a change last year because Shirreffs was at least effective, and Boyle was clearly inferior to Shirreffs. 1) Anderson is not Boyle. 2) No one knows what Anderson is because he's rarely been behind center. You can talk about play calling all you want, but execution has been UConn's issue far more than play calling all season.

I hate to second guess the Tyler Davis move given that he looks like he might have potential at TE, but it's hard to believe that he was not more competent than at least Anderson.

Reaction Score
I hate to second guess the Tyler Davis move given that he looks like he might have potential at TE, but it's hard to believe that he was not more competent than at least Anderson.

To add to that ... Davis looked very good in the early going as a receiver ... very good IMHO!

Too bad he has been relegated to fake FG duty ... which assures he'll get at least 2 passing attempts per game ...

Reaction Score
A what TF win over Louisville is what brought P back for another season.
Ahhhh yes. A triple OT win at Louisville who was ranked at the time and a 5 - 7 record.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

It appears whiffing on Davis as a QB was a big blow. It left us with a hole in our QB depth chart. It would have been nice to try a redshirt frosh this year. After seeing a little bit of GA, I would guess TD was pretty ineffective as a QB since he got moved.

Reaction Score
I don't trust Diaco's judgement on much so I'd like to see Davis play for myself before assuming he's not a QB. I've seen Diaco do some unbelievable crap at this point.

I won't even blame Verducci for the offense. We've seen this type of thing before. Verducci may not be the problem. We know Diaco is a problem.

Reaction Score
I don't trust Diaco's judgement on much so I'd like to see Davis play for myself before assuming he's not a QB. I've seen Diaco do some unbelievable crap at this point.

I won't even blame Verducci for the offense. We've seen this type of thing before. Verducci may not be the problem. We know Diaco is a problem.
I can tell you first hand from watching him play in the spring game...he isn't a QB and is in the right position for him. He had a worse touch on a deep ball than Sherriffs has and BS is terrible!

Reaction Score
It appears whiffing on Davis as a QB was a big blow. It left us with a hole in our QB depth chart. It would have been nice to try a redshirt frosh this year. After seeing a little bit of GA, I would guess TD was pretty ineffective as a QB since he got moved.

At this point I don't think we can trust Diaco's judgment enough to know that he whiffed on Davis.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
TULSA.....................................................................maybe

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Your lock of the year: UConn will not lose to Tulsa!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom