Ticket & Travel Packages Available For Battle 4 Atlantis | The Boneyard

Ticket & Travel Packages Available For Battle 4 Atlantis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If the people who run this tournament (and the people who will be televising it) have any sense of recent history, then the first round matchups are absolute no-brainers.

UConn vs. Syracuse
Gonzaga vs. Washington
Texas vs. Texas A&M
Michigan vs. Charlotte (by default)

Put us and Texas on opposite sides of the bracket since we play each other later in the year.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Gimme that Cuse matchup indeed! I want to attend this so badly. I am all set to buy the package, just waiting for my fiance (also a fellow UConn alum) to get cleared for the vacation time. I don't want to end up watching this tournament from home knowing that I should have been there.

Reaction Score
Need some advice here.
Trying to convince Wife to go. I won't leave the kids behind, so it's 4 fans.
$2300 for air.
$1200 for hotel (figuring 300 a night for a decent 2 queen bed hotel for 4 nights).
$400 for tickets (just UConn games).
$100 for airport parking, fuel, misc.

Question - how much more is it going to cost me once I get there? I heard dining out is outrageous. I'm happy to buy groceries and eat sandwiches and such for 4 days. Plus figure a case of beer for me, minimum, and some wine for wife. Don't want to rent a car unless there is no other option or if it's like U.S. pricing. Is public tranport decent? Should I consider getting a cheaper hotel (reviews are scary)?
Any help appreciated.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Need some advice here.
$2300 for air.
$1200 for hotel (figuring 300 a night for a decent 2 queen bed hotel for 4 nights).

Question - how much more is it going to cost me once I get there? I heard dining out is outrageous. I'm happy to buy groceries and eat sandwiches and such for 4 days. Plus figure a case of beer for me, minimum, and some wine for wife. Don't want to rent a car unless there is no other option or if it's like U.S. pricing. Is public tranport decent? Should I consider getting a cheaper hotel (reviews are scary)?
Any help appreciated.
See this thread for more deets

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/battle-for-atlantis-questions.76703/#post-1316190

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
I find it interesting how the all-session tickets are $15 more through the school than if you buy directly from Atlantis. Shows how these packages just jack up prices because they can...

Reaction Score
Need some hand holding here.
Followed the links to get the site to buy tickets. They were on a page with a bunch of other stuff I don't want (hotels, air, etc.) I want to just buy the tickets, and then I'll set up my own plane and hotel. Is that possible, or do you have to buy a bundled AtlantisHotel and Ticket combo?
I also called the UConn # at the bottom of the page, which is this number -----> 888-468-2666
A horrible, repeating voice mail picks up and tells you about the Women's Final Four in Tampa.
My wife is on board, which is close to a water to wine (or rum) miracle, and I really need to close this deal tonight. Any help appreciated.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Need some hand holding here.
Followed the links to get the site to buy tickets. They were on a page with a bunch of other stuff I don't want (hotels, air, etc.) I want to just buy the tickets, and then I'll set up my own plane and hotel. Is that possible, or do you have to buy a bundled AtlantisHotel and Ticket combo?
I also called the UConn # at the bottom of the page, which is this number -----> 888-468-2666
A horrible, repeating voice mail picks up and tells you about the Women's Final Four in Tampa.
My wife is on board, which is close to a water to wine (or rum) miracle, and I really need to close this deal tonight. Any help appreciated.
In the thread referenced above ( http://the-boneyard.com/threads/battle-for-atlantis-questions.76703/#post-1316190) a poster named Doheny recommended I call Atlantis directly. The number he gave me was 888-605-1683. I plan on calling them in the next day or so. I made reservations with the Comfort Inn as suggested in the above referenced link. You have five days prior to arrival to cancel without penalty. I'll continue to look for flight and hotel deals. Best flights deals start about 90 days before scheduled flight and best day to book for some reason is on a Tuesday! Hope this helps.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
I just got this from Dave at WorldTex Travel. I have been checking out rates with airlines and comfort suites and the price is coming up the same. I guess the best thing is to get the 12 games and go to just the games that Uconn plays, hoping for a win across the table for us. I am still looking for cheap air from Hartford and most direct and maybe a hotel in Nassau and rent a car to go over to Paradise Isle, I'm use to driving on the left side in the Caribbean. So at least the package is ready to be purchase, just a few tweeks and then I will be able to make these reservations.

Hope this helps for folks who will be joining me for the holiday and UCONN BASKETBALL

Mrs. Dribbles
uconn%20atlantis.jpg

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I just got this from Dave at WorldTex Travel. I have been checking out rates with airlines and comfort suites and the price is coming up the same. I guess the best thing is to get the 12 games and go to just the games that Uconn plays, hoping for a win across the table for us. I am still looking for cheap air from Hartford and most direct and maybe a hotel in Nassau and rent a car to go over to Paradise Isle, I'm use to driving on the left side in the Caribbean. So at least the package is ready to be purchase, just a few tweeks and then I will be able to make these reservations.

Hope this helps for folks who will be joining me for the holiday and UCONN BASKETBALL

Mrs. Dribbles
uconn%20atlantis.jpg
See the previous post for booking flights.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
https://ems.resunner.com/atlantis maybe this will work it didn't for me,
Here is a copy of the brochure they put out. Tickets , air and hotel are sold separately. somehow can't get the brochure to copy here. Sorry about that, contact
WorldTek Travel
Dave Smith
Vice President Sales and Account Management
One Audubon, Suite 400
New Haven, CT 06511
203-773-6460
203-410-8242 Cell

He has all the information

Mrs Dribbles

Reaction Score

Mrs. Dribbles
uconn%20atlantis.jpg
You can purchase just the Uconn games

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
I have the Comfort Suites confirmed and it is refundable up to 11/19. I am going to purchase the 12 game I think or do you think the 3 or 4 games is better. Still looking for a good air deal, did see a rate of 460 plus taxes and your life think it was UsAir, but will wait awhile to book them.

Mrs. Dribbles

Reaction Score
You can take the water taxi from the Cruise ship dock in Nassau to PI during the day for $4 each way. IMO you want access to Atlantis water park to enjoy while you are there. For this you need to stay at either Atlntis, Comfort Suites, One & Only Ocean Club or Harborside Resort all of which are on PI. My preference is Harborside. We were there for the tourney in 2011 and to Atlantis many times.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Haven't posted much the past years. However, always looking for important info on Atlantis. Traveled a ton in my life so far but not to Atlantis. I booked this trip for my son and I. He is a percentage owner and Excutive Chef in Savannah. It will be a special time together. AND of course huge UConn fans. I booked everything myself. Our rooms were solid April 14th. Flights booked April 24th. I fly Delta out of Harrisburg, PA and Kyle out of Savannah. We meet in Atlanta. Flights were a bear even in April.

It's a special trip so I am sure I will be paying more than you seasoned Atlantis travelers. We bought the whole tourney at $370.00. Lower seating. Where I don't know. Posters that commented on the price of food are correct. It is nuts. I asked my son if he wanted fine dining. He said "hell no" lol. That is what he cooks all the time. So, looking for inexpensive food. Beer and grinders sounds great. At 64, I can do water parks.

The timing is great for this time. spend some quality time with my son and I strongly beleive this is going to be a great year for the Pups. Staying at the Coral (expensive). The tourney ticks were in their package. Hope to bump into some Yarders. GO UCONN!!!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The official seller for UConn tickets for Battle of Atlantis is World Tek. You can contact them by phone at 888-468-2666 or online at www.uconnhuskies.com.

Reaction Score
Need some advice here.
$2300 for air.

Any help appreciated.
When I was there 4 or so years back (I was twelve then) I stayed in a holiday inn or some chain across the street from Atlantis. The hotel was okay, and did the trick for a much lower price than on Atlantis property. As for the dining itself, go with sandwiches! The dining both in Atlantis and outside (even over the bridge to the main island) is overpriced and extremely subpar. If all you are looking to do is go to the games and maybe bring your kids to the waterpark and hang out at the beach, I'd buy a one or two day pass for that, stay in a hotel off Atlantis property and eat sandwiches for sure.

Reaction Score
Day passes are only available to cruise ship passengers now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom