OT: - Tickets for Maryland Game? | The Boneyard

OT: Tickets for Maryland Game?

Reaction Score
Greetings, looking for 4 seats for UCONN vs Maryland at XL Center on Nov 19th. Anyone got some they won't be using?

Reaction Score
did you try Ticketmaster?
Yes, I did...and presently they only have Stanford, UCLA and Texas games on the list of available tickets. Checked Stubhub, VividSeats, and others, but some want $548 per seat... PLUS shipping and "admin" fees of over $50 per ticket. Found tickets for $79 each, but when the additional per ticket fees are added on...and the travel, parking, lodging... it doesn't add up for a "regular season" and OOC game. Hopefully a Boneyarder with Season Tickets who won't be able to attend will have some to sell at more reasonable cost.

Reaction Score
Yes, I did...and presently they only have Stanford, UCLA and Texas games on the list of available tickets. Checked Stubhub, VividSeats, and others, but some want $548 per seat... PLUS shipping and "admin" fees of over $50 per ticket. Found tickets for $79 each, but when the additional per ticket fees are added on...and the travel, parking, lodging... it doesn't add up for a "regular season" and OOC game. Hopefully a Boneyarder with Season Tickets who won't be able to attend will have some to sell at more reasonable cost.

I feel your pain.........having the same issue, I assume single game tickets will go on sale at some point..........for a sport that has so many issues with attendance, they sure don't make it easy to hand over your money.............

Reaction Score
I talked with the athletic dept, wanting to only buy tickets for 4-6 games (the obvious ones), as I usually do, and they told me that they couldn't be sure there would been individual tickets for the big games. I ended up buying season tickets.

Reaction Score
I talked with the athletic dept, wanting to only buy tickets for 4-6 games (the obvious ones), as I usually do, and they told me that they couldn't be sure there would been individual tickets for the big games. I ended up buying season tickets.
SO Bags27... since you bought season tickets, got any games you have no intention of attending????
I filled out the "online form" to be informed of when single game tickets would be available and got a call trying to convince me why a Season Ticket was the way to go. I have a 6+ hour drive one way, plus lodging, parking, and other things to consider... No way I can afford to go to every home game. Plus I still have a part-time "fun job" in my retirement that expects me to be around from time to time.

Reaction Score
I feel your pain....having the same issue, I assume single game tickets will go on sale at some point.....for a sport that has so many issues with attendance, they sure don't make it easy to hand over your money...
Completely agree, and I suspect UCONN will have single game tickets available at some point. I watched almost every UCONN Game last year and saw a lot of empty seats at most but clearly not All Venues when UCONN was on the road (...reference MD game with 18,000 in attendance)., but not many when UCONN was home. Which of course is the problem... Home UCONN games are well attended, thus not many single game seats available. Last year a friend of mine got 2 tickets from a season ticket holder...on the ticket it said the value was something like $15... and this was center court, lower level, 5 or 6 rows behind the SNY desk. This makes it really hard to spend $80, $100 or as previously noted $548 PLUS $50 and more in special fees.

Reaction Score
we will happen to be in the general Hartford area looking at colleges with my daughters that weekend so thought it would be fun to combine it with the Maryland game............I don't mind spending over face value but some of the prices I'm seeing are more like NBA prices.................

Reaction Score
SO Bags27... since you bought season tickets, got any games you have no intention of attending????
I filled out the "online form" to be informed of when single game tickets would be available and got a call trying to convince me why a Season Ticket was the way to go. I have a 6+ hour drive one way, plus lodging, parking, and other things to consider... No way I can afford to go to every home game. Plus I still have a part-time "fun job" in my retirement that expects me to be around from time to time.
:) . I don't know at this point if I'll miss any now; having spent money is a pretty big incentive.

Reaction Score
:) . I don't know at this point if I'll miss any now; having spent money is a pretty big incentive.
OK, Thanks... Keep me in mind if you want to "share". Of course as much notice as possible would be appreciated due to the travel/lodging/time off work/etc arrangements I'll need to coordinate.

Reaction Score
tickets now available on what I first assumed was the XL Center website but was in fact just another reseller..starting at $78 and going up and up!

Buy Uconn Huskies Vs. Maryland Terrapins Tickets at Box Office Ticket Center
Thanks, one of "several" reseller websites apparently. Same seats I was looking at in front row of section 217
tickets now available on what I first assumed was the XL Center website but was in fact just another reseller..starting at $78 and going up and up!

Buy Uconn Huskies Vs. Maryland Terrapins Tickets at Box Office Ticket Center
Thanks... another "reseller"... I was looking at front row of section 217... $94 per ticket on this site, $79 per ticket on VividSeats. Not sure how same seats can be sold by different resellers at different prices...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I feel your pain....having the same issue, I assume single game tickets will go on sale at some point.....for a sport that has so many issues with attendance, they sure don't make it easy to hand over your money...
oh yes they do
upload_2017-9-24_23-24-28.jpeg

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Sunday game (Maryland)... I wonder what time of day, afternoon may sell out but night game I dont think so

Reaction Score
Thanks, one of "several" reseller websites apparently. Same seats I was looking at in front row of section 217

Thanks... another "reseller"... I was looking at front row of section 217... $94 per ticket on this site, $79 per ticket on VividSeats. Not sure how same seats can be sold by different resellers at different prices...

I would love to know what the face value is on these tickets, especially the $729 ones............

Reaction Score
Just saw that single game tickets will be going on sale on UCONN web site on Oct 11th. I suspect prices will be better than those on many of the ticket reseller sites, but that remains to be seen.

Reaction Score
Just saw that single game tickets will be going on sale on UCONN web site on Oct 11th. I suspect prices will be better than those on many of the ticket reseller sites, but that remains to be seen.

well that's good news.........curious to see what seats are left........the SeatGeek site has a whole bunch of seats for the usual inflated prices........few enjoy UConn WBB more then I do but $799 a seat?

Reaction Score
well that's good news....curious to see what seats are left...the SeatGeek site has a whole bunch of seats for the usual inflated prices...few enjoy UConn WBB more then I do but $799 a seat?
Completely agree Charliebball... that's why I started this thread, ...hoping to find a BYer with tickets they aren't going to use.

Searching through other sites that actually have this game tickets available, I found seats ranging from a low of $79 (before adding the extra fees and shipping) to $548 per ticket..again before adding the extra fees. This is a regular season out of conference game against a team that is likely to be far weaker than last year due to graduations and transfers. I can stay home and watch the game on TV or my computer and not deal with the 6+ hour drive, lodging costs, etc.

Reaction Score
should be a sell out, guess I wont even try purchasing
I hope you are right but I don’t remember any women’s sell outs in the last couple of years at XL, not even for Norte Dame.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I hope you are right but I don’t remember any women’s sell outs in the last couple of years at XL, not even for Norte Dame.
what was the day and time for those ND games, I thought they were at Gampel lately

Reaction Score
Having been a WBB Season Ticket Holder with my buddy since 1998 I have seen UCONN go from "can't do enough for our loyal season ticket holding fans to being deceitful and screwing us at every turn! Now they come up with "deals" to encourage NEW fans to come out that insult us season ticket holders! Such as we pay a donation (which has to be OVER $200.00 once you have x number of POINTS where they ADD & SUBTRACT points each donation which even the ticket office can not figure out) to get the right to get season tickets, then we pay the highest WCBB ticket prices in USA (ND at one time was $5.00 a game)! Then they add on surcharges per person, (this year ALL sport's season ticket holders pay $20.00 fee for repair/maintainance to athletic fields), Then several years ago the ticket office/Athletic Dept. came up with a new deal, buy a 3 game package at either Gampel or XL Center for $45.00/$15.00 per game (no donation required)! Then we pay the highest prices in USA for AAC Conference Tournament games, 1st & 2nd round NCAA games, and NCAA Regional Games, because we're UCONN fans! Any site (except The Sun) charge more for UCONN WBB games! Webster Bank Arena for comparable seats to my Gampel/XL seats at $20.00 charge $70.00 a seat plus parking fees go to $20.00 from a normal $5.00!
When the Big East was at Rutgers the whole tournament games AND parking was $40.00 to $50.00 total! Then the Tournament moved to the Hartford Civic Center(now XL) and Lou Perkins, who was AD then was asked by BE Officials what to charge, and Lou said "charge anything you want UCONN fans will pay anything for their Huskies so the BE charged $190.00 for a Tournament Package! After 3 years of lousy attendance, prices went to $99.00 all tourney price.
I've e-mailed and called Neal Eskin the asst. AD often about WBB season ticket holders being screwed and he keeps coming back with the same company BS about trying to get NEW fans to come out, and I ask him at the expense of your season ticket holders? And he doesn't reply!
I LOVE the UCONN Women BB and buying Season Tix gives us first crack at AAC & NCAA tourney tix so UCONN has us boxed in!
I'd like to know if other Tix holders see the same thing?

Reaction Score
what was the day and time for those ND games, I thought they were at Gampel lately
My bad. I guess I remember nd at STORRS. However, Do you care to dispute that there are empty sears now at every XL game? We have had season tickets for about 15 years. We have gone from frequent sell outs to lots of open seats even for big games, very sad.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
My bad. I guess I remember nd at STORRS. However, Do you care to dispute that there are empty sears now at every XL game? We have had season tickets for about 15 years. We have gone from frequent sell outs to lots of open seats even for big games, very sad.
playing a team from the AAC on a Wednesday night would never sell out the XL Center

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom