Thursday Thoughts: | The Boneyard

Thursday Thoughts:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On Notre Dame.

UConn 33 Notre Dame 30 Final. Period. The End.

UConn @ Maryland in 48 hours.

I'm starting to feel that little itch getting stronger.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
This was the game that I was looking forward to all off-season...and unfortunately, I honestly haven't even given the game much thought in the past 36 hours with the latest news. Saturday will be a great distraction from the depression that has become the state of the conference/athletic program right now.

Reaction Score
This was the game that I was looking forward to all off-season...and unfortunately, I honestly haven't even given the game much thought in the past 36 hours with the latest news. Saturday will be a great distraction from the depression that has become the state of the conference/athletic program right now.

Suck it up and stop whining or I"ll reach through this computer and kick your ass.

UConn 33 Notre Dame 30 They ran away to a league where they're football program won't get beat up. duck them.

Reaction Score
I hate to admit this but our offensive linemen had incredible composure during Edsall's era. Our defensive linemen still do. Maybe even better.

Reaction Score
I just hope that this week we have more answers than questions, which is what happened last week. We went into the State game looking for our offense to show, we all know what happened. The big debate is whether State's D was legit or not, and this conversation can go on forever but who really knows at this point of the season. The one thing that concerns me is the pressure that is going to b put on the offense to perform. We need to score early and let the D go to work, because if we don't, I think Whitmer is going to try to make something happen and throw a ball that shouldn't of been thrown. Based on what I'm hearing from my buddies in Maryland, their pass D is quite susceptible to an air attack. If we don't have the ability to exploit that, it could b a long season for us.... The O just needs a few sustaining scoring drive to build some confidence and I think we'll b fine from there. Let's go Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
Does the MD offense have an advantage by knowing Brown's defense from his time there?

I can't believe he has changed it that much or is able to disguise it so dramatically that the MD offense won't have some idea of what's coming.

Reaction Score
Does the MD offense have an advantage by knowing Brown's defense from his time there?

I can't believe he has changed it that much or is able to disguise it so dramatically that the MD offense won't have some idea of what's coming.

How many players from those teams are still there, given the rate of defections? I'm more concerned about RE's knowledge of our guys and being able to exploit their tendencies.

Reaction Score

Sure, there's a bit of an advantage having an idea what the defense is doing, vs. having no idea what the defense is doing, but that doesnt change the fact that if you've got 5 guys to block, and 6 guys coming - somebody is unblocked.

Reaction Score
On Notre Dame.

There's probably a lotion or ointment for that......over the counter or prescription. You should be more careful from here on out.

Reaction Score
On Notre Dame.

I'm glad I'm not the only one royally pissed that the game we've had circled for two years is being overshadowed by those bags from south bend. It's thursday already and the talk about our game against UMD has been basically nil.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
It's thursday already and the talk about our game against UMD has been basically nil.
For the most part, the talk of the game has been nil, it's mostly about a coach. And a former coach at that.

I got a lot more info from the UConn Blog article on Friends with Bennies... The Testudo Times blogger chatting with our guys.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
For the most part, the talk of the game has been nil, it's mostly about a coach. And a former coach at that.

I got a lot more info from the UConn Blog article on Friends with Bennies... The Testudo Times blogger chatting with our guys.
This game wouldn't really have been circled two years ago if it wasn't for that former coach being their current coach. It would be a nice OOC game but nothing more important than the NC State game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom