Tim Brando Schmooz with Aresco... | The Boneyard

Tim Brando Schmooz with Aresco...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Only caught the first few minutes on Sirius-XM at 11:35 A.M. Brando opened by saying that earlier today he had Coach Calhoun on as a guest & Coach opined about how UConn can be the flagship of this new AAC in all sports. Aresco countered by affirming this & speaking about how President Herbst was the leader in bringing this conference together & about the great help she's been in taking a leadership role.
Strap up your seatbelts.

Reaction Score
Only caught the first few minutes on Sirius-XM at 11:35 A.M. Brando opened by saying that earlier today he had Coach Calhoun on as a guest & Coach opined about how UConn can be the flagship of this new AAC in all sports. Aresco countered by affirming this & speaking about how President Herbst was the leader in bringing this conference together & about the great help she's been in taking a leadership role.
Strap up your seatbelts.
I'm a little slow...so what does this mean? Calhoun giving us another BiG inclination or Susan being serious about remaining in this new AAC for years?

Reaction Score
Smart actually. Leading raises our stock. But we need to address the football coaching situation before we can truly move forward.

Is Aresco cohosting Brando's show now?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He sure wasn't going to say UConn and.Cincy had to be tied to a chair to stay in the A.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Tim Brando is friends with Aresco.

Here's a link to the prefatory interview with Calhoun.

When it comes time to talk about the AAC, Brando consciously waves his arms in an upsweep motion and declares "I'm not going to talk about 5, 6 years in the future...it's temporary", at which point Calhoun mimics the word "temporary", wherein Brando proceeds to say what cap quoted, about how UConn is the bell cow of the conference.

This is at around the 5:30 mark in the segment.

http://www.cbssports.com/video/play...JoQBbVf/werner-coaching-spotlight-jim-calhoun

It doesn't take a code breaker to figure out that JC (and Brando) believe that the AAC is a temporary home for UConn sports. It might be a long temporary home, but a temporary one.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Sorry, but whenever I hear 'Aresco interview' these days...

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Tim Brando is friends with Aresco.

Here's a link to the prefatory interview with Calhoun.

When it comes time to talk about the AAC, Brando consciously waves his arms in an upsweep motion and declares "I'm not going to talk about 5, 6 years in the future...it's temporary", at which point Calhoun mimics the word "temporary", wherein Brando proceeds to say what cap quoted, about how UConn is the bell cow of the conference.

This is at around the 5:30 mark in the segment.

http://www.cbssports.com/video/play...JoQBbVf/werner-coaching-spotlight-jim-calhoun

It doesn't take a code breaker to figure out that JC (and Brando) believe that the AAC is a temporary home for UConn sports. It might be a long temporary home, but a temporary one.

Love the interchange:

Brando: "i won't ask you 5 or 6 years out because, well, things change about every week"

Calhoun: "and they will, they will by the way"

Jimmy!! What do you know, tell US!!! Also, he looks pretty skinny and tan - the man must be enjoying retirement.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Smart actually. Leading raises our stock. But we need to address the football coaching situation before we can truly move forward.

Is Aresco cohosting Brando's show now?

Listen I think Coach P is a good coach with an OC who would not adapt. This issue is not about fixing the head coach but getting Deleon out of the way. Lets hope that he has free reign to do what needs to be done.

Reaction Score
Put the bottle down

Listen I think Coach P is a good coach with an OC who would not adapt. This issue is not about fixing the head coach but getting Deleon out of the way. Lets hope that he has free reign to do what needs to be done.

Reaction Score

P and D are one entity.

And we have seen nothing inside of the last 15 years to indicate that Coach P is anything more than a mediocre form of mediocre.

You're wrong.

And Pasqualoni is an inarticulate dinosaur. Let's get something state of the art.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
P and D are one entity.

And we have seen nothing inside of the last 15 years to indicate that Coach P is anything more than a mediocre form of mediocre.

You're wrong.

And Pasqualoni is an inarticulate dinosaur. Let's get something state of the art.

We will see if I am wrong or not but now that recruiting has picked up and everyone involved has said our recruits are the best this team has ever seen we might finally be turning the table. His players love him. They admit they blew it not him. We had a QB that couldn't throw the first year and another who was JC before here. Plus the transfers have all occurred under Coach P's watch. Players who would never have come under Edsall are coming here now. I am going to be optimistic because D is out of the offensive play calling. Now if the O line can't compete then he has to go and has no worth outside of the good will he has built up with the high school coaches in the northeast. Then if Coach P sticks by him he has to go... but until then we can wait a third year.

Reaction Score
You do realize that every school has it's best recruiting class ever, every year right?

The players definitely don't love him.

We will see if I am wrong or not but now that recruiting has picked up and everyone involved has said our recruits are the best this team has ever seen we might finally be turning the table. His players love him. They admit they blew it not him. We had a QB that couldn't throw the first year and another who was JC before here. Plus the transfers have all occurred under Coach P's watch. Players who would never have come under Edsall are coming here now. I am going to be optimistic because D is out of the offensive play calling. Now if the O line can't compete then he has to go and has no worth outside of the good will he has built up with the high school coaches in the northeast. Then if Coach P sticks by him he has to go... but until then we can wait a third year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom