Tim Boyle playing for the Dolphins | The Boneyard

Tim Boyle playing for the Dolphins

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Middletown CT's own and former Xavier/UConn QB is in for the dolphins right now. Slobjob Diaco tried his hardest to ruin this kid, i still like seeing him have success.

Reaction Score
Middletown CT's own and former Xavier/UConn QB is in for the dolphins right now. Slobjob Diaco tried his hardest to ruin this kid, i still like seeing him have success.
EKU tried to ruin him as well.

Reaction Score
Do you mean PP?

Reaction Score
Boyle got thrown into the fire as a true freshman after PP was fired and Weist became the interim head coach. Cochran replaced him and lead UConn to 3 wins at the end of the season. Boyle got beat out by Cochran and Whitmer in 2014 and by Shirreffs in 2015.

Reaction Score
Shows the collective coaching genius when it comes to QB's. Kid had a rocket arm (still does). Might have had some success if he could have throttle down his fastball and brought the ball down on his throws. Hmmm sounds like somebody more recent.

Reaction Score
Boyle played 3.5 quarters when we upset a ranked Houston team at home to get us bowl eligible in ‘15. We won despite his play. He was God awful and proved he deserved his spot on the bench.

Good for him for sticking with it and making a pro career for himself. I mean that sincerely. But can we quit blaming college coaches for his failure to be a good college QB? He played for 4 of them and couldn’t convince any of them that he was ready to make a team better. Maybe it wasn’t all 4 of them.

Reaction Score
No. PP put Boyle into try and save his . Am I that old?
Ya know what science sez about age related memory loss ;)

-> Depth chart change - Interim coach T.J. Weist, who was promoted from offensive coordinator last week following the firing of Paul Pasqualoni, made the switch to Boyle from junior Chandler Whitmer shortly after getting the job.

Boyle becomes the first true freshman to start a game for UConn since Dan Orlovsky, now a backup with the NFL’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers, did it in 2001. Orlovsky went on to lose 12 of his first 15 starts. But the team went 9-3 and 8-4 in his last two years, winning its first bowl along the way. <-

Reaction Score
Shows the collective coaching genius when it comes to QB's. Kid had a rocket arm (still does). Might have had some success if he could have throttle down his fastball and brought the ball down on his throws. Hmmm sounds like somebody more recent.
Or — just maybe — it shows he wasn’t ready to lead a team as a QB until well after he graduated college. It’s not impossible that — get this — some athletes make jumps later in their career.

Just kidding. Has to be a coaches fault. Got it.

Reaction Score
Or — just maybe — it shows he wasn’t ready to lead a team as a QB until well after he graduated college. It’s not impossible that — get this — some athletes make jumps later in their career.

Just kidding. Has to be a coaches fault. Got it.
Oh good, I thought you where being serious at first. But just shows NFL coaches are better at developing player potential.

Too bad he didn't play in today's Covid college game where some players are around for 7 years.

Reaction Score
Ya know what science sez about age related memory loss ;)

-> Depth chart change - Interim coach T.J. Weist, who was promoted from offensive coordinator last week following the firing of Paul Pasqualoni, made the switch to Boyle from junior Chandler Whitmer shortly after getting the job.

Boyle becomes the first true freshman to start a game for UConn since Dan Orlovsky, now a backup with the NFL’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers, did it in 2001. Orlovsky went on to lose 12 of his first 15 starts. But the team went 9-3 and 8-4 in his last two years, winning its first bowl along the way. <-
PP sat him until he was fired. Weist played him for four games, and then benched him for Cochran which made the team unbelievably better. He then sat for two years under HCVV, who was forced to play him after injuries and he failed miserably. He then went down a level to a directional Kentucky and, again, accomplished nothing.

Reaction Score
PP sat him until he was fired. Weist played him for four games, and then benched him for Cochran which made the team unbelievably better. He then sat for two years under HCVV, who was forced to play him after injuries and he failed miserably. He then went down a level to a directional Kentucky and, again, accomplished nothing.
Yes to Cochran. No disagreement. Red Pants was the problem. Should have been able develop Boyle, but he (like every UConn coach at the time) couldn't figure out the passing game. Better to run left, run right, run up the middle and punt.

Reaction Score
Local kid so happy he is still cashing nfl game checks but his football story is so unique to me. He was not good in college, not at UCONN, not at EKU. And he has not been a good NFL QB. But he still is hanging around.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
It’s honestly incredible the guy is in the NFL. I am not a believer that cronyism is enough to get a backup job in the league, so he must be incredible in practice. Lord knows he has never looked good in an actual game, with two exceptions (his first and third starts at EKU).

The guy threw 13 touchdowns vs 20 interceptions in college. That’s atrocious.

Reaction Score
It’s honestly incredible the guy is in the NFL. I am not a believer that cronyism is enough to get a backup job in the league, so he must be incredible in practice. Lord knows he has never looked good in an actual game, with two exceptions (his first and third starts at EKU).

The guy threw 13 touchdowns vs 20 interceptions in college. That’s atrocious.
I am a Green Bay Packers fan - Aaron Rodgers took a liking to Boyle and that explains why he stuck around in Green Bay for a few years. But I have no idea how he kept getting signed by other teams. Mystifying.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom