Tickets Now Available From Seton Hall For Game in South Orange On Thursday, January 19, at 7:00 p.m. | The Boneyard

Tickets Now Available From Seton Hall For Game in South Orange On Thursday, January 19, at 7:00 p.m.

Reaction Score
There were some inquiries last year for individual tickets after I said I was attending. Walsh is a very old school, close and cozy place to watch a game and the Huskies are always a sell out.The Pirates always play hard at home and they had us on the ropes there 3 years ago until Aubrey took over the game, on her father's home court. The Seton Hall box office number is 973-275-HALL (4255). Cost is $20 per ticket for good seats.

If any BYers are going please feel free to let me know if you want to meet at halftime to share our expert analyses.

Reaction Score
There were some inquiries last year for individual tickets after I said I was attending. Walsh is a very old school, close and cozy place to watch a game and the Huskies are always a sell out.The Pirates always play hard at home and they had us on the ropes there 3 years ago until Aubrey took over the game, on her father's home court. The Seton Hall box office number is 973-275-HALL (4255). Cost is $20 per ticket for good seats.

If any BYers are going please feel free to let me know if you want to meet at halftime to share our expert analy

Thanks for the info........I've been checking the SH website but they're only showing the men's tickets for sale........Walsh is a fun place to watch a game......a real throwback gym.........

Reaction Score
Thanks for the info........I've been checking the SH website but they're only showing the men's tickets for sale........Walsh is a fun place to watch a game......a real throwback gym.........
I already bought 8 tickets to the UCONN game. If you want to go, do it fast.

Reaction Score
I already bought 8 tickets to the UCONN game. If you want to go, do it fast.
I got mine...........$20 bucks each across from UConn bench down low........quite a bargain!! thanks again!!

Reaction Score
I got mine...........$20 bucks each across from UConn bench down low........quite a bargain!! thanks again!!
Great. I am in the third row right above you. I grew up less than a mile away and the playground I played in during the summer had two outdoor full courts under the lights. Many of the Seton Hall men players would come down and play at night. To a kid 10-12 years old it was a major big deal.

Walsh was always the site for the Essex County High School Tournament back then. During the 60s, the winner of the ECT was invariably the #1 team in the State ( 1963-1968) and sometimes the country. The best team was Weequahic in 65-66 and 66-67. They lost one game to Seton Hall Prep with Mel Knight ( father of Brevin),when Seton held the ball all game. Knight scored all but 1 point for Seton. Center for Weequahic was Dana Lewis at 7'0'' ( #3 pick in NBA draft ), point guard was Mo Silk Layton who was the point guard for the Phoenix Suns, Bill Mainor who played at Fordham under Digger Phelps was the two guard at 6'3' and the two forwards were Cobb and Watson at 6'8''. Layton, Cobb and Watson went to USC as a package and actually beat UCLA one year.

It was impossible to get into Walsh for those games. I took a job there as a potato chip vendor so I could see the game. I actually lost money but I could go wherever I wanted in the place so who cared. I learned early on that I was never destined to be a businessman.

I played there several times in high school while at St. Benedicts. My son and daughter did too so we will all be at the game on January 19. My daughter went to basketball camp at UCONN and her coach was Shea Ralph. We all became instant and life long fans. Needless to say I was ecstatic when we rejoined the Big East.

Reaction Score
I grew up in Livingston and used to go to SH to watch games and if I remember to see a concert or two.......Walsh reminds me of a big high school gym.........a little rickety but fun compared with the big arenas.......

Reaction Score
I grew up in Livingston and used to go to SH to watch games and if I remember to see a concert or two.......Walsh reminds me of a big high school gym.........a little rickety but fun compared with the big arenas.......
It's a great place to watch UCONN because you can see all the plays developing and Geno's strategic moves. Last year he went into a zone to shut Park-Lane down. I live in North Caldwell now and go through Livingston all the time. They used to have a great outdoor summer league there back in the day.

Reaction Score
Do you remember Bob "Whitey" Dukiet? He played at Livingston High School and then Boston College for Bob Cousy? Sadly he got injured and never got to play pro ball............he went on to be an assistant coach at Princeton under the great Pete Carill and then became a successful head coach at St Peters and later Marquette and other schools..........he was much older than me but became a good friend over the years........

Reaction Score
Do you remember Bob "Whitey" Dukiet? He played at Livingston High School and then Boston College for Bob Cousy? Sadly he got injured and never got to play pro ball............he went on to be an assistant coach at Princeton under the great Pete Carill and then became a successful head coach at St Peters and later Marquette and other schools..........he was much older than me but became a good friend over the years........
Very well. Incredible player. He was the same year as Jim Delany who was from St. Benedict's. Both were All State in high school. Delany was from South Orange and his CYO team was Our Lady of Sorrows. Dukiet played for St. Philomena. They met in the CYO finals for the Archdiocese of Newark. Only recently, a golf friend of mine was talking about that game as being legendary. Can you imagine? A grammar school game 60 years ago. Dukiet won. Delany wound up starting for North Carolina in the NC game against UCLA and later became Commissioner of the Big Ten. Before he moved to South Orange he lived a few blocks away in Newark and we used to play on the court in my driveway. His father was coach of South Side in Newark during their glory years in the early 1960s.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom