Tickets for SMU | The Boneyard

Tickets for SMU

Reaction Score
are going for $7 on stubhub... am i missing something?

Cant remember tickets being this cheap for a game that wasnt preseason. Has demand to go to Uconn games dropped off that significantly?

Reaction Score
Very puzzling. And tickets were going for $15 through the UConn athletics website. Kind of strange considering it's one of few ranked teams we see at home. Also a Saturday at noon is pretty good for tip off.

Reaction Score
Very puzzling. And tickets were going for $15 through the UConn athletics website. Kind of strange considering it's one of few ranked teams we see at home. Also a Saturday at noon is pretty good for tip off.

and a day that is supposed to rain

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
The men's basketball team fan base has dwindled to only the most die hard of fans. This game is meaningless to you unless you're one of the poor souls like me who have become addicted to the rush of watching UConn achieve the impossible.

I prefer the men because they provide that high grade mind blowing rush that is so very rare in sports. The Dream Season. The '96 BE Tourney. Shock the World. The Duke Comeback in '04, Kemba, and on and on. The women are good too, but the relative lack of drama on that highest, most potent level is the difference. You need to teeter on the precipice to really get that bang for your buck.

Come on guys. Just one more hit...

Reaction Score
It's because the causal fans are off the bandwagon right now. If it wasn't an off year, this would be a hard ticket. Also it's Hartford so a lot of seats people don't want to sit in

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
There were more people in the upper level behind both baskets than there were for the rest of the year.

Reaction Score
13,000 people just shows that the fanbase will show up for games vs good teams. That is the largest crowd all year and it was pretty lively during the second half when they cut it to 5. I know 13,000 is relatively low for a season high compared to always having 15,000-16,000 on a regular basis in Hartford.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
The men's basketball team fan base has dwindled to only the most die hard of fans. This game is meaningless to you unless you're one of the poor souls like me who have become addicted to the rush of watching UConn achieve the impossible.

I prefer the men because they provide that high grade mind blowing rush that is so very rare in sports. The Dream Season. The '96 BE Tourney. Shock the World. The Duke Comeback in '04, Kemba, and on and on. The women are good too, but the relative lack of drama on that highest, most potent level is the difference. You need to teeter on the precipice to really get that bang for your buck.

Come on guys. Just one more hit...

You echo my sentiments to a tee.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
Personally I hate watching games in the XL center unless I am sitting in the lower level. I bought tourney tickets a few rows back from the scores' table so that is worth it to me. Otherwise I would sit anywhere in Gampel, hense why I got season tickets for Gampel. Gampel doesn't have a bad seat in the house and the atmosphere is way better.

Reaction Score
Personally I hate watching games in the XL center unless I am sitting in the lower level. I bought tourney tickets a few rows back from the scores' table so that is worth it to me. Otherwise I would sit anywhere in Gampel, hense why I got season tickets for Gampel. Gampel doesn't have a bad seat in the house and the atmosphere is way better.
Exactly. I'm lucky and have lower level season tickets for XL but if not I wouldn't buy them.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
I'll be there Sunday! Loud and proud! Let's take these Bearkittens down!

Reaction Score
I was there on Saturday. It was as good of a crowd as you could have expected given the circumstances. We live in a bit of a college basketball bubble so things can get a bit distorted - it's hard to sell out a college basketball game, even when you're in a bandbox arena like the Ryan Center or Conte. The fact that we drew 13,000 for our worst team in a quarter century against a good but forgettable opponent when the game meant virtually nothing is not a knock on the program or fan base. If we make it to Saturday or Sunday of the AAC tournament and it isn't sold out, then I'll be disappointed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom