Tim Boyle Green Bay Packers visit | The Boneyard

Tim Boyle Green Bay Packers visit

Reaction Score
Nice to see Tim being shown some interest from Green Bay. Looks like he may have been in Green Bay on Monday. Hope he had a good showing.

Boyle is a guy who likely won't get drafted, so the Packers are bringing him in as a player who could be signed as an undrafted free-agent. And if the Packers do sign him, he will be competing for the No. 3 quarterback position with Joe Callahan. Right now, the Packers have four quarterbacks on the roster - Callahan, Brett Hundley, DeShone Kizer and Aaron Rodgers.

Report: Eastern Kentucky QB Tim Boyle to visit Packers

Although his statistics look underwhelming, Boyle appears to have the size and athleticism the NFL demands at the quarterback position. The Packers likely see positive traits worth developing. Boyle is expected to be a priority free agent after the draft.

Packers set up pre-draft visit with EKU QB Tim Boyle

Reaction Score
He would be a camp arm in Green Bay. Still, nice to see a CT guy get a workout for an nfl team.

As a Packer fan I hope Hundley is jettisoned yesterday. I feel like Cleveland gave up on Kizer way to early and am excited to have him on the Packers.

Reaction Score
He would be a camp arm in Green Bay. Still, nice to see a CT guy get a workout for an nfl team.

As a Packer fan I hope Hundley is jettisoned yesterday. I feel like Cleveland gave up on Kizer way to early and am excited to have him on the Packers.

You prefer Kiser to Hundley?

Reaction Score

Agree - Hundley got enough run last year to see what he is. He wasn't a rookie and he really just didn't seem to be able to play at NFL game speed. I would think that Kizer should be able to get the #2 job - definitely has upside. Hard for me to comment on what should happen at #3, but would be nice to see Boyle hang around.

Reaction Score
Tim was one of the most mishandled players I have seen at UConn. I hope he kicks ass in the NFL. You can almost smell the anti Xavier bias on this board some days and it's easy to think that talent rich program will send few more our way. Newsome was a close second in mis use and poor coaching and we wonder why talent goes out of state.

Reaction Score
Boyle is a guy who likely won't get drafted

He’s actually showing up as a (very) late draftee on some mocks. Here he’s pictured on the right and projected for the 7th round #239 to GB.
DCC9293D-ECEE-4BBE-8372-ACAC7D07AEE9.jpeg

Reaction Score
Although his statistics look underwhelming, Boyle appears to have the size and athleticism the NFL demands at the quarterback position. The Packers likely see positive traits worth developing.

Packers set up pre-draft visit with EKU QB Tim Boyle

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me for the ten thousandth time, shame on me. Haven't we heard this tune before?

I wish the young man nothing but success, but the sum of the parts is just not equal to the whole here. Plus, if he actually gets an NFL payday on any level (and again, good for him if he does) I can't deal with the idiots here thinking that what he accomplishes in 2018 or beyond has any relevance whatsoever to what he could have done in 2013-15.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Somehow this kid got better or NFL guys think they can take what he has and make him better (not just better but NFL better). From what I remember of his play at UConn that is pretty amazing. I take that back, not amazing more like astounding. Good on you for keeping at it after going through the Diaco mess.

Reaction Score
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me for the ten thousandth time, shame on me. Haven't we heard this tune before?

I wish the young man nothing but success, but the sum of the parts is just not equal to the whole here. Plus, if he actually gets an NFL payday on any level (and again, good for him if he does) I can't deal with the idiots here thinking that would he accomplishes in 2018 or beyond has any relevance whatsoever to what he could have done in 2013-15.

Tim Boyle was a talent coming out of Xavier and drew interest from the P5. Things didn't work out for a number of reasons. Our pourus Offensive lines didn't help any of our QB's. I talked to Tim at the picnic we had Shenkman in 2015. We actually prayed together for his success. Funny how God hears and answers our prayers but not always in our timing. He was so excited and confident about the upcoming season. As I recall, Shirreffs got the nod and Boyle only appeared in a handful of games. After the season he announced he was transferring to EKU. Adversity and moving away from the noise of the crowd are sometimes the best teachers. Obviously Little Tim has grown and matured in many ways.
Now it looks like he might have a shot! A good lesson for everyone on never giving up!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Tim was one of the most mishandled players I have seen at UConn. I hope he kicks ass in the NFL. You can almost smell the anti Xavier bias on this board some days and it's easy to think that talent rich program will send few more our way. Newsome was a close second in mis use and poor coaching and we wonder why talent goes out of state.

Huh? If anything, this board was far more charitable to Boyle than it would’ve been to an out-of-state quarterback with similar numbers.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Then maybe you can remember the dropped, on the money passes. IMHO this board is rarely charitable.

He had absolutely zero touch on the ball during his time here and had no idea how to adjust his velocity. Are you a family member or close friend?

Reaction Score

Anti-Xavier bias? Are you serious? You think there are many people here who give a crap about one particular high school in Middletown?

Talk about delusional.

Reaction Score
UConn had QB talent when P was coaching. Lagow, Nebrich, Cochran and Boyle could all play. P couldn’t manage the development of any of them and he had that idiot Deleone in charge of the OL. I remember watching the start of the Towson State game and we had to have a kid step in at right tackle for Friend who was hurt. It was like playing offense without a RT. Kid was not even remotely ready. Is it any wonder none of these QBs developed under P’s regime.

In my opinion, the damage P did to the program cannot be under estimated. If anything, Diaco just continued the trend.

Reaction Score
It’s hard to imagine how disheartening it had to be for Tim to deal with his UConn experience and yet somehow remain so incredibly persistent, believing enough in himself to make the jump to EKU. Now he’s a Packer! I guess the Lord does indeed “move in mysterious ways”. Kudos to him and his unwavering support system.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What are the terms of an UDFA 3 year deal? I assume none of it is guaranteed, he gets paid to attend camp and he has to make the team, no?

Yes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom