OT: Tim Tebow | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Tim Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't see how you can hate Tim Tebow. If you don't want to buy into the hype, fine. But to hate him? Tebow haters are just threatened by him.
Tebow haters are threatened by religion. Not Tebow. He's about as unthreatening as they come.

When people start talking about "God" and "miracles" and guys on the field are on their knees in prayer, and putting their hands together . . .

. . . then folks start to get uncomfortable. And they react by attacking Tebow, as the icon of the notion that, somehow, some way . . .

God has chosen to act through a man playing a child's game. In Denver.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Here's how we know Tebow isn't good: if Brady or Brees or Rogers etc. were making all these 4th quarter comebacks no one would consider them miracles or have to be convinced to be "believers." It would be explained as great qb's making great plays to lead the team to victory. With Tebow, they're considered miracles because he isn't supposed to do this stuff because he's not good.

That said, I'm a converted Tebowliever. Something HAS to be going on. Divine intervention or something... How else to explain a qb this awful making so many comebacks?

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Many Redskins fans will remember the Heath Schuler/Gus Ferotte debate.

By almost every measure, Schuler was a better QB than Ferotte....except for one.

The team seemed to play better for Ferotte than they did for Schuler.

I guess that something similar is happening at Denver.

Tebow may not be putting up the numbers people would like to see, and he may not be one of the best QBs in the NFL. Heck, he might not even be one of the better QBs in the NFL.

But Denver seems to play well for him. And those Ws count for something.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Angels in the Outfield is a movie. Movies aren't real.
Your avatar looks strangely similar to:

Usgbc.png

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm not too sure about TT, but given how many clutch plays Kemba made and how the lid was on the basket for opposing team when it came time for them to make a winning shot at the end of games, I have to wonder if there was something going on for KW and JC. Luck, coincidence or divine intervention, doesn't matter. The season was special.

I gather something similar is going on in Denver.

Reaction Score
Touchdown Jesus makes sense - since he is only good for about one touchdown a week.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
The patriots defense is awful. I'm not a broncos fan or a Pats fan. I'm assuming a lot of people might be pats fans here. Not talking ****, but just my opinion. Pats don't play well in denver and I just think it will be a good game. Broncos D is pretty athletic that could put pressure on Tom, so thats why I think it will be interesting.
I am a Pats fan, and this D is as bad as I can remember this team having.

Reaction Score
Tebow haters are threatened by religion. Not Tebow. He's about as unthreatening as they come.

When people start talking about "God" and "miracles" and guys on the field are on their knees in prayer, and putting their hands together . . .

. . . then folks start to get uncomfortable. And they react by attacking Tebow, as the icon of the notion that, somehow, some way . . .

God has chosen to act through a man playing a child's game. In Denver.

Players have been praying on the football field for as long as I can remember. No one has said anything about it. What is annoying is people like you who are using Tebow to make the case God is working through him.

Tebow had nothing to do with the win yesterday. It was defense getting a fumble and the kicker hitting a 59 yarder to send the game to OT and hit a 51 yarder to win it. But no one mentions the kicker and the religious people who know nothing about football are blowing their loads all over Tebow.

Reaction Score
Players have been praying on the football field for as long as I can remember. No one has said anything about it. What is annoying is people like you who are using Tebow to make the case God is working through him.
Here's the kick in the balls man.

I am an agnostic, and I'm completely without religion in my life.

Further, I don't believe in anything paranormal at all. Not ghost, channeling, angels, miracles, dowsing - nothing.

So, I'm actually at the very far end of the spectrum on this, on the site opposite the Tebow Miracle side.

You sir, however, have just proved my point well. We are a very anti-religious country. You are so unhappy about these religious folks claiming miracles through Tebow that you give me both barrels to tell me how stupid I am for being religious.

And I'm not even religious!!!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Tebow had nothing to do with the win yesterday.

Making a case against extremism with extremism? Is Tebow the only reason Denver is winning? Of course not. Does he have nothing to do with it? Of course not.

What allows defenses and special teams to win football games? Managing possessions:

Top Five NFL Starter Total Touchdown to Turnover Ratio, 2011:
  1. Aaron Rodgers — 9.0
  2. Tebow — 5.5
  3. Drew Brees — 2.46
  4. Brady — 2.333
  5. Tony Romo — 2.1
  6. Matthew Stafford — 2.0
  7. Matt Ryan — 1.538
  8. Eli Manning — 1.528
  9. Sanchez — 1.313
  10. Fitzpatrick — 1.26

I'm puzzled by the people who listen to Tebow's faith and feel its an indictment on their rights and beliefs.
I'm puzzled by the people who want to attribute all of Denver's success to him and him alone.
I'm puzzled by those that want to rob him completely of it like any QB would be winning with this team right now.

The polarization of the Tim Tebow camps is a case study in sociology if I've ever seen one.

Reaction Score
Making a case against extremism with extremism? Is Tebow the only reason Denver is winning? Of course not. Does he have nothing to do with it? Of course not.

Reasons Denver won yesterday:

Barber not going out of bounds, Prater hitting 59 yard FG, Barber fumbling when Chicago was in position to kick FG and Prater hitting 51 yarder for the win.

Wow Tebow completed some passes when Chicago switched defenses.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

Barber not going out of bounds, Prater hitting 59 yard FG, Barber fumbling when Chicago was in position to kick FG and Prater hitting 51 yarder for the win.

I wasn't really expecting you to move off position.

Reaction Score
Here's the kick in the balls man.

I am an agnostic, and I'm completely without religion in my life.

Further, I don't believe in anything paranormal at all. Not ghost, channeling, angels, miracles, dowsing - nothing.

So, I'm actually at the very far end of the spectrum on this, on the site opposite the Tebow Miracle side.

You sir, however, have just proved my point well. We are a very anti-religious country. You are so unhappy about these religious folks claiming miracles through Tebow that you give me both barrels to tell me how stupid I am for being religious.

And I'm not even religious!!!

Yeah, OK. I never attacked their religion, I did their football knowledge. Like I said, there has been praying in football forever. (Prayer circles, prayers after games, prayers when a player goes down with injury, etc..) No one cares or mentions it.

Christians, boy are they persecuted.

Reaction Score

The game coulda been totally different if Thomas would have caught that deep touchdown and they didn't get that 28 yard fg blocked. Would have been 10-10. Tebow played well, but i'm assuming you didn't watch the whole game and didn't see countless drops that lead to denver not being able to drive the ball down field. Lack of running game also doesn't help. Of course the Barber running out of bounds and fumble helped but let's not give him any credit at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom