Tight ends: Powering the run game (J. Silver) | The Boneyard

Tight ends: Powering the run game (J. Silver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We desparately need a good blocker at tight end. Last year, the blocking from the tight end position was abysmal. Hoping someone can step up there.

Asking Hashemi to be the blocking tight end as a true frosh is asking alot, imo.

Reaction Score
"The Athletic Hashemi" - Amazing, P wasn't going to offer this kid a Scholly. Wasn't the great Temple Linebacker who dreamed of playing for UCONN from the same high school? P didn't offer him either.

IMO Bloom is the next great UCONN tight end. He's a big long strider like Marcus Easley, very fast for a big man.

Reaction Score
This video shows why I will never be mad at Randy Edsall. He shows where his heart is.

Reaction Score
We desparately need a good blocker at tight end. Last year, the blocking from the tight end position was abysmal. Hoping someone can step up there.

Asking Hashemi to be the blocking tight end as a true frosh is asking alot, imo.

Since I was a guy suggesting Knappe be moved to TE deep in the red zone the move makes sense but probably is a longer term move.

Reaction Score
Jimdish255 said:
Since I was a guy suggesting Knappe be moved to TE deep in the red zone the move makes sense but probably is a longer term move.

Agreed. I like Coach Diaco ' s thinking moving a tackle to tight end. I just think it is going to take a year of getting stronger for Hashemi to really contribute. I really like the thought of him as an inline blocker, and Tommy Myers playing the move tight end position.

The thing that infuriated me last year was the offense put the tight end in a good position to block, often asking them to block down on an unsuspecting defender. I don't know if it was a lack of talent, lack of effort, or both, but the tight ends could not block.

Reaction Score
"The Athletic Hashemi" - Amazing, P wasn't going to offer this kid a Scholly. Wasn't the great Temple Linebacker who dreamed of playing for UCONN from the same high school? P didn't offer him either.

IMO Bloom is the next great UCONN tight end. He's a big long strider like Marcus Easley, very fast for a big man.
My friend was D Coordinator at St. Joe's and told Coach P and staff about Tyler Matekavich but they weren't interested. He's an All American candidate and lead the NCAA with almost 9 tackles per game last year. He would have loved to play for UCONN!

http://www.owlsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7116

Hashemi is an athletic big guy who started on the bball team for St. Joe's. Assuming speed and strength are up to D-1 standards, he could develop into a workable Tight end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom