Tim Boyle likely to start for Lions on Sunday. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tim Boyle likely to start for Lions on Sunday.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think what people forget is that he was thrown into the lion's den due to Paul Pasquoloni being on the hot seat and was about to be canned. Tim needed a year to redshirt coming from a Xavier. Not saying he would have starred at UConn but would have had a better chance then he did.

I root for him as someone who saw him in high school and he went to UConn even through it didn't work out for him.

Reaction Score
Weist put him in but PP would have out of desperation. Occasionally it works like with Tyler Phommachanh and a lot has to do with confidence. Finally Weist gave Casey a chance.

Reaction Score
So much revisionist history. Should anyone draw conclusions from a true frosh who isn’t quite ready yet? No, of course not. But two years later he got another chance when Shirreffs got hurt and still wasn’t able to do anything. And it wasn’t like Shireffs had any more experience with the Diaco staff than Boyle had.

The fact that he came to UConn with the physical tools to be an NFL QB, and that his physical tools got him to the NFL, does not mean he was ready to be productive as a college QB when he was younger. Would better coaching have helped him along? Sure, but that’s true for everyone. The fact is he failed to be productive at two schools under three different coaches. Blaming all the coaches and not the player is absurd.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Bizarre is a good word for it. He couldn't start at UConn but he can start in the NFL.
I forget who it was but I read a column a while back that said since nobody knows anything, if you look like a QB, you're gonna get a shot. That's a good as I can come up with here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom