Ticket switch | The Boneyard

Ticket switch

Reaction Score
I recently bought tickets for Maryland game at XL. Venue changed to campus. XL seats are behind UConn bench now Gampel seat are behind basket. Stub hub will not make up the difference in ticket prices or give a refund not to mention the crazy fee they charge. Anyone ever experience this ? What to do?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I had a problem with StubHub awhile back. I never received tickets from a third party seller. StubHub insisted I did. So I filed a claim with my credit card company. It took awhile and I had to fully document the failure of StubHub to provide the tickets. But eventually, a refund was credited to my account.

So my suggestion is to start with your credit card company. Tell them that StubHub essentially did the old “bait and switch” and that you want a refund. Afterwards, I strongly suggest never purchasing tickets on StubHub again. I now use Vivid Seats. They are far superior to StubHub.

Reaction Score
I had a problem with StubHub awhile back. I never received tickets from a third party seller. StubHub insisted I did. So I filed a claim with my credit card company. It took awhile and I had to fully document the failure of StubHub to provide the tickets. But eventually, a refund was credited to my account.

So my suggestion is to start with your credit card company. Tell them that StubHub essentially did the old “bait and switch” and that you want a refund. Afterwards, I strongly suggest never purchasing tickets on StubHub again. I now use Vivid Seats. They are far superior to StubHub.
Thank you

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I`m puzzled by the whole notion that tickets for the Maryland game were ever being sold for XL. It looks to me like it has been at Gampel ever since they announced the game locations.

The initial notification said "TBA" for the location of the Maryland game. The full schedule with locations came later.

What am I missing? Did they switch venues? How could they sell tickets for the Maryland game at XL before knowing whether the game would be played there? (Which it is not.) That seems unethical. Of course, to people my age, a whole lot of things these days seem unethical.

On a somewhat related note, I have been irritated by the fact that season tickets are renewed and the seat upgrade game is played before the schedules are announced for Gampel versus XL. That is not user friendly for someone getting tickets for only one of those venues, not both. But I understand why they do it. Not unethical, I guess, but I don`t have to like it.

Reaction Score
I`m puzzled by the whole notion that tickets for the Maryland game were ever being sold for XL. It looks to me like it has been at Gampel ever since they announced the game locations.

The initial notification said "TBA" for the location of the Maryland game. The full schedule with locations came later.

What am I missing? Did they switch venues? How could they sell tickets for the Maryland game at XL before knowing whether the game would be played there? (Which it is not.) That seems unethical. Of course, to people my age, a whole lot of things these days seem unethical.

On a somewhat related note, I have been irritated by the fact that season tickets are renewed and the seat upgrade game is played before the schedules are announced for Gampel versus XL. That is not user friendly for someone getting tickets for only one of those venues, not both. But I understand why they do it. Not
StubHub - Buy & Sell Concert, Sport & Theatre Tickets.jpeg
unethical, I guess, but I don`t have to like it.
It appears to be stub hubs mistake?

Reaction Score

On a somewhat related note, I have been irritated by the fact that season tickets are renewed and the seat upgrade game is played before the schedules are announced for Gampel versus XL. That is not user friendly for someone getting tickets for only one of those venues, not both. But I understand why they do it. Not unethical, I guess, but I don`t have to like it.
It probably wouldn't make much of a difference for me renewing season tickets, but I don't like it either. Tell me what I'm buying before asking me to renew and pay $$$. The way UConn does it is rude and inconsistent for a quality program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom