Tiffany Hayes of UConn among women's Wooden Award finalists | The Boneyard

Tiffany Hayes of UConn among women's Wooden Award finalists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank

Roundabout
Reaction Score
Tiff has come along way! Happy for her! She may not win, but - hey - it IS an honor to be a finalist.
Agree. To be part of such an elite class of women...she has won already ....something she will be proud of for a lifetime. Congrats Tiff!!

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Tiff one of 15 finalists:

Nneka
Chiney
Griner
Prahalis
Tiff
Stricklen
Johnson (Miami)
Williams (Duke)
Williams (Miami)
Sims
Mathies (KY)
EDD
Thomas (MD)
Wojta
Diggins

No way Prahalis belongs on this list, especially with no Glory Johnson who is more deserving than Stricklen. This is an absurb mistake.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Tiff is the BOMB.... and All-American

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Quit hating on Prahalis. Is she not the Big Ten Player of the Year?
I don't know, and I don't care. It's a mediocre conference and she is one of the most over rated players in the country.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Congrats to Tiff. Because she made the final 15 here, she has a shot at the top 10 on a major AA list. That would get her name on the wall at Gampel. I'd be thrilled for her if that happens.

Actually, it it happens, I think the wall is the wrong place. Considering her great "floor" game, Tiff should get her name on a horizontal surface rather than a vertical surface. Her own spot on the hardwood would be really nice. :)

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
Congrats to Tiff. Because she made the final 15 here, she has a shot at the top 10 on a major AA list. That would get her name on the wall at Gampel. I'd be thrilled for her if that happens.

Actually, it it happens, I think the wall is the wrong place. Considering her great "floor" game, Tiff should get her name on a horizontal surface rather than a vertical surface. Her own spot on the hardwood would be really nice. :)

Hayes floor, Auriemma Court, Gampel Pavillion. Has a nice ring to it.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Firstly, congrats to Tiff. she totally deserves the honor of being named finalist.

secondly, no way does Johnson deserve to be on the list ahead of Prahalis. i may not like Sammy's game or 'tude, and laughed at the article on how she changed the game, but she's got loads of talent and a will to win. her numbers are substantially better than Johnson's across the board.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Firstly, congrats to Tiff. she totally deserves the honor of being named finalist.

secondly, no way does Johnson deserve to be on the list ahead of Prahalis. i may not like Sammy's game or 'tude, and laughed at the article on how she changed the game, but she's got loads of talent and a will to win. her numbers are substantially better than Johnson's across the board.

You talking about Glory Johnson right? At first I was thinking you were talking about Shenice Johnson.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tiff one of 15 finalists:

Nneka
Chiney
Griner
Prahalis
Tiff
Stricklen
Johnson (Miami)
Williams (Duke)
Williams (Miami)
Sims
Mathies (KY)
EDD
Thomas (MD)
Wojta
Diggins

Looking at this group by class:

1 freshman--Williams

3 sophs--Sims, Thomas,and Chiney

3 juniors--Griner, EDD, Diggins

Are the others all seniors? I know most are.

Reaction Score
I don't know, and I don't care. It's a mediocre conference and she is one of the most over rated players in the country.

Well, that "overrated" player will be drafted before Tiffany Hayes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom