TIFFANY | The Boneyard

TIFFANY

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A big week--Valentine's Day and Senior Day. Thanks for coming north to college. You are a great one and will always be a Husky, wherever you go. Go out in style! Get 23 points and tie Coach Shea! Get another home win for the Huskies!

Interesting factoid: "You never want to lose in front of your home fans," said Hayes, who also did not lose a home game in high school in Florida. "You have the home crowd, your friends and family. You don't want someone to come in and ruin that all for you."

Surprising quote: "It's incredible for me to think that I have the chance to do something like that [be a top 10 career scorer]," Hayes said. "When I came here, I just expected to be a role player. It's amazing when you think about it." (Compared with Maya Moore, everyone seems like a role player.) Tiff's role now is lone senior, captain, leader, leading scorer, and hopefully All American.

Quote from 4 years ago from the kid who chose to wear the iconic #3: "I'm looking forward to having the best four years of college that anyone ever had," she says, "and I'm looking forward to getting a national championship under my belt." She has 2 NCs and can move into the record books with 1 more.

We love you, Tiff.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
She has already accomplished a tremendous amount, and it will be awesome if she breaks Maya's record for most games. Besides posting the first ever back-to-back 30 pt. games, she will almost certainly join 6 other Husky greats who are among the top-12 assist leaders by class (frosh-soph-jr-sr) for all four years of her career, and her three 30 pt. games this season is a feat that DT never accomplished in a season (a razzing point for future meetings, I'm sure). Lots of other great numbers to cite like the 6 moonballs vs Louisville in 2009 and the dozen she hit in the NCAAs that year that are special.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
From then :
388704m.jpg

To Now:
628x471.jpg

....... you've come a long way, baby!!!

We love Tiphayes3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I feel like we're the Tiffany fan club right here lol! I can't believe Senior Night is tomorrow. I feel like it was just yesterday that she was lighting up Louisville. She's come a very long way and has accomplished things that many players dream of. She's always been an asset to the team. I feel like her graduation is almost overshadowed because of the amazing class we have coming in next year. But I know I'll miss her drives to the basket, her speed, and her overall energy on the court. She's done great things during her time at UConn and I'm surely going to miss her!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I feel like we're the Tiffany fan club right here lol! I can't believe Senior Night is tomorrow. I feel like it was just yesterday that she was lighting up Louisville. She's come a very long way and has accomplished things that many players dream of. She's always been an asset to the team. I feel like her graduation is almost overshadowed because of the amazing class we have coming in next year. But I know I'll miss her drives to the basket, her speed, and her overall energy on the court. She's done great things during her time at UConn and I'm surely going to miss her!
As great as next year's group will be, I'm not sure we will have anyone with Tiff's combination of size and speed and ability to get to the basket.

The Louisville game does seem like yesterday. Jeff challenged her, and she responded. She also kept us close in the Cal game in the NCAAs.

Tiff can tie Maya in terms of wins and games played. She can surpass her in NCAA titles. Kalana, because of the red shirt partial season, has the career games played record.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Oooh, forgot about Kalana. She got extras, lucky girl, like another one-time record holder, Ashley Battle. But I think Tiff can surpass Maya in games and at least set the record for a 4-year player. She had 116 games going in to this year and is at 142 right now. 4reg+3BET+6NCAA for another possible 13 would put her at 155 max. Though the media guide says Maya ended with 77, they meant 154 at 38-39-39-38. Of course UConn has to play 13 more games for Tiff to get to 155, and even in that case for wins she could finish behind, tied, or ahead of Maya. No apologies to Maya, but we're all hoping Tiff beats her for both games and wins.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Sigh. I remember my lovely, vicious little exchange with a Florida newpaper type who insisted on saying Tiff was going to the Lady Huskies for a variety of reasons, including the fact that, in articles, his readers couldn't tell the difference between the men's and women's teams.

Wonder if they still have that problem... heh. heh. heh.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Oooh, forgot about Kalana. She got extras, lucky girl, like another one-time record holder, Ashley Battle. But I think Tiff can surpass Maya in games and at least set the record for a 4-year player. She had 116 games going in to this year and is at 142 right now. 4reg+3BET+6NCAA for another possible 13 would put her at 155 max. Though the media guide says Maya ended with 77, they meant 154 at 38-39-39-38. Of course UConn has to play 13 more games for Tiff to get to 155, and even in that case for wins she could finish behind, tied, or ahead of Maya. No apologies to Maya, but we're all hoping Tiff beats her for both games and wins.
My bad. Tiff has tied Maya with 4 losses, but she can get to 151 wins. Not bad for a "role player."

Reaction Score
Geno tweeted a request this afternoon to "pack the house" for Tiffany's big night.

Unfortunately I have to show my support at home where I'll probably be sniffling into a tissue one minute into the ceremony. Love/Hate Senior Night!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Geno tweeted a request this afternoon to "pack the house" for Tiffany's big night.

Unfortunately I have to show my support at home where I'll probably be sniffling into a tissue one minute into the ceremony. Love/Hate Senior Night!
Not just pack the house, but:

Geno Auriemma @genoauriemma
Senior night tomm night for Tiffany Hayes one of the greatest players in UConn history. Be there and let's rock the place.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
A big week--Valentine's Day and Senior Day. Thanks for coming north to college. You are a great one and will always be a Husky, wherever you go. Go out in style! Get 23 points and tie Coach Shea! Get another home win for the Huskies!

Interesting factoid: "You never want to lose in front of your home fans," said Hayes, who also did not lose a home game in high school in Florida. "You have the home crowd, your friends and family. You don't want someone to come in and ruin that all for you."

Surprising quote: "It's incredible for me to think that I have the chance to do something like that [be a top 10 career scorer]," Hayes said. "When I came here, I just expected to be a role player. It's amazing when you think about it." (Compared with Maya Moore, everyone seems like a role player.) Tiff's role now is lone senior, captain, leader, leading scorer, and hopefully All American.

Quote from 4 years ago from the kid who chose to wear the iconic #3: "I'm looking forward to having the best four years of college that anyone ever had," she says, "and I'm looking forward to getting a national championship under my belt." She has 2 NCs and can move into the record books with 1 more.

We love you, Tiff.

Amen. Nice post, Milford.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Interesting factoid on Tiffany from Rich Elliott's blog:

With as many as 13 games remaining, Hayes is on pace to finish with 1,862 points and 498 assists, which would vault her into the Top 10 in team history in both categories. In doing so, she would become the fourth UConn player to rank in the Top 10 in points and assists, joining All-Americans Maya Moore, Renee Montgomery and Diana Taurasi.

That's good company for Tiff.

Reaction Score
Four years ago, Tiffany came from Florida to Storrs CT with her Mom by TRAIN, and I remember people were posting of where her train was throughout her trip.

Reaction Score
Let's not forget she now holds the record for the most horizontal floor time...
tiff2.jpg

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Four years ago, Tiffany came from Florida to Storrs CT with her Mom by TRAIN, and I remember people were posting of where her train was throughout her trip.
Tiff's mom moved to Connecticut... wow, Im shocked :rolleyes:

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
It would be interesting to know how many times Tiffany Hayes has hit the floor during her career at UConn. It's an astounding thing to watch. No matter how hard she hits the floor, the girl just gets up and keeps playing. I sure hope she doesn't suffer from this in future years.

Reaction Score
Congrats to you Tiff. Thank you for choosing UConn, you made my day when you did. You're a fierce, fiery, and a consummate team player. No pun intended, you always left it all on the floor, no halfway effort with you. And on my wall, you're a Husky of Honor. You go girl!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tiff leaves it all on the court--in every sense of the term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom