Time for a Defensive Analyst | The Boneyard

Time for a Defensive Analyst

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Shaky the Mohel mentioned this in a thread and I thought it deserved its own thread. In less than a week with Noel Mazzone, we ditched the delayed handoff, rolled out the QB and ran some great misdirection(1 would have been a TD if not for a penalty).

Now the Defense needs help. The D has been rife with miscommunications between LB's and DB's, Corners and safeties, etc. Most guys are taking crappy angles and the lack of tackling technique is atrocious. Who is out there that can help this defensive unit and staff out ?

Reaction Score
I don't know but we win nothing this year unless the D starts getting some stops here and there. I think Purdue scored 7 straight TDs and Army the same. Meanwhile UMass had over 500 yds of offense today.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Hiring an analyst would send the right message about the program. But you see how our d-line gets pushed around every week -- unless we're hiding some big, agile guys on the sideline I wouldn't expect very different results.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, our defensive problems aren’t schematic. Our players are constantly outclassed in speed and strength by other teams. They even struggled to contain and tackle an unathlethic holy cross.

Reaction Score
Shaky the Mohel mentioned this in a thread and I thought it deserved its own thread. In less than a week with Noel Mazzone, we ditched the delayed handoff, rolled out the QB and ran some great misdirection(1 would have been a TD if not for a penalty).

Now the Defense needs help. The D has been rife with miscommunications between LB's and DB's, Corners and safeties, etc. Most guys are taking crappy angles and the lack of tackling technique is atrocious. Who is out there that can help this defensive unit and staff out ?
Nick Saban

Reaction Score
Army scores at will versus a lot of teams. When your offense isn't clicking and you keep giving them the ball quickly you are in big trouble.
Our offense hasn't done the defense any favors all season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, our defensive problems aren’t schematic. Our players are constantly outclassed in speed and strength by other teams. They even struggled to contain and tackle an unathlethic holy cross.
You can lift and bulk up, but it doesn’t mean you know how to read what’s happening, take good angles and tackle. We have terrible football players at a lot of positions. Travis Jones is a prime example of a physically dominant dude whose utterly useless. Our LBs can figure how to get off blocks and take angles and or DBs are not capable of tackling or covering. Otherwise the 1 year strength program worked wonders.

Reaction Score
Hiring an analyst would send the right message about the program. But you see how our d-line gets pushed around every week -- unless we're hiding some big, agile guys on the sideline I wouldn't expect very different results.

.. our dline is probably our best unit, they're missing another edge guy to compliment Kevon, but they've been the most engaged and have defined roles.

I could agree with you if you said Oline. Although the addition of Fortin has helped in that respect. Still need a better LG and RT. Niedrowski/Lundt aren't physically ready.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom