OT: Tim Tebow | The Boneyard

OT: Tim Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Not sure who said it on the broadcast or the exact wording but it was along the lines of:

"If you didn't believe coming into this game, you have to believe now"

Found myself thinking, In Denver? Tebow? Or God?

SouthTampaBill

20" Neck
Reaction Score
He sucks.

First of all who have they beaten?

The only good team they have played is Detroit and they lost 45-10.

The reason they are winning is their D has stepped up big time.

Their games are so ugly that they make my ex wife look attractive.

Reaction Score
He is playing the best of any QB in the NFL right now

Aaron Rodgers says hello.
Tebow was god-awful until the Bears went to a prevent and he was able to dunk balls underneath to uncovered running backs. I thought last week's win over the Vikings was all Tebow for answering back every time Minnesota scored, but Denver's three stars of this game were A) Marion Barber B) the kicker and C) whoever forced that fumble. Tebow did complete a couple of big passes in OT, but it never should have come to that.

Reaction Score
He is playing the best of any QB in the NFL right now
LMFAO

gallery_35942_10875_10646215324ca4a4ac79d1b.gif

Reaction Score
Honestly: for 3 quarters this guy is garbage.

And then, call it what you will (he's a winner, clutch, etc.), he's able to mobilize his team around him and has been able to win games. You can't win a Super Bowl with him as your QB (at least I don't think so), but you can probably win the AFC West.

And, to the person who said there is no quarterback playing better:

Rogers
Brees
Brady

Are playing significantly better than he is. You can then go into the whole second tier of NFL quarterbacks, all of whom are playing better than he is, in general and who I would ultimately prefer to be quarterbacking my team. Tebow hasn't played very well for most of most games.

Reaction Score
tebow is a great game manager. nothing more.

he beat the bears without their starting qb and rb. not sure what the big deal is.

the real story should be their defense and kicker.

Reaction Score
His WRs are awful. So many drops. I would like to see him throw the ball more with some more talent. His team plays hard with him at QB and you have to respect that. I wish all my favorite teams, including Uconn Basketball has a leader like that. He's getting better each week as well. Broncos/Pats should be interesting.

Reaction Score
His WRs are awful. So many drops. I would like to see him throw the ball more with some more talent. His team plays hard with him at QB and you have to respect that. I wish all my favorite teams, including Uconn Basketball has a leader like that. He's getting better each week as well. Broncos/Pats should be interesting.
I would say it won't be interesting at all. The Pats are clearly the better team. But then they do something like almost blow a game against the Redskins.

Reaction Score
Broncos did beat the Jets, who are 8-5 right now. The rest havent been the best teams, thats for sure. The Patriots defense is so bad, I think Tebow can actually move the ball there. The Broncos pass rush is very good this year, and may be able to bother Brady. The Pats arent exactly blowing teams away in convincing fashion these days.

Reaction Score
I would say it won't be interesting at all. The Pats are clearly the better team. But then they do something like almost blow a game against the Redskins.
The patriots defense is awful. I'm not a broncos fan or a Pats fan. I'm assuming a lot of people might be pats fans here. Not talking , but just my opinion. Pats don't play well in denver and I just think it will be a good game. Broncos D is pretty athletic that could put pressure on Tom, so thats why I think it will be interesting.

Reaction Score
The patriots defense is awful. I'm not a broncos fan or a Pats fan. I'm assuming a lot of people might be pats fans here. Not talking ****, but just my opinion. Pats don't play well in denver and I just think it will be a good game. Broncos D is pretty athletic that could put pressure on Tom, so thats why I think it will be interesting.
Their D is terrible. Brady needs to be awesome every game for them to win. Thankfully for them, he's been really good most of the season. But it's just too much pressure to need to be on all the time.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Broncos did beat the Jets, who are 8-5 right now. The rest havent been the best teams, thats for sure. The Patriots defense is so bad, I think Tebow can actually move the ball there. The Broncos pass rush is very good this year, and may be able to bother Brady. The Pats arent exactly blowing teams away in convincing fashion these days.

The Pats defense is built around the premise that teams will be throwing from behind in the second half and the opportunistic Secondary will win via TOs and slip ups and lead the league in Interceptions.

It's great. Except against the top 3 teams and in the playoffs. They won't get by Pitt or Balt in the second round. Denver next week? Pie. Tebow will be in the air the entire second half.

Pats are +7 on Ints this year and + 10 overall against Denver on give/take.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Tebow has done a good job generally doing three things:

-Avoiding negative plays
-Avoiding interceptions
-Making a few good throws a game

He has benefitted from a terrific defense and running game, as well as a head coach willing to build an offense around his strengths and limitations.

The Broncos are going to run into trouble in the playoffs, but the fact they're going to make it there at all is, well, miraculous.

BTW, I hate Tebow. Have since he was at Florida. I'm also an atheist (or agnostic, really), but I always liked Sam Bradford and Colt McCoy.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Tebow is not great, but the Broncos are a hell of a lot of fun to watch right now.

Six straight wins, comebacks galore and half the games go to overtime.

Greatest show on earth every Sunday - the man has transcended this mortal existence and become a verb.

Reaction Score
I don't see how you can hate Tim Tebow. If you don't want to buy into the hype, fine. But to hate him? Tebow haters are just threatened by him.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I don't see how you can hate Tim Tebow. If you don't want to buy into the hype, fine. But to hate him? Tebow haters are just threatened by him.
Threatened by what? Anti-abortion ads and early round playoff exits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom