OT: Tim Tebow | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Tim Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I don't see how you can hate Tim Tebow. If you don't want to buy into the hype, fine. But to hate him? Tebow haters are just threatened by him.
People hate Tim Tebow because of how much the media shoves him down their throats. This was more true of when he was in college. Now they have to listen to NFL analysts talk about how he isn't an NFL QB non-stop. Any time the media is infatuated with someone, people are going to hate him.

As for the specific hatred of Tim Tebow, it's quotes like "I'm a better person for having met Tim Tebow" that are gonna make people hate him. It might be true, but that won't stop people from being annoyed by it. He is a great competitor, a great athlete, and by all accounts an even better person. It's like he's a living breathing cliche. Except in this case, the cliche isn't actually a normal thing in real life.

Reaction Score
Rodgers maybe playing slightly better but Tebow is the clear number two.

1.Rodgers
2.Tebow
3.Brees
4.Brady

Reaction Score
None of you guys have seen Angels in the Outfield or the Sixth Man? Thats what is going on here

Reaction Score
People hate Tim Tebow because of how much the media shoves him down their throats. This was more true of when he was in college. Now they have to listen to NFL analysts talk about how he isn't an NFL QB non-stop. Any time the media is infatuated with someone, people are going to hate him.

As for the specific hatred of Tim Tebow, it's quotes like "I'm a better person for having met Tim Tebow" that are gonna make people hate him. It might be true, but that won't stop people from being annoyed by it. He is a great competitor, a great athlete, and by all accounts an even better person. It's like he's a living breathing cliche. Except in this case, the cliche isn't actually a normal thing in real life.

That's what I don't get though. Hate the media, not him. Tebow has no control over how much the media talks about him. People are facinated by him, for good reason or not.

Reaction Score
I have no axe to grind with Tebow, but please, Denver is winning despite him for the most part. Yes, he has made some clutch plays at the end of games but Denver's offense is about the most impotent in all of football under his leadership and are only in a position to win games because of the defense which has been playing lights out. He is a poor quarterback. Statistics can lie but not this bad.

Reaction Score
The obvious counterfactual is "what would Denver's record be with Orton instead of Tebow?" Unless God himself is actually getting involved, my supposition is that there is nothing that Tebow has done that Orton couldn't do.

Reaction Score
yes the running game and defense has 'stepped up' but tebow has a lot to do with that....threat of an option/mobile qb opens up the run game and the offense doesnt make a lot of mistakes, runs some clock and leaves the d in good field position for the most part

Reaction Score
I have no axe to grind with Tebow, but please, Denver is winning despite him for the most part. Yes, he has made some clutch plays at the end of games but Denver's offense is about the most impotent in all of football under his leadership and are only in a position to win games because of the defense which has been playing lights out. He is a poor quarterback. Statistics can lie but not this bad.
Eh, it's hard to agree with this considering the team was 1-5 before Tebow and is 7-1 with him.

They're winning largely because of the Tebow, and partly because of Tebow. (And also because the running game has been reinvigorated and their kicker has been unreal in clutch spots.) Sure, you can say that the D has been the main reason he's been put in the positions to lead late comebacks, but to his credit he's now done it week after week after week.

Basically the entire team has responded 7 out of the last 8 weeks. I have no idea if it's because of a higher power, Tebow's a great leader, everyone coincidentally playing well at the same time...whatever. But while I still don't think he's a great quarterback (nor do I think you can make a SB run with him as your QB), 7-1 in the NFL is still 7-1.

Reaction Score
The obvious counterfactual is "what would Denver's record be with Orton instead of Tebow?" Unless God himself is actually getting involved, my supposition is that there is nothing that Tebow has done that Orton couldn't do.

you know orton played this year on the same broncos team right? and went 1-4? and lost at home to two teams that tebow beat on the road?

Reaction Score
Please.... The whole team is energized cause of him. Orton wouldn't of made the run vs the jets. And God very well maybe involved. Dilfer and Tom Jackson all but admitted that on SC today after the game.

Reaction Score
Please.... The whole team is energized cause of him. Orton wouldn't of made the run vs the jets. And God very well maybe involved. Dilfer and Tom Jackson all but admitted that on SC today after the game.

Oh please. I am glad I am an Atheist if people actually believe God is making Tebow win football games while the world is going to .

Reaction Score
God, Jesus, Allah, Buddha, Mohammed, Yahweh, Moses, Zeus, Neptune, Cupid and the Flying Spaghetti Monster all don't care who wins a football game. The God that's in the Bible also liked to test people's faith by giving them undue hardship, so I'd be more apt to believe that Marion Barber is the chosen one right about now.

Reaction Score
You guys need to rent Angels in the Outfield. My black friend would call you guys "Haters"

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You motherf***ers are just pissed that God loves the Broncos and not your team.

If he did, he would have sent his second born down to help your teams.

But he didn't, so suck it, losers.

Reaction Score
And you need to read the Old Testament. One poor believer had his family killed for no reason, and I think another was eaten by a whale. Granted, he didn't make Job run out of bounds after the two-minute warning with the other team out of timeouts - that might have put him over the top.

Reaction Score
please stop.

Reaction Score
Rodgers maybe playing slightly better but Tebow is the clear number two.

1.Rodgers
2.Tebow
3.Brees
4.Brady
Tebows Stats
Completion Percentage: 47.5%
Yards Per Attempt: 6.67
Yards per Game: 131.75
Touchdowns: 10
INT: 1
Passer Rating: 87.9

Those are not impressive stats.

Brady
Completion %: 66.7
Yards Per Attempt: 8.53
Yards per Game: 326.3
Touchdowns: 30
INT: 1
Passer Rating: 105.9

Brees
Completion %: 70.4
Yards Per Attempt: 8.13
Yards per Game: 335.9
Touchdowns: 30
INT: 11
Passer Rating: 105.5

Random Decent Quarterbacks
Eli Manning
Completion %: 62.4
Yards Per Attempt: 8.38
Yards per Game: 336.8
Touchdowns: 23
INT: 11
Passer Rating: 96

Alex Smith

Completion %: 63.2
Yards Per Attempt: 7.45
Yards per Game: 199.1
Touchdowns: 15
INT: 5
Passer Rating: 94.9

I could go on and on. They are all objectively better QBs than Tebow.

He can manage a game. He's better than Orton, in part because he is a fearless competitor, and he can run, which mitigates some of his weaknesses. He's benefitted from a great defense, and his ability to run has helped open up the run game (like Vick used to do in Atlanta, but Tebow is not as good or game changing).

Reaction Score
Burnsbros, I know you must be kidding. He's not even in the same stratosphere as Aaron Rodgers let alone Brady and Brees. It's absurd that he's winning all these games, sure he's made some plays but it's a lot of factors leading up to it. Total collapses by the opponents a bunch of freak plays and oh yeah God. Tebow must have blessed the field goal kickers foot, he kicked that field goal about 80 yards to sent it to overtime. They also haven't beaten anyone good.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Jesus ain't in no box score, son.

I'm not really sure what that even means, but I'm gonna make it my catchphrase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom