Tiger King on Netflix | The Boneyard

Tiger King on Netflix

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Wow. I don't even know how describe it. Not sure how I've never even heard about any of this. Suffice it to say that the central character, Joe Exotic, is a gun-toting, gay tiger breeder with 2 husbands, and and one epic mullet. And he's arguably not the strangest character in this true story. :eek:

The whole thing is FAR stranger than fiction. Somehow like a slow-motion train wreck and worth checking out at the same time.

Reaction Score
I watched it all in 2 days super addicting. Gotta say its the most intresting Netflix documentary I have ever seen. All the big cat people seemed to have multiple wives, in Joes case multiple husbands half his age. Its totally a colt following. I highly recommend everyone sees it, perfect documentary to have at this time.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
That b Carole Baskins and PETA

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Two episodes in and I am ready to bail. A yawner for me.

Reaction Score
The first 3-4 episodes were interesting. Then it fell off. Def should have been shorter

Reaction Score
I fell asleep three times trying to get through the 1st two episodes. Never caught my interest.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Completely crazy. One of the most unique "documentaries" I've seen. Highly, highly entertaining.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Are you still watching The Walking Dead?!
Haven't seen it in awhile. My wife decided she couldn't do it anymore. I think the time jump was it for her. I'll have to catch up on my own. But, still trying to catch up on Man In The High Castle, Get Shorty, Sneaky Pete, Fear the Walking Dead. I haven't really started Ray Donovan, Peaky Blinders or Mad Men yet. So much TV, so little time. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 4.42.38 PM.png

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Clearly he’s a bit crazy but how does Joe not realize even if he does succeed in his desire to have that bitch Carol killed he would be the number 1 suspect!? You spent like a decade posting videos about how much you wanna kill her!!!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Clearly he’s a bit crazy
A bit? The reason he doesn't realize it is because he's not capable of rational thought.

I thought this was a great line in the NYT article about it in yesterday's paper:

Yes, the behavior the show documents is wild, but the way its characters present themselves while engaging in this behavior is the glue, a seemingly limitless pool of excess that telegraphs a capacity for unfathomable choices.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Have not watched.

My only real question is whether these people are some of the same Big Cat people I've seen at King Richard's Faire.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Finished it yesterday. First episode I wasn't sure.... Second episode I got hooked.

Uh wow...I had no idea that these exotic zoos exist. And I had no idea that people have a strong desire to pet tiger Cubs...and to own tigers.

What kept it interesting is the twists and new freaks they kept introducing. If it was scripted it wouldn't be believed.

Couple thoughts...

- is the general consensus that Lowe conned him into hiring a Hitman? The Hitman never intended to kill Carole...it was all a set up to get Joe arrested. Joe was too stupid to realize how sleazy of a character Lowe was.
- how the heck are Lowe and the faux hitmen not in jail? Hopefully that changes.
- I really don't know if Carole killed her first husband, but they definitely need to do a deep investigation. She definitely has an edge to her...but I am not sure she could murder and dispose of someone that she was married to. Now....if there is someone else involved...maybe.

The show is a good pandemic distraction.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
That this show was a success is simply more proof that America is farked.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom