Tim and Katie finally get to see their daughter happy and healthy | The Boneyard

Tim and Katie finally get to see their daughter happy and healthy

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nice article in the Athletic with the Fudds seeing Azzi healthy and happy.
Now the world will see the real Azzi

In a loss to No. 1 South Carolina, taking just one shot from the field. Her parents knew she wasn’t playing like herself; she looked one-dimensional.
“It’s hard watching that at the beginning because we knew she was not playing at her capability because she was limited,” Tim said. “It was easy for people to key on what she was doing.”

Fudd made her first career start on Feb. 6 against Tennessee in a top-10 showdown. Fudd scored a quick 3 that looked good as soon as it was released, setting the tone for the game. She finished with 25 points, going 7 of 9 from beyond the arc. But perhaps the best sign for the Huskies was how light Fudd looked. During a fourth-quarter drive to the basket on which she drew a foul, the bench erupted. On the sideline, teammate Paige Bueckers, who has been sidelined since Dec. 5, smiled and raised her arms. Before taking the free throw, Fudd flashed a huge smile as she looked over to her teammates on the bench.

Fudd’s parents saw that happiness again. It had been missing since the beginning of the season as Fudd worried about pain management.

“That smile is typical Azzi,” Tim said. “When she’s locked in and she’s in it, she’s just enjoying it. (Against Tennessee,) she was playing free.”

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Azzi has shown herself to be a complete package; 3s, drives, pullups, defense. She is going to give us a lot of smiles.
I’ve had the pleasure of watching Azzi since she was in 9th grade. The only comparable HS players I’ve seen have been named Paige, Maya, and maybe Kaleena. She’s really, really, really good.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Welp, she's had her "breakout' game with 29 points (11/20 fg,, 4/8 3's, 3/3 FT , 4 reb, 3 stl, 2 blk, in 40 mins) vs Villanova. Even though it was in a losing effort, she showed us and the world what she's capable of and has the stamina to play all 40 minutes. She's proven she can play, and play well at this level. The more she plays, the more comfortable she'll become. At some point, she'll be as comfortable as she was in high school. I can hardly wait. :rolleyes:

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Katie and Tim were nice enough to chat with some random Boneyarder from NoVa in the Bahamas and Newark. Nice folks!
Someone who taught Azzi how to shoot a jumper, celebrates Thanksgiving with the Fudd family, is a participant in their secret Santa tradition and who had their preening pet cockatoo Milford named in his honor, can't be described as "random."

Reaction Score
I’ve had the pleasure of watching Azzi since she was in 9th grade. The only comparable HS players I’ve seen have been named Paige, Maya, and maybe Kaleena. She’s really, really, really good.
MilfordHusky, you’ve been saying this for a long time now. I trusted your observations then, I trust them now, and will continue to trust them in the future.
Thank you.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
MilfordHusky, you’ve been saying this for a long time now. I trusted your observations then, I trust them now, and will continue to trust them in the future.
Thank you.

Thanks! I'm not always right, but Azzi's press clippings go back before high school. She won a national FT shooting contest for kids. Her team also won a national flag football championship. She won 2 NPOY awards as a high school sophomore. Her team played in the GEICO national championship game. Sue Semrau, the Florida State head coach, was watching Azzi in 9th grade. Her team beat loaded Paul VI and Bishop McNamara teams who each had a few future Division I stars. Watching Azzi shoot after having seen the great KML for years made it clear that Azzi is an elite shooter. She works out with Steph Curry and copies his footwork. This was a pretty easy call. I'm excited to see her more at this level, and especially to see her and Paige together. When Geno recruited Aubrey, he called her, "The nicest kid in the world." Aubrey and Azzi are 1a and 1b.

Reaction Score
Pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing the article. Seeing Azzi smile during that Tennessee game was such a joy. Happy that she is feeling better and playing free. That is always the goal, playing free out there! Free from all of the negative chatter from fans, friends, parents, and coaches. Just play. Play in the Moment. Just super happy for Azzi.

Reaction Score
There is no doubt that Azzi is the real deal.
Her skill level that she has shown is off the charts.
There will be few players in CBB, that will be able to stop her in a man-to-man.
If she was not surrounded by other All Americans, she could score 30+ points per game, easy.
But this is UCONN, points mean nothing.....number 12 is the only thing that matters.

Reaction Score
We now have Paige Bueckers as the standard against which all UCONN freshmen WCBB players will now be judged.
Not exactly realistic or even sane to expect that kind of acclimation from the get-go.
I think given the strange circumstances, both Azzi and Caroline are doin' just fine. Amari will need a lot more meaningful minutes to, literally, get with the program. Bigs really do take longer to develop.
I see Azzi making a big impact in the tournaments come March

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
There has never been any doubt about AZZI's being a great shooter. What impressed me tremendously in the Marquette game was her ability to drive and score with either hand, and her tenacious defense. She does it all. And when her bff is back to loosen things up, the sky's the limit!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom